Done being an adult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyatte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
After what happened today (see mature forum titled bad day) Starting tomorrow may 21st I will give up being an adult and communicating to my family as one b u t stay in my room as my baby self

That's doesn't sound like a good idea. We all have bad days but that can't make you done being an adult. Even I have bad days but I have to push through them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wherever you go, there you are. You can't escape yourself and you're an adult, just like the rest of us. It's natural to want to withdraw after bad experiences and setbacks but we have to move forward, and it's adult and baby side together, making things better.

Take a break and recover but be ready to get back on the horse when you're done.

Being an adult is horrible. Stress, responsibility and having to do things and go places we simply do not want to. It simply sucks at times and the mind wanders to dreams and fantasies. We all wish that we could fade away from all the monotony of daily life.

I do not know your situation or why you want to hide away from the world but will read your previous thread to try and get a sense. From what you have said on this thread I agree with the other responses so far in that this could be a very bad idea for you. Even if we do not want to take on the challenge of living as an adult, you have no way to avoid it I am afraid. We all keep growing up and not down. You can't hide away forever and you run the risk of doing severe mental and social harm to yourself.

From my experience within this scene the key to success is balance. You have to evolve so you can be a happy adult when you need to be and a happy little when you have the time. Humans do not do very well for themselves if they are unable to be part of society. Ask yourself if a life of lonliness is worth it to be able to let go of all responsibility. You owe it to yourself to grow as a person and have the confidence to blend your little side with a successful member of society.

It is tough, you have to dig deep. It may feel uncomfortable at times and you may fall many times before you reach a healthy balance. It is fine to be fearful or upset with the world and it is okay to retreat when we need to, especially to express something so important to us. Maybe a little break and some thinking time will allow you to take a fresh approach and take control of your life and future.

Wyatte said:
After what happened today (see mature forum titled bad day) Starting tomorrow may 21st I will give up being an adult and communicating to my family as one b u t stay in my room as my baby self

That's not possible. You will be a burden to your family and everyone would be expecting you to get help. If my own child did that, I would give them two choices, get help or move out of my house. I also wouldn't support them either because they're an adult if they were just quitting their adult life and doing nothing to fix whatever they are going through.

Wyatte said:

Hi Wyatte.

As a lot of people have already said.

Staying in Little space for long periods of time is not going to be good for you.

You need Little space to release the stress of being an adult.

But we all need to Adult up. Or as I say pretend to be an adult. If you like me your Little side is about 0.6 seconds away.

I know it hard sweetheart and we are all here for you.

Sometimes people around you can be meanies.

- - - Updated - - -

MotherFaith said:
Being an adult is horrible. Stress, responsibility and having to do things and go places we simply do not want to. It simply sucks at times and the mind wanders to dreams and fantasies. We all wish that we could fade away from all the monotony of daily life.

I do not know your situation or why you want to hide away from the world but will read your previous thread to try and get a sense. From what you have said on this thread I agree with the other responses so far in that this could be a very bad idea for you. Even if we do not want to take on the challenge of living as an adult, you have no way to avoid it I am afraid. We all keep growing up and not down. You can't hide away forever and you run the risk of doing severe mental and social harm to yourself.

From my experience within this scene the key to success is balance. You have to evolve so you can be a happy adult when you need to be and a happy little when you have the time. Humans do not do very well for themselves if they are unable to be part of society. Ask yourself if a life of lonliness is worth it to be able to let go of all responsibility. You owe it to yourself to grow as a person and have the confidence to blend your little side with a successful member of society.

It is tough, you have to dig deep. It may feel uncomfortable at times and you may fall many times before you reach a healthy balance. It is fine to be fearful or upset with the world and it is okay to retreat when we need to, especially to express something so important to us. Maybe a little break and some thinking time will allow you to take a fresh approach and take control of your life and future.

