Cloth Diaper Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuriousDLUK

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone! Been using regular disposables for a while now and was looking into maybe experimenting a bit with cloth.
Therefore my question is: What cloth diapers would anyone recommend? Would probably prefer an AIO due to ease of use but im open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance! :)

I wear pre-fold cloth, gauze, night weight and I really like them. You also would need some plastic pants, but there are a lot to chose from. Twill, cloth diapers and quite nice as well. I have all three, gauze, birdseye and twill.

dogboy said:
I wear pre-fold cloth, gauze, night weight and I really like them. You also would need some plastic pants, but there are a lot to chose from. Twill, cloth diapers and quite nice as well. I have all three, gauze, birdseye and twill.

Since you have tried all three materials, which holds the most and which is most comfortable?

AIOs would certainly be the most "disposable-esque". Like dogboy and LittleICme, I'm mostly into prefolds, though. My favorites are from Changing Times Diaper Co., but those from Adult Cloth Diaper (All Together Diaper Co.) and Baby Pants are also popular among cloth-wearing ABDLs. I'll stop short of recommending any of those to you simply because they do represent a drastic departure from the kind of diapers you're familiar with, and so you really do have to commit to an adventure to go there.

Another pin-on option that I really like are the bamboo stretch diapers from Sweet Iris Designs. These are flat diapers for babies, and would generally be folded to a much smaller size if being used on a baby/toddler. For adult use, just stack a couple of diapers and put them on as you would a prefold. The stretch material is pretty amazing, and very accommodating of larger adult bodies. Very comfortable, too. As with prefolds, these diapers require a separate waterproof cover.

I haven't tried AIOs on myself, but there are members here who do like them, in particular the Dependeco AIOs, which are available in a variety of ABDL prints. AIOs aren't going to be as absorbent and leak-proof as a more traditional cloth diaper (prefold, flat + plastic pants), however my wife and I did use AIOs on our kids when they were babies, and we found them to be ok. The bigger problem, as I see it, is that waterproof covers (of any kind) tend to wear out quite a bit faster than the absorbent part of the diaper. If the cover is separate from the diaper, you just toss it and get a new one. If the cover is part of the diaper, ... bummer.

That's a good question. Gauze is the softest and probably the most comfortable, but it also wears out the quickest with many washings. That said, it takes a couple years of washing them every week to see some fraying. Cottontail swears by Twill and I think that's the best cloth. I just haven't seen it for sale in small size, so I bought only one in medium size, which means I have to butterfly fold it, but it probably is the best material. It used to be that the Birdseye fabric was soft. It's the most durable, but the last one I bought was stiff and scratchy, so I stopped buying them.

As for which holds the most, it might be gauze because of the looser weave, but I think they're all close. I hope that helps. Cottontail is a good one to ask as well as he wears a lot of cloth.

LittleICme said:
AIO are not the most absorbant or practical.

I recently dealt with this same issue and I found what I like.

Birdseye flat or prefold (in your size or one size up. slightly larger is better than smaller)
Diaper pins
Gary Activeflex PUL pants
http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/PUL-Plastic-Pants/Active-Brief-PUL-Pant.html

http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/CLOTH-DIAPERS_2/Nighttime-Adult-Prefold-Diapers.html
In you opinion would you recconmend small or medium. Im a 34 waist.

I only wear cloth diapers. I have both gauze and Birdseye material and find that both are absorbent and get softer over time. Styles of diapers are a personal choice flat prefold or contour they are more expensive initially. Plastic pants are also necessary, these wear out because they tear and the elastic separates from the pants and must be replaced.

LittleICme said:
AIO are not the most absorbant or practical.

I recently dealt with this same issue and I found what I like.

Birdseye flat or prefold (in your size or one size up. slightly larger is better than smaller)
Diaper pins
Gary Activeflex PUL pants
http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/PUL-Plastic-Pants/Active-Brief-PUL-Pant.html

Been there as well, and I'd recommend this too. Also note, all in ones tend to fail much faster than having the cloth and diaper cover separate.

I really got to like the stretch bamboo flats from sweet iris design. I've never seen a diaper stretch as nice as these.
Better than old curity stretch diapers.They are a little costly but well worth it!

My main cloth diapers are Angelfluff, but i found kins to be awesome for 1 special reason at kind when you pay the up charge (at the time $5) to get an extra double soaker , Jenny ads it to the entire diaper wheras other places only add it to the center crotch section , this effectively doubles the absorbancy without adding bulk, they are beautifully made and super thirsty and thrifty because doubling the effective absorbancy of a contour cloth diaper can't be done with any other company so inexpensively and without really being bulky. Any place that is worth there salt and honest will tell you AIO diapers are the worst investment you can make, they outer waterproof barrier dies a horrible rapid death well drying the diaper, the only thing an AIO is useful is for emergency such as if you miss laundry day , or when sick and don't have the energy to diaper yourself properly, normally an AIO will self destruct within a year of routine use , but as a fallback emergency diaper they are great to have in the quiver as an option .

Additionally I have really gotten in to the Gary active pant , very light, very comfortable, and come in some nice colors.
I still enjoy my bullet proof Gary plastic that has served me so well, but the PUL pants cant be beat for extended trips in terms of comfort ,durability, and dryness.
Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

allen said:
I really got to like the stretch bamboo flats from sweet iris design. I've never seen a diaper stretch as nice as these.
Better than old curity stretch diapers.They are a little costly but well worth it!

Hey, great! I wondered if somebody else here had tried these Sweet Iris diapers. They really are something! But yeah, the price is the killer. They're easily some of the most expensive baby diapers out there, which is really saying something considering that these are just squares of cloth. I'll probably buy a few more at some point, but for now, six is all that my diaper budget can tolerate. (And I generally triple up when wearing them.)

CuriousDLUK said:
Hey everyone! Been using regular disposables for a while now and was looking into maybe experimenting a bit with Best Online Baby Wear.
Therefore my question is: What cloth diapers would anyone recommend? Would probably prefer an AIO due to ease of use but im open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello,

When it comes to preventing and treating diaper rash, less is more. Avoid using highly fragranced products, including fabric softeners and dryer sheets. Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free are much less irritating for your little one.

Also, put your baby in clothes that are breathable. Rubber pants or tight plastic covers over a diaper can promote a moist, hot environment.

I have worn both gauze and birdseye cloth diapers. Gauze ones are much softer but the birdseye ones are more absorbent. Sometimes I wear a gauze diaper with a birdseye diaper stuffer to bed at night with a pair of plastic pants. That provides the best protection against wet beds.

But the pul waterproof​ diaper cover's are very nice get pull up kind no leaks.
They feel so nice .
You should try them DogBoy.
From leak master and Gary manufacturing .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back