Bye ABU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cereal said:
Are you wearing the diaper inside out?

That might be the issue.

That was kind of my thinking. :chin:

I've been wearing the medium Little Pawz for this past week as a night diaper, and they've been freakishly good.

They feel amazing, and I haven't seen even a hint of clumping, even after having it on all night long. My only guess is maybe a sizing issue...? Dunno.

Really sounds like a sizing issue. Too big isn't going to fit right and will leak. Or you where wearing it wrong

I've never had an ABU leak that I hadn't been wearing more than 8 hours. I've never had a clumping issue. I've never had a tape issue, although there is a known issue with the older Mediums that ABU addressed publicly and corrected.

I <3 ABU Space. I find the liners among the softest, and the fit to be very good.

Body shape is a very important factor in how well certain diapers will work. May be a case where ABU just simply isn't going to work for you. For me Northshore Supremes are about as useful as underwear. Everyonerates them highly so they must work for many people. But other night when I had a fecal accident while trying out Northshore Supreme they held basically nothing.

I haven't worn ABU diapers extensively, but I never had any problems with the ABU Little Pawz (even a strict DL like me found that design cute) sample I tried some time ago. I am not sure if I will get additional ABU diapers, as while I found their absorbency to be unrivaled, I found them more absorbent than they need to be. The diapers I typically use (ConfiDry 24/7, iD Slip PE) are enough to get the job done, and they don't cost as much (it doesn't cost much more to get a case of 24/7 and a case of iD Slip PE than it does to get a case of ABU). Perhaps I will wait and see if they come out with additional designs (I would jump on an MLP: FiM themed diaper).

I like my ABU Little paws. Only gripe(s) I have is that I'm between sizes. The only other issue is the fact that once ive fully wet the diaper, the sap falls down to the bottom and creates one giant clump of sap, leaving the front portion just the plastic shell since that all got wet and migrated to the lowest part of the diaper.

I'm just annoyed that Large on the Simples has been out of stock so long.

MickeyM said:
I like my ABU Little paws. Only gripe(s) I have is that I'm between sizes. The only other issue is the fact that once ive fully wet the diaper, the sap falls down to the bottom and creates one giant clump of sap, leaving the front portion just the plastic shell since that all got wet and migrated to the lowest part of the diaper.

Do you know of any disposables that don't have that problem? (or were you hoping for ABU to discover a solution?)

I've never got this "clumped" complaint going around more & more these days. The SAP is designed to absorb almost as quickly as you urinate & therefore parts of the Diaper are going to swell as a result!! What's wrong with that?

A Diaper is designed to feel soft before use by using fluff as padding with a moderate SAP ratio for absorbency. The only diapers that had serious problems from Slumping were those REALLY cheap one use products which used Pulp instead of SAP which wouldn't swell as the Fluff shrinks when wet.

ABU products have an insane capacity which requires several large discharges in order to activate the rest of the SAP. So Clumping is a Good thing. It means there is a lot of high end SAP in there, doing what it's supposed to. Some people prefer thinner diapers like Barebum, Tena Maxis C, Tykables, etc. because there is LESS inner materials & therefore less is needed to swell up the product. Thus is the appeal of Pampers. It spreads so quickly & evenly because there really isn't much sap in one or two places.

As for the Fit? If you're not using extra tape by now to close the Gap at the back of most products which seems to be an inherent weakness of all Diapers then there is a lesson to be learnt!

ABU are extremely expensive though. I agree. And the fact that they are for the most part all very similar in build & shape doesn't make for much incentive to try their other range. With the exception of Barebums of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back