Thread: Attends 6 Tape

Default Attends 6 Tape

Just wanted to say that these are really good diapers and that I woke up today with a soaked one and it didn't leak at all!! They are relatively cheap and are a good deal everyone should try them.

Butterfly Mage

You should have seen how good they were in the 1990s. Attends has gone downhill a LOT -- especially in the past 3 years. They're an "ok" diaper now, but they used to be a really good diaper before the company was purchased by PaperPak.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    they used to be a really good diaper before the company was purchased by PaperPak.
    More like PAPER THIN NICHT WAHR?!!?!?

You should have seen how good they were in the 1990s. Attends has gone downhill a LOT -- especially in the past 3 years. They're an "ok" diaper now, but they used to be a really good diaper before the company was purchased by PaperPak.
    X2

The ones with blue tapes, and the scent were the best. I regret that I threw a half a bag away on a purge about 10 years ago...

Butterfly Mage

I miss that nice baby powder scent too. And the fact that the padding didn't shred after 30 minutes of wear.

I have to wonder if peoples' memories exceed the reality of the Attends from the '90s, and that some of the newer and thicker diapers available today have furthered that perception.

Attends with elastic waist/6-tapes are still a pretty good diaper. I have a few packs from the early 2000s before they were changed, so have made some detailed comparisons. On the current ones, the elastic around the waist is better and doesn't come apart while wearing, like the originals tended to do after two to three hours of wearing, particularly during the summer. The tapes aren't blue anymore, but perform similarly. They're packed differently and more tightly in the package, so they're more compressed and look thinner when first taken out (probably they're "de-bulked"/flattened more during the manufacturing process). Sometimes I leave a few out of the package for a few days before wearing to help them fluff back up a bit. I haven't found them to be any less absorbent. So glad they're still plastic on the outside too.

Occasionally, I have gotten a bag or two with poor quality control, where the tapes don't stick well, or the diapers aren't cut uniformly. And that's not good. But that hasn't happened very often and overall, I love the fit and look. I'm such a purist about how a diaper is supposed to look and feel -- as much like a baby diaper as possible. Since my preferences were shaped by how baby diapers were in the early to mid-'80s, I think Attends is still one of the most babyish diapers around (Bambinos are too, but in a different way). I do wish Attends were thicker, but that can be enhanced with the Abri-let diaper inserts. That combination is good for several significant wettings.

I'm glad they're still around, even though I also use other diapers. It's hard to find the perfect disposable diaper...

I miss that nice baby powder scent too. And the fact that the padding didn't shred after 30 minutes of wear.

Stop!...Stop. Please, I'm pining...:cryhankie:

Darkfinn

The attends of yesteryear were definately better than the current ones. Still, the new ones aren't horrible considering the price. I use some as daytime or around the house diapers... when I don't want something as thick as a Bambino. They do alright as long as you aren't super active... but they clump up horribly when wet, which I hate.