Thread: Can't Connect to Xbox Live

Default Can't Connect to Xbox Live

I've been having this problem for a while, and I need some help.

I'm unable to connect to Xbox Live. I have a wireless PC with a fast internet connection, which is connected to my Xbox 360 through an ethernet cable. The connection is password protected, which I think is the problem, but I'm not sure how to enter information like that into the Xbox. I've tried bridging the connections, but I get an error saying "To create a Network Bridge, you must select at least two LAN or High-Speed Internet connections that are not being used by Internet Connection Sharing." I use Windows Vista if that helps.

Help!

what if you type in all the Network Settings manually, so all the number's match the one's that are on your pc? Also, make sure on the pc, you have "Enabled File Sharing".

hope this helps

I don't know, but it's probably due to that bullshit Xbox Live Experience update. Every time I turn on my Xbox, that thing takes a big shit right on my face. Many times have I gotten random errors while trying to download things and use that interface. It's about as flawed as an unwanted retarded child.

Good luck getting your stuff fixed!

I would recommend running a cable directly to your Xbox, that way you don't suffer from what I would call Wireless lag.

Alsop another option would be to get a wireless adapter for the Xbox itself, and I don't been the 100 dollar one from micro$oft, you can find guides online on how to use different ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    I don't know, but it's probably due to that bullshit Xbox Live Experience update. Every time I turn on my Xbox, that thing takes a big shit right on my face. Many times have I gotten random errors while trying to download things and use that interface. It's about as flawed as an unwanted retarded child.

Good luck getting your stuff fixed!
    NXE did fuck everything up!

Quote Originally Posted by Wegs View Post
    I've been having this problem for a while, and I need some help.

I'm unable to connect to Xbox Live. I have a wireless PC with a fast internet connection, which is connected to my Xbox 360 through an ethernet cable. The connection is password protected, which I think is the problem, but I'm not sure how to enter information like that into the Xbox. I've tried bridging the connections, but I get an error saying "To create a Network Bridge, you must select at least two LAN or High-Speed Internet connections that are not being used by Internet Connection Sharing." I use Windows Vista if that helps.

Help!
    What about this mate?

On Vista, click 'start' and then click 'connect to' on the right.
    Then click the link that says 'Open Network and Sharing center'
    then click the link on the left that says 'Manage network Connections'
    -=-
    On XP, go to 'Network Connections'.
    -=-
    From this step on, the instructions are the same for both XP and vista, just follow the steps below.
    ---------------------
    Highlight both your wireless and local area connection by dragging a box over them or holding ctrl and clicking on each one.
    Now Right click on one of the two highlighted connections and click the option that says 'Bridge Connections'.
    a few seconds later a new connection called 'network bridge will appear'
    Hook your Xbox 360 to the ethernet port on the laptop if you haven't already, and reboot the Xbox.
    Done.

You never have to make the connection again as it stays there until you delete it, and you don't have to enter an encryption key either.

I'd reccomend plugging your xbox straight into your router. If its half decent, it will have multiple (usually 4) Ethernet slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraman View Post
    What about this mate?

On Vista, click 'start' and then click 'connect to' on the right.
    Then click the link that says 'Open Network and Sharing center'
    then click the link on the left that says 'Manage network Connections'
    -=-
    On XP, go to 'Network Connections'.
    -=-
    From this step on, the instructions are the same for both XP and vista, just follow the steps below.
    ---------------------
    Highlight both your wireless and local area connection by dragging a box over them or holding ctrl and clicking on each one.
    Now Right click on one of the two highlighted connections and click the option that says 'Bridge Connections'.
    a few seconds later a new connection called 'network bridge will appear'
    Hook your Xbox 360 to the ethernet port on the laptop if you haven't already, and reboot the Xbox.
    Done.

You never have to make the connection again as it stays there until you delete it, and you don't have to enter an encryption key either.
    I can't. I said so in my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wegs View Post
    I've tried bridging the connections, but I get an error saying "To create a Network Bridge, you must select at least two LAN or High-Speed Internet connections that are not being used by Internet Connection Sharing."

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaker View Post
    I'd reccomend plugging your xbox straight into your router. If its half decent, it will have multiple (usually 4) Ethernet slots.
    The router is on the first floor, I'm on the third.

You left your Lag Switch on. (:

jkjk

umm, try just a direct connection, between your xbox and your modem, by an Ethernet cable.

Quote Originally Posted by mazman12 View Post
    umm, try just a direct connection, between your xbox and your modem, by an Ethernet cable.
    I don't have a cable long enough.