Bambino Magnifico

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinPeters

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Good morning all, I thought I would just give my review on Bambino Magnifico but if somebody has already wrote one up I do apologise.

Ok, after trying pretty much every brand except for Rearz and Dry 24/7, I am in shock, Bambino need to win an award for producing the (ok, in my opinion) worlds most comfiest nappy ever! I put one on around 11PM yesterday and immediately just had that thought "I think this is finally going to be a really decent nappy"

Anyway, I got snuggled up in bed extremely tired and dozing away I decided to wiggle which is something I always do to feel the nappy on me and the cosyness and comfyness, this is when I realised I had the perfect fit, it just felt so 100% proper.

But it isn't all about the fit which I am trying to explain how perfect these nappies are, they are just so soft and comfortable I could not believe it, I was expecting it to be comfy (because it's a nappy anyway) but I was over impressed and surprised at how soft these are!

Every single feature I look for in comfort is there for Magnificos for me, I think what really does it is the "hook and loop" Velcro type of taping system, unlike other nappies we all know they are plastic sides except from a few? The Velcro tapes wrapped round my waist made it even more comfy and allows it to stretch when you sleep on your side and move about etc. But the fantastic taping system is only just one out of many feelings of comfort I had wearing the Magnifico, another really big factor I noticed is how perfect they feel in the legs, the fit is perfect and completely sealed but it doesn't feel tight because of how Bambino have designed these, just perfection.

I only get to wear at night and I was moving around in bed last night constantly, sleeping on my side for hours, waking up, sleeping on other side, then on my stomach (I have bad problems sleeping due to anxiety) and eventually woke up this morning on my side and I am telling you, my Nappy had not moved a single inch, not at all after all my movements in bed which also really made me proud.

I didn't get chance to completely see how much it could hold but I flooded it once and had a normal wetting before bed and I am being honest again, I am certain that these will hold loads and loads, it was such a shame to have to take it off, could of got so much more out of it but sometime I will be able to test one properly and I just know that these will really be even more awesome of an experience for me when I do.

Ok I hope my wording is all ok I am having a hard time with so much on my mind lately so I apologise if my sentences etc appear confusing, but my conclusion is...

Brands I have worn are ABU (Space, Simple, Paws) - As you know from my other thread I really was disappointed in these and to be completely honest the Space nappy shell I just thought was the most uncomfortable nappy ever, aswell as the paws but the simple was better in my opinion. Ridiculous clumping even when dry.

Old Cuddlz all over print - These were ok but very prone to leaks

ABU Cushies V2 - I actually found these nice and comfy and the space etc are supposed to be better, no clumping tho which is why I preferred these.

Abena L4 - Great, nothing bad to say about these

My Diaper white - Was really impressed with these, really great fit etc.

Thank You Bambino for producing the best nappy I have ever worn.

I just tried my first one yesterday too, and I have to say I am equally impressed.

Love the thickness, love the comfort, LOVE the design. And the tapes are just so awesome. I can't believe how much they stretch, it makes it so comfy. And I always need to retape my nappies a few time to get the positioning right, so the velcro thing is just perfect. I hope the all-white version becomes available in the UK soon.

The only thing I'd like to see improved about them is that the tapes/stretch sides could have the print on them also.

Think I'll put one on now...

My fave nappies are now:
1. Bambino Magnifico
2. ABU SDKs
3. Fabine (original blue/pink/white design)

The Magnifico's and even more so, the Ultrastretch are my favorite adult diapers. I do wish for a third version with designs or pictures just on the landing strip. I really love velcro tabs over tape tabs.

I'm loving the Magnificos. I recently ordered some of the S/M size and am eagerly awaiting them. My last Magnificos were the L/XL, but they were slightly large on me, and I've since lost about 25 lbs, reducing my midsection to right about where it ought to be--for the first time in about 20 years! Many of my cloth diapers fit a lot better / more securely now, which has been great. If I have to stick with the L/XL Magnificos, though, I will. Ultimately, I hope these stretchy sides and Velcro tabs make it to other ABDL diapers. I'd be especially appreciative of a cloth-covered, single-tabbed variation, but I won't hold my breath.

