Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Questions About Ordering a Dress

  1. #1

    Default Questions About Ordering a Dress

    https://www.spreepicky.com/products/...dress-sp152182

    I found a really cute dress that I really want to get but two things are holding me back.

    1. My measurements put me in the XL size, but my....my belly is about an inch bigger than the waist measurement for XL. Should I go up to 2XL just for my belly?

    2. I don't want my irl mom to find out about the dress. Normally I'd have the package held somewhere so I could pick it up and take it inside when she's away. But I'm unsure if I can do that with an international order. Would that be possible?

  2. #2

    Default

    Looking a the way that dress is cut, the waist is probably less of an issue than making sure it fits through the chest. If you don't know your chest size, you need to get a measuring tape and check. Note their size chart is also predcated for bust size, so guys should allow a couple of more inches to their chest size. (The bust "band" size isn't exactly compatible).

    If you have a UPS store or other similar PMB outfit nearby, ask them how to do a one off delivery. You have it shipped to "your name' at the UPS store's address. They charge $4 for the service if you're not already a box holder. If you set it up in advance, they will email you when it arrives.

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Zillabrony13 View Post
    https://www.spreepicky.com/products/...dress-sp152182

    I found a really cute dress that I really want to get but two things are holding me back.

    1. My measurements put me in the XL size, but my....my belly is about an inch bigger than the waist measurement for XL. Should I go up to 2XL just for my belly?

    2. I don't want my irl mom to find out about the dress. Normally I'd have the package held somewhere so I could pick it up and take it inside when she's away. But I'm unsure if I can do that with an international order. Would that be possible?
    That dress looks super cute! Kinda want...

    My experience ordering from Asia is that sometimes the measurements are small, so be careful. That said, waist should be measured at the narrowest point of your body for girl's clothes, not a pant waist line. Also like Will said, that dress will be tight under your bust, but flare out over the belly so that part should be fine!

    Enjoy it hon, it looks super cute!

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AdorableRabbit View Post
    That dress looks super cute! Kinda want...

    My experience ordering from Asia is that sometimes the measurements are small, so be careful. That said, waist should be measured at the narrowest point of your body for girl's clothes, not a pant waist line. Also like Will said, that dress will be tight under your bust, but flare out over the belly so that part should be fine!

    Enjoy it hon, it looks super cute!
    Wha yoo mean by sometimes the measurements are small?

  6. #6

    Default

    He means the dress is probably smaller than the size chart would have you believe. Such is the peril of not being able to try things on.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    He means the dress is probably smaller than the size chart would have you believe. Such is the peril of not being able to try things on.
    Yes, exactly.

    I have bought some things from SpreePicky and other store on StoreEnvy, and about 1 in 4 items is actually smaller than the official measurements on the site. If you're borderline and they have a size up it's not a bad idea to go big. You can always make clothes smaller...

  8. #8

    Default

    Ok. I'll go up to a 2XL, just to be safe. *nodnods* Thankies to yoo both for all the help.

  9. #9

    Default

    I would email them before ordering. Just to make sure you are sizing it up correctly. They probably get many emails about exacty your issue.

  10. #10

    Default

    Beware - note the measurements may be in centimeters (CM) - a centimeter is 2.54 inches or for a bloke with a 32 inch waist = 81 cm.
    Don't get confused here - Know how to do conversions !
    Note also the fine print of "there maybe 2-3cms (guess-timate - hidden) measurements "
    When one dress garment is sized the next one may be off and subsequently everyone after that !

    Most items; use the XL measurement and see if the minimum allowance for fitting works XL Asian is like M USA get the idea ?
    For someone who fits a USA XL you should be looking at Asian XXXL at least 2 sizes bigger.
    Also beware of long sleeve garments - dem orient people are short armed - your long sleeve dress will be 2-3 inches shorted at the wrist !

    As for receiving things at a general delivery at USPS UPS or FEDEX Asian goods are less apt to require a signed delivery receipt - Europe is another thing.
    Have something very expensive - customs duties and fees may be involved.

    Lastly ABSOLUTED GET THE SIZE RIGHT - if it is not and it is your fault - mailing (shipping) the item back is going to be prohibited in COST.
    Alternative think about keeping the item and have alterations done to make it fit !
    Generally the item is made at a slave labor factory paying less than nothing to make and if an error is made the seller can easily afford to ship
    a correct sized replacement at the shippers expense. Don't give an inch if it not your fault ! Buying on Ebay you may have buyer protection
    and the weapon of Feedback to make the situation right and in your favor for a refund or replacement ! Look up the seller satisfaction (Feedback) to see
    if this is the place you want to buy that oh so cute dress or other fantasy item !
    Even if you are buying a SISSY item you don't have to be a sissy in making
    the transaction !

    Good Luck and may a pleasant fitting be with you !

Similar Threads

  1. Dependeco ordering questions
    By Straycatz in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-Mar-2014, 00:44
  2. Questions about ordering to a P.O. Box
    By Cloud in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 31-Jan-2012, 12:14
  3. ordering online (questions with shipping it other places)
    By ThatOneGuy95 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-Aug-2011, 19:08
  4. Questions regarding XP Medical Abena ordering
    By ChaosDX in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 22-Feb-2011, 21:56
  5. Some questions after just ordering off bambinos
    By DLJeff11 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-May-2009, 03:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.