:wts6Ar:

No realistic opinion Im afraid. At some point in your life you will be asked to live on your own. Then you can either die outside, be homeless or get a job and provide for yourself... What we can chose is a life with a minimum amount of responsibilities. I gotta tell you, however, there is not much to see in a life like this. Yes, adulthood means doing things we may not like. Then again we usually have a choics 99 percent of time unlike kids. Some hate their job but dont want to change jobs due to a financial cut. I'd say: Then everything is going like you want, stop complaining. The life of an adult is full of possibilities, adventures and freedom...if you play your cards right.
If you have a job you can always save money. With that cash you can buy plane tickets and a room...where? up to you. You can be laying on the beach eating pizza and drinking delicious red wine in only a few hours.
Or get in car and drive to the woods. Walk into the wild and just close your eyes. Take a dumb like bear and get a bloody burger on the way back. Not gonna cost you more than 20 bucks if you don't get a caught for defecating in a natural sanctuary.
Your responsibilities are very limited I presume. Do you have kids? A sick spouse to take care of? Mobsters breaking your legs because you didn't pay? A lawsuit against you?

That sounds like a boring life to have. Sure, being an adult can be difficult at times but you can't stay little forever. I'm sorry you had that type of experience but you can't let it get the best of you.

Ok here is an update I am continuing being an adult but am limiting those i talk to

Wyatte said:

Aspects of this urge are apparently rather common in Japan: Hikikomori

Arguably, it's due to the fact that Japanese society places such an emphasis on "fitting in". So, by extension, I'd surmise that you might be feeling the way you do because you feel you can't integrate as an adult in modern society -- which is perfectly understandable, I'm often at a loss myself. I think it's important to keep trying though, and make an attempt not to wall yourself off. Spend some time in little space if need be, but be prepared to return sooner or later. Dealing with people is one area where being stubborn actually pays off. ^.^;

Wyatte said:

You only get so much time with your family, one day you will wake up and they won't be there.

I agree with everyone else.
I will add the isolation is really the greatest danger in being an AB/DL. Infantileism isn't exactly socially acceptable, so indulging our little side often means hiding in out bedrooms. That might be fine in small doses, but just laying around in a diaper gets old pretty fast. There are so many other worthwhile things in life, not to mention it is unfair to burden others by not taking responsibility for yourself.
I would suggest you attempt to be an independant and well adjusted adult. In the meantime, you can use your freedom to create a play space for yourself and find other like-minded people to share your lifestyle with.

Wyatte said:
Ok here is an update I am continuing being an adult but am limiting those i talk to

Hi Wyatte

there is a back story to all this which you not telling us. we might be able to help if you tell us what is happening for you.

but some people can be meanies, but that why we have Little space so we can be biger that they are.

Siysiy

The back story is that I found out the trade school I went to didn't teach the stuff that was required for my field then my cancer came back and has to start chemo again then when chemo is done then radiation therapy then surgery and now because someone was not paying attention to the road because he was using his phone and hit my car totaling it in the eyes of my insurance company I have to now wait for them to make a decision to who is at fault for the accident. Looking at the damage to my car it shows I was hot. The only damage is to the front passenger side of the bumper and there are gouges going right to left and the frame support for the bumper shows impact from the side causing it to buckle supporting that the guy hit me where as if I hit him the damage would be on then front of the bumper. Now o just have to wait until my insurance determans who is at fault and if they say I am I get nothing but if the other guy is at fault for driving distracted and hitting me then I get the value of my car minus the amount that they could salvage it for which is about $1000

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ok have the insurance supena his phone records to show he was on phone.
Plus if you don't come out and act as a baby full time who's to say they worry .
Then your sent to a psychiatric ward to be evaluated.
Just be careful.

Hi Wyatte

Sorry to hear all that, you going through a tough times.

Sometime all we can do is live each day as it comes, taking time out to think thinks through and to make plans of actions, may be helpful.

Let us know how it goes

Siysiy

Those are some rough breaks. Good luck with your treatment and car insurrance. As for your education; one must be careful when choosing a course of study. A lot of schools don't exactly provide what employers are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back