Looking for a Good Pull Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble63

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'm planing to start using a pull up at night with the idea of getting up when needed, but having a pull up in place in case I miss or I'm too slow. I'm not all together sure I want to wear a tape on to bed, but having wet shorts isn't working either. Thanks in advance for your feed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northshore Supreme Pullup has been a great find for me. Holds three good wettings and fits like a glove

the best pull ive found is the always descreet there made for women but im a male and have bought them many times plus theres a lot of coupons for them so there cheap to buy they hold a ton there great for all night protection

Depends on how heavy or light you wet. I like Tena pull-ups for heavier wetting and Always Discreet for lighter wettings.

It's not going to be more convient if it leaks... also I'd advise seeing if you can even get comfortable after weting when sleeping (its not as easy as it sounds especially if it leaks all over the sheets as even the absorbent pull on ones tend to do unless you are one of the rare perfect figure for pullup individuals. It might be easier and more comfortable to consider a porta commode.

Last edited:
Well, considering your "intent" is to not use them at all, a pulkup probably is a good bet for you.

I've heard northsore's pullup is about the best out there, and actually works for light incontinence and dribbling. Though I'm a heavy wetter and haven't tried them myself.

Just like others have said, if you intend to wear for just in case, then it should be good. This depends on your accident output. If you sometimes don't wake up, a pull up might not be a logical solution. How much do you void when you do have an accident? What type of incontinence do you have?

Pull ups have no side protection. The waterproof lining is minimal. You need to come to a conclusion about protection vs convenience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My reasons for wearing are urinary. At night, I typically get up 5 or 6 times and as many as 8 to pee. I always wake up to go and am able to get to the bathroom fine. The problem is between the time I get the signal and the time I get to the toilet. My flow just starts so quickly that I end up wetting myself some between the bed and the toilet. Times this by 5 or 6 and by morning I have wet shorts.

I've tried sleeping in a tape on brief, but this didn't work well and I feel like I'm better off to get up and go to the toilet since I wake up anyway. The idea of the pull up is to catch what happens between bed and the bathroom. After trying to sleep in a ConfiDry, I have no illusions of a pull up working to catch much more than the leaks.

I've tried the Tena Women's underwear and they were ok. The Always is a good idea. I also tried north shore go supreme, but found them to be uncomfortable. Before making this post, I was back and forth between tranquility overnight and Tena unisex pull ups. I finally ordered Tranquility pull ups so I shall see

trouble63 said:
My reasons for wearing are urinary. At night, I typically get up 5 or 6 times and as many as 8 to pee. I always wake up to go and am able to get to the bathroom fine. The problem is between the time I get the signal and the time I get to the toilet. My flow just starts so quickly that I end up wetting myself some between the bed and the toilet. Times this by 5 or 6 and by morning I have wet shorts.

I've tried sleeping in a tape on brief, but this didn't work well and I feel like I'm better off to get up and go to the toilet since I wake up anyway. The idea of the pull up is to catch what happens between bed and the bathroom. After trying to sleep in a ConfiDry, I have no illusions of a pull up working to catch much more than the leaks.

I've tried the Tena Women's underwear and they were ok. The Always is a good idea. I also tried north shore go supreme, but found them to be uncomfortable. Before making this post, I was back and forth between tranquility overnight and Tena unisex pull ups. I finally ordered Tranquility pull ups so I shall see

Trust me, you are NOT better off gettng up to go to go to the tiolet that often. You are better off actually getting 8+ hours of sleep.

Slomo said:
Trust me, you are NOT better off gettng up to go to go to the tiolet that often. You are better off actually getting 8+ hours of sleep.

I understand what you're saying, but I wake up anyway. I would love to be able to sleep straight through, but it doesn't work that way for me. I could avoid getting up if I could use a ConfiDry without waking up when I need to go and could be sure it wouldn't leak, but I can't seem to get there.

If the pull up doesn't work satisfactorily, I'm thinking about going bk to a tape on brief w a booster pad and using plastic sheets. If I do go that route I understand that, over time, I may be able to just go in the diaper w/o waking up. I've herd of using hypnosis or a catheter to get past the waking up part, so I may end up giving that a try.

Thanks so much everyone for you thoughtful responses. It's why I'm here.

I also find Always Discreet comfortable and reliable.

trouble63 said:

Have you tried a porta john? you could keep it by the bed and then empty it in the morning, 10 bucks at rite aid, seems easier then having to deal with the pullup

https://www.riteaid.com/shop/carex-male-urinal-0248906-0327178

Have you gone to a doctor for this issue? All types of incontinence can be caused by something more serious, underlining conditions such as infections and prostate issues.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Have you gone to a doctor for this issue? All types of incontinence can be caused by something more serious, underlining conditions such as infections and prostate issues.

I have regularly scheduled appointments w a urologist every 4 months. So all that stuff gets looked at.

rennecfox said:
Have you tried a porta john? you could keep it by the bed and then empty it in the morning, 10 bucks at rite aid, seems easier then having to deal with the pullup

https://www.riteaid.com/shop/carex-male-urinal-0248906-0327178

Thanks for the suggestion, but the bathroom is only about 10 steps from my bed. It's that tendency to leak which bothers me. Also, l like the idea of using a pull up. I just don't have much experience with them and I'm looking for one which has a comfortable fit and can absorb an accident.

Allright I get ya, was making the suggestion because personally I've had them (pullups) fail on me too often, I wish you luck finding a good fit because thats absolutely necessary for pullups to work

It seems they haven't really done much to treat it? Perhaps training yourself to wet in your sleep is a better option for sleep's sake. I have issues sleeping myself, waking up a few times a night without bathroom problems. I never seem to be refreshed after sleep and feel zombied throughout the day. Going to sleep is another issue lol.

You could use a cloth nappy and plastic pants as a pullup and just pee over the top of it if you get up.

I admit cloth nappies are a bit of a pain - but at least you know they'll protect you if you need them.

Five or six times a night is a lot - and as for eight... I think I'd probably just give up if it was me and pee in a nappy - but I appreciate there are downsides.

Osito.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
It seems they haven't really done much to treat it? Perhaps training yourself to wet in your sleep is a better option for sleep's sake. I have issues sleeping myself, waking up a few times a night without bathroom problems. I never seem to be refreshed after sleep and feel zombied throughout the day. Going to sleep is another issue lol.

I tell them about it. I've been offered a script, but our insurance wouldn't cover. They wanted me to take some other shit that has a number of side effects I didn't want to deal with. The dr also suggested trying one of the herbal remedies, but I just don't have much faith in that. Right now I'll be happy w somthing comfortable that catches the leaks. Meanwhile, training myself to wet in my sleep and just use a tape on as I do during the day is an appealing option.

You wear during the day but try not to during the night? Is the frequency that bad?

Health care costs are ridiculous, and always will be, which is why some never go to hospitals. Extra expenses each month are strangling everyone. Health insurance is a joke/scam and believe it shouldn't be enforced. Spend money on something ill never use. Insurance companies never do their pay it seems and leaves you with the lowest possible standards of medical care.

I've heard about the bad side effects of urinary drugs. Doctors end up putting you on 10 medications to counteract an ingredient or something else, and you're basically end up paying $100s per month on drugs and ect.

What ever path you choose, I hope it works favorably for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back