Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Default What are you reading?

Just what the title says~ The other threads are probably dead... so I'm starting a brand new one! ^w^

I'm reading Magnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan.

Pretty obvious why because everyone should know I adore Loki by now.

Mrs. Maxx likes Rick Riordan. I'll have to let her know. I'm still working on Robin Hobb's Soldier Son Trilogy. Next up will be Dark Tower (Maxx Junior recommendation) or Game of Thorns (Starrunner recommendation) depending on which comes available first at the library.

I read a lot and tend to go through a book every other day.

Buuut um! Currently I'm reading, "11/22/63" by Stephen King. <^.^7

Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang. You could say I was inspired by Arrival. ^.^

I'm reading a book that my grandson has read, "The Unwanteds". He wanted me to read it. It's actually pretty good.

Nothing right now but I just finished a fascinating old autobiography from 1954 about the Edwardian stage actress, Ada Reeve, whose quote I use on my signature. I'm interested in the early 1900s and collect old postcards of bygone beauties of the day and to read her account of living through things like the Jack the Ripper scare and the Jack Johnson/ Tommy Burns prize fight was really cool. Here's a scan of one of my postcards.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ada Reeve feather hat.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	29296

I am currently reading A Mother's Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy by Sue Klebold. So far it is a beautiful (by beautiful I mean the writing style) book and I highly recommend it

Does reading this thread count?! lol

I am currently not reading anything. Some very good posts here though.

My dad actually has a novel manuscript that he's never published that I'm working my way through. It feels kinda trippy because it reads exactly like my dad talks but I suppose that makes sense because he wrote it ��

"The End of the Cold War" by Robert Service. It's quite a hefty paperback, and I'm working through it quite slowly at the minute (Uni stuff, blah blah), but it's fascinating!