Bed Pad for Night Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
As a side sleeper who is most comfortable pointing up cloth diapers work best for me. However, in recent months I’ve come to appreciate the odor control and convenience of disposables. I’m wondering. Is there any chance I could get the best of both by wearing a folded and taped in place disposable bed pad within a plastic pant?

WBxx said:
As a side sleeper who is most comfortable pointing up cloth diapers work best for me. However, in recent months I’ve come to appreciate the odor control and convenience of disposables. I’m wondering. Is there any chance I could get the best of both by wearing a folded and taped in place disposable bed pad within a plastic pant?

Not necessary. Betterdry and Crinklz both work one their own.

I've been using them for months now, as a side sleeper, well endowed and always pointing up, and being well hydrated. As a comparison, no other disposable diaper (including confidry) has worked for me overnight without leaking.

depends, if you fidget alot at night, no bed pad is going to help you.

rennecfox said:
depends, if you fidget alot at night, no bed pad is going to help you.

Well depends aren't going to help him either.

Bed pads have a very minimal capacity. They absorb nowhere near a diaper. Since they are so wide, they'll fold up several times in your crotch and you'll have a lot that won't get absorbed. I've actually tried this quite some time ago, it really didn't work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

we took 2 heavy Medline underpads and sewed them together to reach all the way across the bed. we also have made our own with minimal sewing skills

I very rarely have leaks at night, mainly because I use confi-dry 24/7 disposables. I run a pinwheel over the plastic backing and then use a pull-up cloth diaper (Kinns model 10700) with plastic pants. Unbelievable capacity and actually quite comfortable if not a little bulky. I also use a cloth bed pad with a water proof backing just in case. It is about 4' wide by 3'. Almost the width of my queen size bed. I don't think I've ever found it even damp in the morning. Wearing the cloth pull-up diaper and plastic pants over the disposable always keeps the bed and matress dry. A lot of diaper? Sure. But you get used to it and instead of washing all the bedding, you only have to wash a wet diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back