Buying diapers in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiganDL89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Why does it seem like they're so expensive?

sadly that's the way it is, I generally wait until Rite Aid has there depends on sale and drive around and stock up then, there are still the stupid clothlike depends in some stores inventory so if I hit 5-6 Rite Aid stores I may find 3 with the plastic ones

Right right.

i buy most of my diapers at goodwill and salvation army stores usally under 4 $ a bag its a hit and miss if they have them but being incon i have a big supply on hand at all times

MusicLover3889 said:

because they are expensive, granted about a decade ago their prices began to skyrocket.

kevin56 said:
i buy most of my diapers at goodwill and salvation army stores usally under 4 $ a bag its a hit and miss if they have them but being incon i have a big supply on hand at all times

I hit the thrift stores around where I live as well

MusicLover3889 said:

I think it has a lot to do with how many hands product go through to end up in stores like that, and the "cost" to have it on the shelf. Plus, I think it has a lot to do with how hard the store is trying to actually sell it. Some places may price cheap and aim for volume, and others may price higher and go for a higher profit margin per sale.

First thing, if there's a brand you would like, try the manufacturer to see if there are coupons. Depend will certainly send you a coupon (with a sample even), as weill some others. Depend also periodically runs coupons in the advertising supplements to the papers. Actually, some of the store brands aren't that bad. You can even get a pretty good deal on a case at SamsClub.

Interesting.

willnotwill said:
First thing, if there's a brand you would like, try the manufacturer to see if there are coupons.

I see coupons for Depends and Tena all the time.

I buy diapers in bulk, once in a month!

Half the fun is shopping for diapers and trying a variety of brands. Many of the store brands and institutional brand's aren't that at bad. I picked up a pack of 50 for $1.50 at a thrift store last week. That's only 3 cents each. That's cheap enough to use for every day on a trip and and not having to do regular underwear laundry.

ChooChoo69 said:
Half the fun is shopping for diapers and trying a variety of brands. Many of the store brands and institutional brand's aren't that at bad. I picked up a pack of 50 for $1.50 at a thrift store last week. That's only 3 cents each. That's cheap enough to use for every day on a trip and and not having to do regular underwear laundry.

Most of these are just "dribble catchers", which in itself isn't too bad for "replacement underwear" if you don't intend to use. However, construction on them also tends to be pretty shoddy and the ones I've seen clump like crazy, pop or break tapes, split, or otherwise fall apart after a few hours.

If they're going to serve as replacement underwear, they need to last at least a good 8 hrs during the day.

bambinod said:
Most of these are just "dribble catchers", which in itself isn't too bad for "replacement underwear" if you don't intend to use. However, construction on them also tends to be pretty shoddy and the ones I've seen clump like crazy, pop or break tapes, split, or otherwise fall apart after a few hours.

If they're going to serve as replacement underwear, they need to last at least a good 8 hrs during the day.

Seconded. I also buy mine onl just ne and by the case. Buying "cheap" diapers in the stores just costs too much overall, while also wasting my time to go get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back