How to make an adult onesies with snaps in 20 minutes (With Photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've searched and haven't seen anyone post on how to make a onesie my way. I wanted to share how I make them. For three total, cost me $18 and took 20 minutes.

You will need to purchase snaps from a craft store (Walmart has a good set) and a size larger t-shirts. Will need a hammer and a hard surface like concrete.

Start with sorting out the snaps. You'll need three snaps per shirt.
View attachment 29264

View attachment 29265

Lay out your shirt. I usually use a hand width to start my first snap. I do this on both sides of the shirt and then place the third in the middle. Though, this won't be the same for everyone, be sure to not make it tight. leave room in the legs. You will probably do one as a practice to figure out if your tight or loose.

View attachment 29266

View attachment 29267

View attachment 29268

Once you have everything set, read the directions and hammer away.

View attachment 29269

View attachment 29270

View attachment 29271

View attachment 29271

View attachment 29272

View attachment 29273

A few tips... make sure you position the snaps on the sewing line that is at the bottom of the shirt. This will hold up the best. If you place any where else, they will tear up. My last set I made in January are holding up well. You will get some tears here and there but for $20, make a new set. Let me know what you think or if you make them!

Stay diapered my friends!

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone knows how to adjust those pictures, let me know.

I don't like the fit of the ABU diapersuit, as it has basically the same design with very low sides. While I'll agree this works, it doesn't seem to fit well at all. Maybe if you cut the sides up a bit so it had a "proper plunging crotch"? (though still lacks any elastic)

I made something like this just yesterday and it worked nicely. The only thing I did different was to sew a small strip of cloth to the back bottom of the shirt and I put half of the snap pieces on the edge of that. It doesn't look very babyish, but it works perfectly under clothes to hide that diaper riding up and peaking out at the world!

I tried doing exactly the same thing, but I had to get the snaps out of a real baby onesie and that was hard enough. It was so hard to get them on the shirt and they came out eventually. I'm sure if I bought some actual snaps, that they would work better. It would be so nice to come home, put a diaper on and wear my onesie. Thanks for the help!

This is awesome! Thank you

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back