Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm personally a marvel fan boy. DC is good, but I enjoy the Marvel universe as a whole over DC. I'm in a rather dead area for comics. The closest shop is over an hour away. I'm mostly doing my comic shopping online.

I used to read Sonic the Hedgehog and My Little Pony comic books. But I lost interest in the Sonic ones and overall it was getting too expensive.

I read The Walking Dead and Lazarus, both from Image, but do so digitally. We used to represent Ken Penders! (Sonic...)

I really like Fantastic Four, Iron Man, but my all time favorite super heroes are the Power Pack.

I guess that makes me a Marvel fan.

I dunno though. I've enjoyed non-Marvel things. Wish more of them stuck around. Currently reading a lot of I Hate Fairyland from Image too.

I just got Secret Empire. I'm enjoying it

I was a big Marvel fan particularly X-Men for a long long time but lost interest at the end of Grant Morrisons run, tried again a few times but don't really understand it anymore with Xavier have supposedly been evil and then killed off and the Maximoff twins inhuman mutant muck around.

I occasionally enjoy Spider-Man but Spider-Woman has been my favourite right up until they made her pregnant which was a terrible read.

I also read Superman and Supergirl for years and even stuck through the poo 52 for over a year but just don't like all the persecution complex stuff.

Curently reading American Gods Shadow and a couple of others but no superhero stuff.

The comics ive collected over the years are, The Phantom, Judge Dredd, Commando comics and The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

starpup said:
The comics ive collected over the years are, The Phantom, Judge Dredd, Commando comics and The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

Garth Enniss Judge Dredd is one of my all time favourite reads, doesn't matter which story they were all excellent but I thoroughly enjoyed the Emerald Isle.

Also reading Warren Ellis's Injection but it's taking its time to get to the point so actually considering dropping my first ever Warren Ellis title.

So I just learned that the ''Super Genesis Wave'' of the Sonic comics a few years back was the result of lawsuits involving Ken Penders and Archie Comics and Sega, which ended up with mass changes needed in the story line to purge the characters he has created. I stopped reading them a little while after that I think.

Last edited:
i was long-time 2000 AD reader, starting with their first issue, but knocked it on the head sometime in the 90s when money was tight and i'd had enough of some of the new writers and artists.

also, from being a boy upto......let's get vague, there.... i was a on-off regular reader of those pocket-sized war-story books, of which i can't remember their name/genre. there used to be an exchange stall at the local market in the 90s and i was a regular, there.

i sound like such a dweeb.

Big fan of DC and Image Comics here. For a long time I lived and breathed everything Spawn. I used to be a Marvel Fanboy but I felt that in recent years their stories became less mature and over all too childish.

I used to buy the Doctor Who comics all the time, but I found I almost never read them. Since then, I stopped buying comics, for the most part. They were too significant of an investment for the amount of enjoyment I got out of them.

ManeWulf said:
I used to buy the Doctor Who comics all the time, but I found I almost never read them. Since then, I stopped buying comics, for the most part. They were too significant of an investment for the amount of enjoyment I got out of them.

I never read the last of the Sonic ones I got in the mail from my subscription. They're still wrapped up in the plastic.

I remember having one issue of the Sonic comic when I was little kid. I vaguely recall getting it at a pharmacy when I was about five. It was back before I could read; I think I just looked at the pictures a lot and the cover eventually got torn off before the whole thing got tossed.

A number of years ago now my dad bought several boxes of old comics, but for some reason all the covers are gone so they're pretty much worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back