Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I need to dispose of my diapers so I put them in public bins on street corners, won't they eventually catch on and come looking for me?

I put them in trash bags and put them in.

I don't want to put them in my bin as I'm not sure if my dad sifts through the rubbish to check we have recycled or not

Angelic said:
I need to dispose of my diapers so I put them in public bins on street corners, won't they eventually catch on and come looking for me?

I put them in trash bags and put them in.

I don't want to put them in my bin as I'm not sure if my dad sifts through the rubbish to check we have recycled or not

I do HOPE the police have better things to do with their time, to be honest....

Honestly, if it's done up tight in a plastic bag and isn't too big in proportion to the bin I doubt anyone is going to care or even notice. How much volume of diaper waste are you generating in one week? One plastic shopping bag's worth? Two? If so I don't think you're in danger of being done for fly tipping or anything like that. Possibly an issue if those nappies are messy, due to the smell and chance of having the bags ripped by pests?

OMG though, disposable nappy rubbish related paranoia - leading cause of heart attacks amongst ABDLs, right?

Thanks for that msclara, but I'm throwing away a bin bag of wet nappies every 2 days, though I alternate between different bins. Plus I'm 24/7 due to incontience and comfort reasons

- - - Updated - - -

The bags have usually 8-10 nappies, size 6s which I modify to fit

Angelic said:
Thanks for that msclara, but I'm throwing away a bin bag of wet nappies every 2 days, though I alternate between different bins. Plus I'm 24/7 due to incontience and comfort reasons

Yeah I just saw your thread on Nappy training....

I wasn't sure from that thread, are you actually incontinent? is this a long term health issue or from choice? If you're not trained into incontinence yet then it might be a good idea to put that plan on hold until you have more independent living space where you can put out trash more discreetly... if it's due to a health issue perhaps you should give thought to telling your dad? (Idk what your relationship is)

I see you're in the UK, so probably your local council will have some info on waste disposal sites and what is accepted where.

I used to do that when my incontinence started. The council wheelie bin is only emptied once every two weeks and it wasn't big enough so I was having to dump half of them in street bins. So I complained to the council and they gave me a second bin.

No-one ever came hunting after me though. A bagged used nappy is no worse than a bagged pile of dog poop.

I put all mine in other containers, food bags or if none available in grocery bags assuming that I have somewhat of a full main trash bag to hide it in with whatever else is in there.

Actually, taking your garbage to a public recepticle is illegal. In many states in the US it's the equivalent of littering. Those containers are for single items that you happen to have to dispose at that location. Whether they will care about a single diaper or if it's traceable doesn't change the fact that it's wrong and illegal.

No, no one would come looking for you, the bins get emptied everyday and smells wouldn't arise, you have nothing to worry about. Also if you want to dispose at home, use opaque bin liners or double bag so it's hard to see if your dad does go through the bins.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I dispose of mine in public trash cans along a scenic highway near where I live. There are plenty of tourists stopping to look at the scenery and disposing of baby diapers in those cans, so I figure my few here and there won't cause any issue.

willnotwill said:
Actually, taking your garbage to a public recepticle is illegal. In many states in the US it's the equivalent of littering. Those containers are for single items that you happen to have to dispose at that location. Whether they will care about a single diaper or if it's traceable doesn't change the fact that it's wrong and illegal.

I've never heard of this, not that I would put garbage bags full of trash in public trash cans.

Thank you OP and others for actually putting your used diapers in baggies, instead of laying them in parking lots and other places like some parents do.

Here i n the UK it's not illegal, also I assume in the US it's only illegal in like small bins on the pavements (sidewalks) if it's a large amount, right?

It's perfectly legal to throw trash away in any garbage bin. What is illegal is if you start using it as your own trash bin.
People use my houses bin all the time, not much can be done about it. Rather that then it ending up with all the other trash floating around in this city, including baby diapers dumped out of cars.

willnotwill said:
Actually, taking your garbage to a public recepticle is illegal. In many states in the US it's the equivalent of littering. Those containers are for single items that you happen to have to dispose at that location.

I think it's the same in the UK. It's illegal to dispose of "domestic waste" in public litter bins.

I don't think anyone would care about the occasional single diaper, but... it costs a lot to pick up waste from litter bins. They're intended for small things like food wrappers, etc.

Does the 12 month diaper thing really work to un-potty train your self?,
I went 24/7 in 2000 and been off and on before that going back to when I was 14 and I for me nothing has really changed.
not that I want total loss of control now, but back then I did but nothing worked so I gave up and went back to my normal routine

MsClara said:
OMG though, disposable nappy rubbish related paranoia - leading cause of heart attacks amongst ABDLs, right?

It certainly is for me! That's why I take mine out to my apartment complex dumpster every time I change; I can't risk my sister finding my used diapers in my bathroom or the kitchen trash.

I used to use a small airtight case(only enough room for 1 diaper) and throw it away at a gas station on my way to class...granted I wasn't wearing 24/7.

That legal?

SleepyTyrant said:
I used to use a small airtight case(only enough room for 1 diaper) and throw it away at a gas station on my way to class...granted I wasn't wearing 24/7.

If you wanted an analogy... the gas station offering a trash can for public use is a bit like the grocery store setting out a tray of free samples. Is it legal to take one? sure. Will they get grumpy if you stand there and chow down? probably. How about if you just come into the store, eat a few samples, and walk right back out? possible, but unlikely. Do that every morning on your way to work? maybe someone will have a word with you.

They're offering something free, (the use of their privately owned garbage can, which they have to pay to empty) in this case it's probably considered "free for paying customers", so long as it's not abused.

Good point. And being a taxed citizen in his city, he actually IS paying to use that public trash bin.

Now like you mentioned, if he were to start throwing out his diapers every day, or multiple diapers too, then that could potentially become an issue. But enough of an issue to get police involved, for using a public trash to throw out trash, hardly.

Slomo said:
Good point. And being a taxed citizen in his city, he actually IS paying to use that public trash bin.
So, that doesn't mean he can dump his household trash there. I paid for city hall as well, but I can't set up my own office there.

It's all a matter of how much people want to press things. We had a guy arrested here because they found some of his mail in a trash receptacle at a bush shelter. They argued he was throwing out his household trash there. He said he was just storting his mail while waiting for the bus. Don't know how that got resolved.

Deciding to do something illegal just because you feel you won't get caught isn't exactly moral.

I'm switching to using a plastic bag with a few diapers in each bin which will hardly fills up the bin instead of a bin liner of diapers so people hardly notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back