"Little" TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love watching some of the programmes that were on when I was little -- Bod, The Magic Roundabout, Mr. Ben, Button Moon, Camberwick Green, Trumpton, Bagpuss, Fingermouse, Rainbow, etc.

The only modern-day programme I really got into was SamSam. It's French, but they made American and British dubbed versions. I saw it on British TV a few years ago, and I totally fell in love with it! I'd get up at 5 or 6am just to watch it! The theme music was also really fun with fast/rapped lyrics.

I've looked everywhere online, and I can only find the American-dubbed versions, which are fine, but it's funny hearing the characters speak in different accents... and the theme music is so dreary! Why would they even make two different theme tunes for the US/UK?! Even the Swedish version uses the US music with Swedish lyrics. :-/

Anyway, there are some interesting characters in the series... such as the Wettabeds (who make you wet the bed). They appear a few times (as general foes), but the first episode is dedicated to them:

[video=youtube;9ME4pw0I3Gw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ME4pw0I3Gw[/video]

Hi Caitianx,
yes i also followed supercar, fireball xl-5, stingray, thunderbirds and captain Scarlett, didn't think much of Joe 90 so stopped watching it and have never heard of terrahawks, i used to love the robot in fireball especially at the end with his mechanical "on our way home"

I also used to love things like voyage to the bottom of the sea and of course Dr Who and star trek from series 1 together with all the spin offs

Starrunner said:
Oh, wow! I'm not the only one here who remembers and loved Supercar, Stingray, and Thunderbirds. Supercar was the very first show that I remember watching on a small black and white television. Mike Mercury was my hero. And then came Batman with his really cool batmobile, and the Jupiter 2 in Lost and Space. It was a great time to be a kid.

Other old kid-vid I liked were:

The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
Underdog
Space Ghost and Dino boy
Birdman and the Galaxy Trio
The Herculoids
The Wacky Races
H. R. Puff'N'Stuff
Lidsville
Land of the Lost
The Bananna Splits

I highly recommend Sara and Duck (on Netflix). It's very calming to watch.
Also I love Kipper, Blues Clues, Moomins and Little Bear. Also Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, but sometimes it makes me cry.

I'm not that all into toddler shows that much. However, I do tend to watch Sesame Street, The Lion guard (because of good writing), and The Wiggles (some of their songs are goofy and make me giggle) occasionally.

I have also seen toddlers watch these other series including Loony Tunes, Spongebob Squarepants, Pokémon, and Power rangers (the monsters are either ridiculous or awesome). Note: I happen to enjoy the shows I just mentioned (except Pokémon, they messed up the anime and cannot turn back).

Most of my time is spent playing video games or watching adult shows.

Nick Jr. and PBS Kids have done me a treat—and even CBeebies!

I don't really watch a lot of kid shows. I'm more into Disney movies and stuff when I'm in little space. When I do it's usually shows that I watched as a kid or that were popular then (darkwing duck, looney tunes, spongebob, scooby doo, rugrats, pokemon, etc). I just really like them, but sometimes they make me feel small. The modern cartoons I watch (gravity falls, star vs the forces of evil, the loud house) don't usually make me feel little, I just like the shows for what they are. Gravity falls I think is especially clever and I love it for how weird it is. I don't watch star much, but I think it's really pretty and an interesting idea. The Loud House is just funny, my little cousin got me into it. The only modern show that makes me feel little usually is my little pony. But, I like it as much for the show itself as for the feeling it gives me.

Eureka's Castle, Special Delivery

Earlier this evening I watched "The Lion Guard".
Watching it made me feel good.
I also watch "My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic" when I can.

I love all animated cartoons, and I love the animated movies to like cars, flushed away.
I have also like watching teletubbies, but I wasn't big on Bernie the dinosaur

Well shows I like to watch in "Little" mode.

The Simpsons, Rugrats, Scooby Do, Spongebob, Thomas the tank engine, Pokemon, Loony Toons and baby loony toons. Pixar Movies, Home, and there is a few more that I can't think of right now.

I think my typical adult brain has a hard time with children's' entertainment. I find it usually irritating, but then again because of my Borderline Personality Disorder, most things get on my nerves after a while. I find myself yelling things at the characters. Dora the Explorer used to annoy me a lot! The way she takes forever to do a simple task is an example. But one that annoys me most is Super Why because he's supposedly a "super reader" yet he isn't even "average reader" as he stumbles on simple words. I know these programs are meant for actual small children and not designed to keep the attention of a guy in his forties.

That being said, there are exceptions. Shows that come off entertaining without being condescending. Mr. Rogers is a good example. Another one is actually a YouTube channel that I find adorable. MonkeyBoo is a channel hosted by a funny guy with a capuchin monkey and all of his videos are family friendly.

This evening right now I am watching "PJ Masks" for the 1st time.
I have already watched too much today about the "liar" in the White House in Washington, DC.

happilyderanged said:
I highly recommend Sara and Duck (on Netflix). It's very calming to watch.

OMG! I Looooove Sara and Duck! Quack!

caitianx said:
This evening right now I am watching "PJ Masks" for the 1st time.
I have already watched too much today about the "liar" in the White House in Washington, DC.

Ah, you mean Annoying Orange!

I watch them because I enjoy them too and help me relax so much. I like so much shows but my all time favorite has to be Elmo, Rugrats and Baby Looney Tunes. :p

this post helped me remember "David the Gnome," so now I'm going to watch it on youtube.

I'm a big fan of the shows I watched when I was a kid. Or a few Studio Gibli films.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back