Thread: My Health

Default My Health

Well, I Don't know WTF Is wrong with me atm, I thought I had a cold / flu, but this is so odd.

Friday I had a runny nose all day, thought nothing of it, was fine other than the sore throat.

Last two days I've had a really bad fever, my joints hurt, I'm dizzy, no sore throat no runny nose, I'm sweaty as fuck despite it being like 9 degrees today.

I Just have this unbarely fever, took like 2 aspirins, I suspect this might be a flu, but it doesn't feel like a flu for me.

I seem to lack a lot of the symptoms of a flu, right now I've just got a fever without sore joints, just sweating for no reason, and feeling dizzy with chest pain.

Based on the symptoms you've described, I'm not sure what it could be, but I suspect a does of flu. Ordinarily I'd simply advise bed rest, fluid and the odd aspirin if you need them. If you haven't begun to pick up in a couple of days it might be worth consulting a pharmacist or your GP if you can get an appointment.

I dunno, but given how stressed you've been, I'd guess that your body is a bit exhausted and your immune system has taken a hit.

I don't know what to suggest, but definitely see a doctor just in case... and make sure you're eating a healthy diet with lots of fruit, vegetables, protein and complex carbohydrates... staying hydrated... and getting lots of rest.

Get well soon :-)

Yeah, I can relate.
    I've had a sinus infection for the longest time, now ear infection, lungs started. It usually inst this bad, but the stress of trying to pass this semester is literally killing me.
    Keeping insurance is a bit of a struggle too, which hasn't helped my sinus issues for the last 5 years.
    On antibiotics at the moment. Side effects are diarrhea, which I can confirm, mostly just runny stools. No problem, nice and padded, I can just let it go if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    Yeah, I can relate.
    I've had a sinus infection for the longest time, now ear infection, lungs started. It usually inst this bad, but the stress of trying to pass this semester is literally killing me.
    Keeping insurance is a bit of a struggle too, which hasn't helped my sinus issues for the last 5 years.
    On antibiotics at the moment. Side effects are diarrhea, which I can confirm, mostly just runny stools. No problem, nice and padded, I can just let it go if I need to.
    The flu does not always present itself in everyone with the same set of symptoms. And, the symptoms you do have can change as it worsens or gets better.

Honestly, it sounds like you have the flu to me. It's been a couple of days though, still sick?

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    The flu does not always present itself in everyone with the same set of symptoms. And, the symptoms you do have can change as it worsens or gets better.

Honestly, it sounds like you have the flu to me. It's been a couple of days though, still sick?
    It's been a couple of years, about 5. I haven't been able to get rid of the sinus infection, and now its migrated to my ears. Can't afford too many doctor visits per year, no $ for any last year.
    4 days on antibiotics now and no improvement, in fact its worse. I don't know what to do. My doctor visits never help.
    While my ears now hurt along with the persistent sinus pain, I feel better generally since I started taking them.