Soundgarden's Chris Cornell R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommycombs

Est. Contributor
Dang it! We lost another one of our grunge rock pioneers. I was just listening to them yesterday too. If I believed in an afterlife I'd like to visualize him jamming with Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Scott Weiland.

It always sort of feels like a part of your youth dies when you lose familiar nostalgic entertainers.

I guess I'll go blast "Black Hole Sun" into my ears again.

R.I.P. Chris Cornell

ahhhh I KNOW

I am so bummed, I LOVE audioslave.

my mother and I dont often get to do things together, but we both had it on our bucket list to see him in concert

More saddened by this then roger ailes dying.

Maxx said:
A staple (not my choice, but inevitable) driving Junior and his middle school teammates to wrestling tournaments back in the day.

Sad. I hope Eddie Vedder can hang in there for a long time. This is too depressing.

- - - Updated - - -

I have yet to hear. I check Wikipedia once a day and sometimes check the recent deaths. That's where I found out but the article didn't say the cause.

Officially died of suicide by hanging

MommyandMattling said:
Officially died of suicide by hanging

Geez, that's even worse. He must have really been suffering. :(

I wasn't really familiar with him or Soundgarden for that matter. The rock station I listen to plays Soundgarden quite frequently and they are quite good, so it's unfortunate one of the members died.

Sounds like his wife is claiming his medication may have caused him to commit suicide, and he wasn't really the type that would want to hurt his family so that's sad. Condolences go out to his friends and family.

R.I.P. :-( I´m going to miss his voice. Sad circumstances.

DLC93 said:
I wasn't really familiar with him or Soundgarden for that matter. The rock station I listen to plays Soundgarden quite frequently and they are quite good, so it's unfortunate one of the members died.

Sounds like his wife is claiming his medication may have caused him to commit suicide, and he wasn't really the type that would want to hurt his family so that's sad. Condolences go out to his friends and family.

he was taking Ativan for anxiety, and... it's some extremely powerful stuff. It definitely can help you but even the slightest overdose can cause irrational thought to occur. I can believe it.

As a music director and graduate of Westminster Choir College, I have to say he had an amazing singing voice. He could do almost anything he wanted with it. He looked like he was happy during his last concert. One has to wonder if it was the medication he was taking. Sirius X m did a nice homage to him playing songs from his three groups.

So tragic when people feel alone. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back