For what it is worth, there is also a review of the Magnifico in the Diaper Reviews heading under the Articles section. Based on a little research here and at the Bambino diaper site, the Bianco Ultrastretch is the same diaper without the artwork and is for Magnifico lovers, without the artwork. There is no review of the Blanco under Diaper Reviews. Perhaps the diaper guru who does most of the reviews could review it?

blondiewoof said:
For what it is worth, there is also a review of the Magnifico in the Diaper Reviews heading under the Articles section. Based on a little research here and at the Bambino diaper site, the Bianco Ultrastretch is the same diaper without the artwork and is for Magnifico lovers, without the artwork. There is no review of the Blanco under Diaper Reviews. Perhaps the diaper guru who does most of the reviews could review it?

As you mentioned and I have also been lead to believe, the Bianco Ultra-Stretch is the same as the Magnifico without the artwork, so a separate review should be unnecessary.

I've been using both, they are indeed the same diapers minus the print, and yes I love wearing these, they are awesome, the stretch conforms to me so well, hope other companies look into this new type of diaper to lower the cost of these guys

pampers4U said:
I've been using both, they are indeed the same diapers minus the print, and yes I love wearing these, they are awesome, the stretch conforms to me so well, hope other companies look into this new type of diaper to lower the cost of these guys

The Tena Stretch Super is a similar concept cloth backed diaper with two fully stretchable overlapping wings. I just about finished a case.

Cottontail said:
I'd be especially appreciative of a cloth-covered, single-tabbed variation, but I won't hold my breath.

As it is, the velcro receiver material on the front panel has a very clothlike feel to it. (which I don't particularly care for but it's not a big deal

blondiewoof said:

Its good they see that people don't want prints on their briefs all the time, which makes it more useful to those out there with incontinence.

rennecfox said:
Its good they see that people don't want prints on their briefs all the time, which makes it more useful to those out there with incontinence.

It occurred to me just now that the only plain underwear I have are actually diapers. My "big boy" underwear is all boxer briefs in various colors and patterns. My diapers are half ABDL with designs, and half plain white.

So the question is, as a person with incontinence, it is the design themselves that make them less than ideal for you, or the fact that the designs tend to be fun and childish? Would you be interested in adult diapers with grown up designs on them, if such a thing existed?

Serif said:
It occurred to me just now that the only plain underwear I have are actually diapers. My "big boy" underwear is all boxer briefs in various colors and patterns. My diapers are half ABDL with designs, and half plain white.

So the question is, as a person with incontinence, it is the design themselves that make them less than ideal for you, or the fact that the designs tend to be fun and childish? Would you be interested in adult diapers with grown up designs on them, if such a thing existed?

I personally don't mind the designs but that said I have to wear my products when I'm working so I don't want something cute when I'm going about my work day as if I have to change, the awkwardness of wearing something looking childish is going to draw more attention to the product if someone is paying attention.

rennecfox said:
I personally don't mind the designs but that said I have to wear my products when I'm working so I don't want something cute when I'm going about my work day as if I have to change, the awkwardness of wearing something looking childish is going to draw more attention to the product if someone is paying attention.

Makes sense. I kind of wonder if the last few years of ABDL-themed diapers will lead to a more general production of patterned/themed/interestingly designed regular diapers. I like the idea of saying, "you're allowed to dress stylish, including your underwear, even if you wear diapers" rather than the sort of implied suggestion right now that anyone who wears diapers should be upset about it and want them to be as invisible as possible.

Serif said:
Makes sense. I kind of wonder if the last few years of ABDL-themed diapers will lead to a more general production of patterned/themed/interestingly designed regular diapers. I like the idea of saying, "you're allowed to dress stylish, including your underwear, even if you wear diapers" rather than the sort of implied suggestion right now that anyone who wears diapers should be upset about it and want them to be as invisible as possible.

I'd have no issues with something a little less generic like that line depends briefly tried to do with their underwear pre real fit, with cool color patterns that looked like stylish jockeys, saddly they were priced really expensively, not all that great for bowel incontinence and they probably wernt easy enough to produce cheaply so depends opted to go gray and blue (also wtf were they thinking making the shields gray, that shows more under tightey whiteys then the original color >>; ), much more boring.

Last edited:
Serif said:

No. Plain white for me.

Serif said:

I am incontinent, and no, prints don't make them less ideal for me. In fact, as long as the diaper works good I find prints to be even more appealing.

So far though, crinklz is the only diaper that seems to put functionality first and prints second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back