Going back

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamila

Banned
If so many of you can do it - I can too

So I’ve gone back to being a child today

No more adult television, current affairs, and the news…

that causes me worry and stress.

No more wearing adult clothes at home…

when a pair of frilly socks, a diaper, and a pink top will do.

No more following politics and surfing the Net…

when colouring books and a train set will reduce my stress instead.

I’m sorry mummy but I can’t play the adult game

So I’ve gone back to being a child today

jami ('little')

getting started

I've just ordered a kids play rug for my living room floor to watch TV and play with my toys on, and there are now just two channels on my TV: ABC for Kids and a pre-teen channel. Now I'm going out to buy some colouring-in books and kids toys to get me started on my new life as a child.

Attachments

• play rug.jpg
    play rug.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 38
I'd like an entire "little" day. This week has become way too busy. Sometimes I go "little" on Saturdays.

dogboy said:
I'd like an entire "little" day. This week has become way too busy. Sometimes I go "little" on Saturdays.

Given how difficult living in an adult world is for us 'special' people I think we should all have at least one full little day every week. I hope you manage to get one soon dogboy

Congrats jamila, I've also done the same, my bedroom is entirely little, I wear 24/7 and I stopped watching soaps, the news and only watch things suitable for children now

Thanks Angelic. (EDIT: please forgive me for spelling your name wrong) I feel so much better already having made the decision to give up and go 'little' permanently when I'm home which is most of the time. later tonight I'm going to delete all of the adult bookmarks on my iMac and just have child and ABDL appropriate, and shopping sites bookmarked. I'm in the process of converting to 24/7 which I usually am for wetting but now I'm just going to give in and try to make my toilet redundant. I don't know how I will go with that because I hate the cleanups and doing that every day would be tough (a good reason to eat much less though) I've started throwing out the adult stuff in the house that isn't essential and by the end of the week the bedroom will have nothing adult in it so I can start converting it to a child's room. I bought pink flannelette sheets for the bed today and I'm looking for a cute purple kids Doona cover tomorrow. I'm putting a mobile over the bed so that when I wake up in the morning and have my first bottle of the day I can look at that while I drink my milk.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it's 7PM here and there are no more kids shows on the TV so that is my TV watching over for the day. I will do my Dress Up Doll Kit and do some colouring-in until bedtime which I think had better become 8 PM. No more sleeping in now it's Winter down under!?

Wow, my life is really going to change living as a child... I'm really excited too. I think I had better buy some Lego sets tomorrow.

Last edited:
Good luck jamila, hope the joy of being a child is there every day.

Btw, you shouldn't eat less just to suit ABDL, that way it would be unhealthy. Just eat what you would normally. You can always get bigger diapers and clothes if you need to but also don't overeat or just eat baby food

I don't regress, but still had to get rid of watching live tv and following politics. It's all just too sensationalized for ratings. Getting rid of that calms littles and adults alike.

I don't watch the news anymore. My therapist asked me why I did if it bothers me so much. I told him that's just what adults do. I never really thought about why, other than to stay informed but nowadays it is mostly (as stated) sensationalized stuff. It used to be they'd report on dramatic stories. Now everybody has cameras so we're seeing more dramatic footage. I don't need extra drama in my life. I'm good at finding plenty of it.

I have tomorrow off so I can have a little day and play with my toys and drink from a bottle. My boyfriend gets me sippy cups because I can't drink from a regular cup because I can't grip good. I'm home from work now and bought new toys and bottles. :)

The Washington Post, something adult I do read, had an article on "adulting", something millennials talk about in reference to not doing adult things. The emphasis of the article was that millennials were refusing to grow up such as living with their parents into their thirties, not buying a lot of things, putting an emphasis on having fun rather than investing, etc. Of course, this probably referred to more educated and upwardly more mobile millennials. Naturally it made me wonder if the younger generation would be more given to being and feeling "little". Obviously, I can't blame them.

I like the idea jamila of getting rid of unnecessary "adult" things. My wife and I have been trying to do that, but we haven't been trying hard enough.

