Spring Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Spring is well underway and that means spring cleaning. This week is the bulk pickup week for trash and mommy decided that it would be a good opportunity for her little girl to declutter the playroom. We finished a little while ago and now my plushies and dollies are sitting out on the curb waiting for the garbage truck :sad: I do get to pick out a new toy for doing a good job cleaning but I have to be good and not try to get anything back from the pile.

34209602650_3528c9829c_z.jpg

Anyone else do any spring cleaning?

Awww. You could donate those toy to those that need toys or other littles.

My version of spring cleaning is not to buy any more things lol

BoredBoy said:
Awww. You could donate those toy to those that need toys or other littles.

My version of spring cleaning is not to buy any more things lol

hehe I admire your restraint. I can't help buying more stuff but then the playroom gets all cluttered up.

That's a waste. Why not donate it to Goodwill or Salvation Army or any charity?

Well the garbage man came. I was a good girl and didn't take anything. The garbage man was very nice he let me put the dollies and plush in the truck gently

I lost my Gus my first stuffie doing this. I still really miss him. I know I will never get him back.

Be really, really care full. When you give your stuffies up.

Remember that they are alive really. I I'm pretty sure mine are anyway as they always move around at night when I'm asleep. Fighting monsters from under the bed is a full-time stuffy job.
[/COLOR

I want Mickey Mouse!!!!! SAVE HIM!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

aww, all those poor souls. I'm pretty sad about this, especially if Mickey was in there.

siysiy said:

I lost my Gus my first stuffie doing this. I still really miss him. I know I will never get him back.

Be really, really care full. When you give your stuffies up.

Remember that they are alive really. I I'm pretty sure mine are anyway as they always move around at night when I'm asleep. Fighting monsters from under the bed is a full-time stuffy job.
[/COLOR

Yeah it is sad knowing I will never see those dollies again. I also felt bad for them seeing them go into the garbage truck. I put them in gently but the garbage man threw my diapers and other stinky garbage on top of them then the truck smushed everything together :eek: It must have been very scary for them I wanted to give them one last hug but it was too late the garbage truck gave them a hug of its own and they were gone. I hope they are at least able to stay together at the dump and keep each other company

I know we don't come here to be judged, but is this not a bit like "I just drove drunk or texted the whole way home"?

Yeah, getting rid of clutter is great. And (compliment) hard. Good for you for doing so.

It is never about the 'stuff' itself but more around the emotions around the stuff.

But tossing things out, that as others have said, could be donated or given away locally or online, isn't something to be proud of.

There is no such thing as 'toss it away'.

The stuff always ends up somewhere.

There is no 'away'.

I could never get rid of my plushies because they're sort of real to me. They each have their own plushanality and I play with them every night. Getting rid of them would affect me adversely, but I guess everyone experiences these things differently. I'm sort of an objects oriented person anyway. I collect antiques and things that interest me. Anyway, if it doesn't bother you, then it's okay. If it makes you sad, then it's not okay.

pd8615 said:
I know we don't come here to be judged, but is this not a bit like "I just drove drunk or texted the whole way home"?

Yeah, getting rid of clutter is great. And (compliment) hard. Good for you for doing so.

It is never about the 'stuff' itself but more around the emotions around the stuff.

But tossing things out, that as others have said, could be donated or given away locally or online, isn't something to be proud of.

There is no such thing as 'toss it away'.

The stuff always ends up somewhere.

There is no 'away'.

I will admit that it is wasteful but it is part of my little process. I like to go out and get new toys and dollies but when things get to messy I have to declutter. Could the be donated sure but the tossing part is part of the mommy / little aspect for us. Mommy likes making me go through and pick out my favorites and then get rid of the rest we use the trash because a similar thing happened to me when I was a kid so its part of my little space. Its a bit wasteful but so is using disposable diapers. in the end a few bags of dolls going to the landfill is a drop in the bucket.

Could the be donated sure but the tossing part is part of the mommy / little aspect for us. Mommy likes making me go through and pick out my favorites and then get rid of the rest we use the trash because a similar thing happened to me when I was a kid so its part of my little space. Its a bit wasteful but so is using disposable diapers. in the end a few bags of dolls going to the landfill is a drop in the bucket.[/QUOTE]

OK, that gives me more understanding given that it has a personal, childhood aspect.

I am in a condo with shared laundry so I often use disposable diapers.

Not my preference, but I don't want to subject others to my wet diapers in shared machines.

You have a valid point that there is inherent waste in my own choices.

pd8615 said:
Could the be donated sure but the tossing part is part of the mommy / little aspect for us. Mommy likes making me go through and pick out my favorites and then get rid of the rest we use the trash because a similar thing happened to me when I was a kid so its part of my little space. Its a bit wasteful but so is using disposable diapers. in the end a few bags of dolls going to the landfill is a drop in the bucket.

OK, that gives me more understanding given that it has a personal, childhood aspect.

I am in a condo with shared laundry so I often use disposable diapers.

Not my preference, but I don't want to subject others to my wet diapers in shared machines.

You have a valid point that there is inherent waste in my own choices.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there is a childhood trauma / play aspect to it all. Also from a wastefull standpoint the dolls are almost always used. I pick them up from garage sales or thrift stores and I do play with them until once or twice a year mommy says its time to do a decluttering so they are already getting a second life.

dogboy said:
I could never get rid of my plushies because they're sort of real to me. They each have their own plushanality and I play with them every night. Getting rid of them would affect me adversely, but I guess everyone experiences these things differently. I'm sort of an objects oriented person anyway. I collect antiques and things that interest me. Anyway, if it doesn't bother you, then it's okay. If it makes you sad, then it's not okay.

Yeah I did have a traumatic experience as a child with my dolls getting thrown away and its all rooted in that.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
According to this thread, OP has a fetish for toys in the trash: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/104739-Diaper-and-wetting-fetish/page2

Yeah I had an experience with my dolls going in the trash as a kid which sparked the whole thing. Reliving it is a fettish / aspect of my little persona.

My mom cleared out my closet when I was in JR high. After I left for school, she took all my dolls and plushies that were in my closet put them in garbage bags and took them to the curb for the garbage. It was one of the bulk pickup weeks so the truck was running late that day so I got home before the trash was collected to find 8 bags of my dolls and plushies as well as my toybox an old dollhouse and my old bike and Cozy coupe from the garage sitting on the curb for the trash men.

I went inside and confronted her about it She reminded me that I did not want them in my room anymore and that they had been in the closet for years. She got me the organizer for my shoes, socks makeup and other stuff for my closet that I had been begging her for but it wouldn't fit with the toybox and dolls all over it so she got them out. Since we have limited storage in the garage and attic she wasn't going to waste it on these. She had planned on surprising me thinking they would all be gone before I got home from school but of course the garbage had to be late that day. I said I was going to go get them but she refused. She asked me if I was planning to put them in my room and play with them again after all these years. I said no. Was I ever going to put them on a shelf in my room. I said of course not and she said well then they sound like they were just outgrown junk to me and junk belongs in the garbage not in my room.

Since mom wouldn't let me bring them back in I waited outside trying to find a way to sneak them back in. Of course with moms eyes on me and no idea where I was going to hide them I couldn't actually get them and less than an hour later the garbage men finally pulled onto our street. Our house is right near the end of the route I watched them do each house as they got closer getting a sick feeling as I could hear it crushing the trash .

When they pulled up I could see the truck must be almost full. The compactor barley made it back up the truck. I heard one of them say they hoped it all fit they didn't want to have to come back. I got my hopes up for a moment but the other guy said its all soft trash it will compact enough to cram it all in. I remember thinking those are my dollies not soft trash but to them and my mom they were just garbage. They put 4 of the bags in the back end to end then pushed the blade forward to flatten them then raised the blade back up and opened it to scoop them in. I could see all the crushed garbage and it was a warm day so it was very stinky. I could hear the plastic on the dolls crunching as they were pulled in. They did the next 4 bags the same way. When they did the second cycle I could see the bags of crushed dolls. The bags were totally destroyed so the dolls were basically loose. They soaked up all the garbage and were flattened. After they did the other 4 bags they dumped the regular trash from the cans and drove them into the dolls. Finally they opened the blade up and pt the cozy coupe, dollhouse and toybox on top of the pile of garbage then brought the blade down. They were half in half out so it cut them in half and it took 2 compaction cycles to scoop them up. I watched them do the final houses then as well before driving off to the dump.

It was a very brutal end to some of my favorite possessions from childhood. Mom did take pictures of my dolls so I at least have those to keep as memories.

Okay, I understand now and it makes sense. We each come from our own unique backgrounds, especially as to our experiences growing up.

I could never throw away stuffed animals. It's like I have a connection to all of them like they're my friends and they're always there.

dogboy said:
I could never get rid of my plushies because they're sort of real to me.

Hence the popularity of The Velveteen Rabbit dogboy.

Getting rid of them would affect me adversely

I have had my two teddy bears (cutie1 and cutie 2) for thirty odd years and I have absolutely no idea what I will do with them when I have to 'get my affairs in order' assuming I get the opportunity to plan for my demise. I can't stand the thought of them being separated, but who will love them as much as I do? I want to be cremated but I can't stand the thought of 'my little ones burning' so I don't want to take them with me. Hey Moo... how about a 'free to a good home' forum so that our loved ones can be passed on to someone who is capable of loving their Velveteen Rabbit realness?

I'm sort of an objects oriented person anyway. I collect antiques and things that interest me.

I gave away my French carriage clock and lots more when I lost interest in collecting antiques dogboy but I could never give away or throw out my teddy bears like I did (gulp) my favourite doll (because grown men shouldn't have dolls I lied to myself one time when I was trying to be a 'normal')

I have come to my senses though and I'm going doll shopping soon.

"Don't buy anymore Barbies jamila." (cutie1)
"No cutie 1... I'm over Barbie now." (jamila)
"Did you have a fight with California Barbie cutie1." (cutie 2)
"No cutie 2" (cutie 1)
"liar, liar, pants on fire." (cutie 2)

Peeps worry about me because...?

Maybe your bears could be given to an orphanage after you die? I had a beat up, ragged teddy bear when my parents adopted me and I suspect it came from the adoption agency where I was staying. I also had a new teddy bear and I've guessed that either my adopting parents got it when they got me, or it was a gift. I still remember both of them.

That's a good idea. I can still see my first Teddy bear in my minds eye. My parents forced me to pass him on to my little sister and I was so angry! (he was pink which might explain why I love pink so much or is that because I'm a lifelong sissy?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back