Status
Not open for further replies.

PamperedGoddess

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I wasn't feeling good today but went to work anyway and while I was restocking shelves I had this huge bout of diarrhea. It leaked out my diaper and ran down my leg. People at work took notice and my boss called me in his office and he said I could go home early. Oh my gosh I was so embarrassed. My caretaker had to come and get me. Now I'm worried about going back.

Hey - that's terrible

Do your co-workers already know your situation ( if so there's no shame in returning)

What's the worst that can happen if you go back ( don't dwell on this as it won't actually happen it's just your mind creating worst case )

As IC people we have accidents - I know it's hard but it's part of our life - try not to let your PST rule too e future - it happened - try to love forwards

Hugs anyway

SiriusPup said:
Hey - that's terrible

Do your co-workers already know your situation ( if so there's no shame in returning)

What's the worst that can happen if you go back ( don't dwell on this as it won't actually happen it's just your mind creating worst case )

As IC people we have accidents - I know it's hard but it's part of our life - try not to let your PST rule too e future - it happened - try to love forwards

Hugs anyway
Thanks. And no. None of them knew about my situation which makes it worse. But I won't let it spoil my job. I'll go back with confidence and leave the incident behind. Thanks again. :)

I had a diarrhea blow out once. Fortunately, it wasn't at work, but I was out at the mall. I hustled home as I figured having runny poop down my trousers wasn't something I could fix in any other way. My wife realized what happened as soon as I walked through the door. I'm hoping nobody else noticed or cared.

These types of accidents also happen occasionally to those of us that are not IC so I suggest just going back to work and if asked just say you weren't feeling well and that should be it.

Situations like dirty diapers call for change, don't let it drag you down, move forward knowing Tommorow is a new day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My gf has this problem we just handle it.
She can have a blow out any time me being caring helps her a lot.
It's a part of her life.
Use the best products you can afford plus a good pul diaper cover can do wonders to help keep things where they should stay.

When I first started to experience severe bowel urgency (after a long ago surgery), all my BM'as were loose and runny. I hated it. On top of being extremely uncomfortable it also was a very difficult change ( never even considered trying to do a public change) and caused numerous blow outs and soiled clothing. Until I found adequate protection these types of accidents were almost commonplace. Seriously, I just wanted to die. It didn't take long before I started using better protection (which has evolved over the last 2 decades) and began, under the advise of my physician, using a bulk producing fiber supplement (Metamucil) and watching my diet closely. My current protection includes a Confi-dry 24/7 with booster and plastic pants. I also use Nullo deoderant tablets and Desitin ointment for skin protection. The additional fiber has firmed up my BM's so I'm no longer suffering constant loose stool. It does increase frequency and volume but I'll take the trade off. If i'm going to be out all or most of the day, I'll run a pinwheel over the disposable's plastic shell and use a cloth pull-up diaper over the inner diaper which in effect becomes a diaper "liner" for my cloth diaper. Benifits : greater capacity, peace of mind and a complete reduction of soiled clothing (especially with multiple BM's of much larger volume). It is a lot of diaper but after 20 plus years I'm an expert at remaining stealth. If somebody does happen to notice they rarely mention it and to be honest, I couldn't care less at this point. I'm bowel IC and I own it. Stay strong and if the consistancy of your BM's are often in the diareah range, consider using a fiber supplement and up-graging your protection.

What diaper are you normally using? Loke jack said, you might need something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back