I first learned to ride a bike when I was six years old and I kept riding all through high school and as an adult. Now, getting out on my bike is one of the things I love doing, and it can take me back to when I was six. My mom turned me loose and let me go everywhere on my bike. I now ride on our bike trail which is like riding through the woods and over a creek. It comes close to being a kid again and it's wonderful.

Angelic said:
Good luck jamila, hope the joy of being a child is there every day. Btw, you shouldn't eat less just to suit ABDL, that way it would be unhealthy. Just eat what you would normally. You can always get bigger diapers and clothes if you need to but also don't overeat or just eat baby food

Thanks Angelic and don't worry because I NEVER under-eat, I eat very healthy, and I have no interest in even trying baby food. Yuck!

Slomo said:
I don't regress, but still had to get rid of watching live tv and following politics. It's all just too sensationalized for ratings. Getting rid of that calms littles and adults alike.

I'm not regressing either Slomo but I am having as little to do with the adult world as I can and still function in the world. My problem was because I'm retired and don't have much to do I was spending most of my time watching the news and current affairs which is a recipe for depression. You are right about the sensationalising and that was worrying me as much as all of the bad news was. And now that 'fake news' has become the new drama?

Tommycombs said:
I don't watch the news anymore. My therapist asked me why I did if it bothers me so much. I told him that's just what adults do. I never really thought about why, other than to stay informed but nowadays it is mostly (as stated) sensationalized stuff. It used to be they'd report on dramatic stories. Now everybody has cameras so we're seeing more dramatic footage. I don't need extra drama in my life. I'm good at finding plenty of it.

That was almost the exact same conversation that I had with my GP yesterday Tommycombs. My doc is really worried about my depression and when I told him that I was giving up on the adult world and going back to being a child he was rapt! It was as if he would never suggest that to a patient but was glad that I told him I was. "Yes, do that." he said excitedly much to my surprise. As for drama queen jamila's capacity to make buying two bread rolls for lunch today seem like Sophie's Choice! Easy peasy for me.

PamperedGoddess said:
I have tomorrow off so I can have a little day and play with my toys and drink from a bottle. My boyfriend gets me sippy cups because I can't drink from a regular cup because I can't grip good. I'm home from work now and bought new toys and bottles. :)

Great! have a happy 'little day' PamperedGoddess (which I wish I was too) Your boyfriend sounds like a great help to you. I have been using the Phillips AVENT for years, but because I'm extending my 'little days' to little weeks/months/years (I hope) I picked up a Tommy Tippee Closer to Nature bottle and fast flow teats. It's a good bottle and I really like the teat but the fast flow teats aren't as fast as the AVENT and I had to open the hole up with a hot needle and it's a good bottle. Remembering that Kimba mentioned recently that she tried having coffee from her bottle for the first time and I have never tried that I just did and the Closer to Nature teat worked superbly. That will a great bottle for warm liquids using the regular teat.

dogboy said:
The Washington Post, something adult I do read, had an article on "adulting", something millennials talk about in reference to not doing adult things. .. it made me wonder if the younger generation would be more given to being and feeling "little". Obviously, I can't blame them.

We can only hope so dogboy and I think that would be a good thing to. More 'littles' in the world certainly couldn't make things any worse anyway.

I like the idea jamila of getting rid of unnecessary "adult" things. My wife and I have been trying to do that, but we haven't been trying hard enough.

I have always gone through 'clean out' phases because it always makes me feel good to lighten my possession load. I always do it if I'm really depressed and feel like giving up and it helps a lot. Besides, the less adult reminders I have vs kid things should be a good thing.

I first learned to ride a bike when I was six years old... I now ride on our bike trail which is like riding through the woods and over a creek. It comes close to being a kid again and it's wonderful.

Good for you. I don't have anything like that to remind me of when I was a kid which, by the way, I can barely remember much before being 11 when puberty hit and I entered a whole new phase of frustration, confusion, and, oh god, sexuality.

Take care everyone and thanks for stopping by.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back