Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caregivers , working and diapers

I thought I had recognized the uniform just not the furry guy in it. I think I have that movie on VHS, DVD and Laser Disc

I have a associates degree in electronics and did work as an engineer for a bit just with out the extra pay but when that company let me go in 2005, then in 2006 my neighbors mobile home went up in flames and took mine with it, Thank god I had insurance, I used that money to buy the trailer I am in now.
    I just have not found squat since, I ended up blowing though all my savings then got back on SSDI but yeah the ticket to work and all that other jazz is just some one blowing smoke up my butt. I can't complain about the SSD, since I have had some work history my benefit is higher as it was based on my past income, I know people that don't get half of what I get and I think that is totally unfair, it makes harder and harder for people trying to get started, but that said I don't get any aid from the state, so no dental or other aid so I pay much more for medical expenses like diapers and dental bills

Quote Originally Posted by DracoAmericanus View Post
    I thought I had recognized the uniform just not the furry guy in it. I think I have that movie on VHS, DVD and Laser Disc

I have a associates degree in electronics and did work as an engineer for a bit just with out the extra pay but when that company let me go in 2005, then in 2006 my neighbors mobile home went up in flames and took mine with it, Thank god I had insurance, I used that money to buy the trailer I am in now.
    I just have not found squat since, I ended up blowing though all my savings then got back on SSDI but yeah the ticket to work and all that other jazz is just some one blowing smoke up my butt. I can't complain about the SSD, since I have had some work history my benefit is higher as it was based on my past income, I know people that don't get half of what I get and I think that is totally unfair, it makes harder and harder for people trying to get started, but that said I don't get any aid from the state, so no dental or other aid so I pay much more for medical expenses like diapers and dental bills
    They give state payments here to anyone who will have to be reported as living in poverty otherwise , my girlfriend got screwed out Medicare because she was one credit short of the number needed to qualify , I figured out that she got denied based on what s credit was worth when she filed which was about $270 , her state payjent is $22.10 so that they don't have to say she is living in poverty , which is odd because half of the people in the county live under the poverty line,so without the manipulated numbers caused by those payments I bet 95% would be under.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I am on SSD and I chose to get on Medicaid. It's hard, but I make it work because I have to. With out in home care I would be screwed

I get CSSD & CSSDI Medicaid is automatic ,Medicare is primary what ever they don't cover is paid for by Medicaid.

I get 49 hours of hours of homecare a week , i used to get 80 but due to budget cuts ,basiclay around here if you need more then 63 hours they force you to make due with that or put you into a nursing home .my G/f is at 63 now has no ability to transfer independently and has to split her hours into morning and evening so she can be stuck in a used diaper for as long as 6 hours before getting changed.
    Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk