Status
Not open for further replies.

ukabguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
hi ladies and gentleman got a question about being out in public which I have done a few times, for those that do what is the best way of changing and disposing of wet/messy diaper when in public space.

Thanks

Find the nearest bathroom and change in one of the stalls. If the handicapped stall is open, use it as the extra space makes changing and cleanup easier. IF there is a family restroom, then use that instead, they offer much more privacy and space for changing.

For disposal from in a stall, roll up the used diaper and take it in hand to the nearest trash. Rolling it up in itself will seal in any bad smells long enoug till the trash gets taken out, so no extra bags are necessary. If in a family room, do the same.

Don't worry about being found out, outed, or even confronted about it either. Some people might probably stare or do a double take, but most by far never say a thing or bat an eye. Any embarrassment you might feel about it is really just in your own head. The more often you do it, the less you'll feel that way.

Hi ukabguy, being from the UK, I know this all too well and change in public all the time. I just use any disabled toilet that happens to be around, but I do tend to use the same familiar ones where possible. Please be aware that some disabled toilets here in the UK have a lock on them called "RADAR", you can purchase one of these keys easily online with no questions asked. They can cost anything from £4.99 - £10.99 from various different sources. Just google "RADAR Key" and you should find it. As for disposing of your used nappies, 99.9% of disabled toilets have special bins in them that are actually for nappy disposal.

anna s said:
Please be aware that some disabled toilets here in the UK have a lock on them called "RADAR", you can purchase one of these keys easily online with no questions asked. They can cost anything from £4.99 - £10.99 from various different sources.

Just £1.70 with free postage on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/All-New-NK...UTF8&qid=1494526815&sr=8-1&keywords=radar+key

There are a few footpaths round here with gates padlocked with RADAR keys. I got one so I can take my bike through more easily than via the chicanes designed to stop mopeds/motorcycles.

Go in a stall, clean up, ball up the used diaper put it in a bag if you like, toss it in a trash can, nothing complicated.

Go to goggle plat store download the wheelmate app it will tell you almost anyplace you are the nearest facilities what the offer , has a list of the best ones and is upgradeable and UPdateable with new info as well as a personal favorites list . Once there I change myself in the handicapped stall ,most times i can just barely fit in there and get the door closed sometimes i cant get the door closed which is annoying , once changed i carry grocery bags roll the diaper up and put in a bag and tie the handles and toss it in the trash if there is one , if not i throw it in my diaper bag and toss in a can elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

thanks for the replies with regards to the radar key do they work in all toilets or just some of them thanks again :)

- - - Updated - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back