Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Today is Mother's Day

  1. #1

    Default Today is Mother's Day

    Today is Mother's Day in Canada. It is the first one since my mother passed away from cancer in December.

    She may be gone, but I can still honour her memory today. My mother was an artist who could easily have turned professional. But back in those days, she did what women were expected to do. She put her own talents and career aspirations on hold to stay home and raise four very active children.

    When I was learning to read, she painted the entire story of Pinnochio with oil paints and a beautiful calligraphy text. She read it to me every night before bed. We didn't know she still had the book packed away and it was given to me to hold onto after the funeral.

    My mother was always there for us at the end of each school day, and she always nurtured my sensitive side. She protected me as best she could from an abusive father and I probably could not have survived without her.

    After my father passed away, she took up her artistic talents and began painting again. She got involved in a number of charitable causes, including raising money for victims of domestic violence, water safety in third world countries, cancer research fundraisers, and starting a sewing class for young, single parents. She didn't just live her life, she lived it with passion.

    Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I miss you.

  2. #2

    Default

    Of course, today is Mother's Day in the United States as well. While I sometimes comment on the forums that I feel like my parents simply hold me back in life, I do need to give a shout-out to my mother for the stuff she does do for me, in addition to my recent discovery that she is accepting (or at the very least, tolerant) of my adult baby side.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner View Post
    Today is Mother's Day in Canada. It is the first one since my mother passed away from cancer in December.

    She may be gone, but I can still honour her memory today. My mother was an artist who could easily have turned professional. But back in those days, she did what women were expected to do. She put her own talents and career aspirations on hold to stay home and raise four very active children.

    When I was learning to read, she painted the entire story of Pinnochio with oil paints and a beautiful calligraphy text. She read it to me every night before bed. We didn't know she still had the book packed away and it was given to me to hold onto after the funeral.

    My mother was always there for us at the end of each school day, and she always nurtured my sensitive side. She protected me as best she could from an abusive father and I probably could not have survived without her.

    After my father passed away, she took up her artistic talents and began painting again. She got involved in a number of charitable causes, including raising money for victims of domestic violence, water safety in third world countries, cancer research fundraisers, and starting a sewing class for young, single parents. She didn't just live her life, she lived it with passion.

    Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I miss you.
    This moved me to tears. I'm so sorry for your loss.

  4. #4

    Default

    I have gone to reply twice to you Starrunner brother, I just couldn't, it has brought me to floods of tears aswell @ Sapphyre, I swear to god, my throat is hurting like crazy, it is so flipping hard to express feelings and emotions online, I just really swear I wish I could give you a big hug Starrunner, from the bottom of my heart and soul, god bless you and your Mom, this is so awful I cannot even explain, I just want you to please feel right now that I really am feeling so much for you, it's a cruel flipping world and I wish I could just be there right now Starrunner, bless your heart, what a lovely guy, this is just so heartbreaking, I solemnly promise you that your Mom is with you and will always be your guarding angel, I can't wait to be able to PM and talk to lovely people like you, I am so, so, deeply sorry with all of my heart, I and I know others will be here for you to talk to aswell.

    !

  5. #5

    Default

    I just wrote a massive reply but it said "post needs approving" or something, ????????

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MartinPeters View Post
    I just wrote a massive reply but it said "post needs approving" or something, ????????
    Did it have a link in it? Then it'll have to be approved, because you're not an Established Contributor yet.

  7. #7

    Default

    Starrunner brother I have tried to reply twice its just I was in tears and really didn't know what to say, I am just going to say what my heart says.

    I solemnly swear I wish I could show my feelings and ultimate sympathy to you, this is just so heartbreaking. I promise you that your Mom is always with you as your guarding angel, I am just so heartbroken, it is so hard to show feelings online but I really do promise you and I just really hope that you know I am feeling huge sympathy to you right now, I wish I could be there right now to show my respect.

    I just want you to know that I and I am certain that loads of others here are thinking of you and I will be someone for you to talk to, I wish I could PM.

    God bless your Mom and yourself, big hugs to you Starrunner

    !

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphyre View Post
    This moved me to tears. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Aww... me too. I miss my mum and dad so much. At least you get to keep your memories.

  9. #9

    Default

    Was my first without too, doesn't help it's a week between now and her birthdate


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #10

    Default

    Starrunner my friend, we share this kind of loss as my mom died of cancer when I was 29 year old. She came to live with us for the last few weeks of her life. She did get to hold our infant son in her arms, and she wouldn't put him down. I was glad I could share that with her. She was my adoptive mother and was the only mother I ever knew or loved. Eventually, life cheats us of the ones we love and are loved by. I dearly hope that one day we will be reunited. Who knows. We hold on to both hope, but especially, memories. The memories are always with us.

Similar Threads

  1. I've had it with my mother ...
    By LittleJess in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26-Nov-2016, 20:30
  2. Mother's Day
    By awife in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 25-May-2014, 03:29
  3. should i tell mother :/
    By rilo in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 27-Oct-2013, 18:27
  4. Me, gf and mother in law
    By FINbaby91 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-Aug-2013, 22:16
  5. Kids today are so disrespectful today, Why?
    By TheReject in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-Apr-2012, 14:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.