Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Need to re supply my diaper stash. Was thinking of some Bellisimos again this time. The last time i stayed away due to reading a bad review of tapes. So. Anyone get any recently? How is the batch?

Dont worry Casey..ill be calling you guys too!

I'm not in Bellisimos but I am wearing a Bianco. The tapes are pretty decent. To the point where last night, they were a little too sticky and I had to use more than the usual effort to rip them off.

I moved from Bellissimos to Bianco Ultra-Stretch. Wore my BUS sample 24/7, 4 days, 5 nights before it started falling irreparably apart. I just ordered a case of medium BUS today (equivalent to large Bellissimos).

I recently bought a case of teddy, and have had zero problems. It's funny, I used to think of those as "crazy thick", but now I only wear them (or confidry) when I only need "medium capacity".... otherwise it's time for space or safari. (or similar model)

I know i said i wasn't going to buy Bianco again but i confidence in them for not leaking at my girl friend house. I bought another case just for over there. I wear them with out thinking about leaks.

P.s. They are just like the last ones i bought with no problem with the tapes.

I'm not really on the Bambino ship anymore, but I suppose if you want a healthy stock of diapers with medium absorbency, then go for it.

WABX said:
I know i said i wasn't going to buy Bianco again but i confidence in them for not leaking at my girl friend house. I bought another case just for over there. I wear them with out thinking about leaks.

P.s. They are just like the last ones i bought with no problem with the tapes.

Same here. While I prefer ABU stuff, Bambino has been awesome over the years. I also like the free shipping and hold at FedEx options. And since I live in Washington state, my deliveries only take a couple days.

I really like the Magnifico's and Ultrastretch the best. Velcro is the Boss!

12srepaid said:
I really like the Magnifico's and Ultrastretch the best. Velcro is the Boss!

I've found that if I "pretape" the velcro, they always sit nice and flat, but if I try to move them or attach them while standing and wearing, the tabs tend to deform into a bit of a cup shape when they stick down. I think it's from the velcro tape itself stretching and deforming as I pull it into place. Makes it challenging to get it stuck down flat. But at least it's movable?

I've got a case of 45 bellesimos in the beginning of April, tapes are good, had a little issue with the bottom left tape popping off at night, turns out I was putting them on to tight.
Also got a case of plain and a case of printed stretch, they are awesome, hold the same as the bellesimos. Abu space / simple / little paws hold more, have different tapes but the same strength

bambinod said:
I've found that if I "pretape" the velcro, they always sit nice and flat, but if I try to move them or attach them while standing and wearing, the tabs tend to deform into a bit of a cup shape when they stick down. I think it's from the velcro tape itself stretching and deforming as I pull it into place. Makes it challenging to get it stuck down flat. But at least it's movable?

I also had similar experiences, but the fact that I can readjust the tabs for the most part is a winner for me.

bambinod said:

This has been my experience also, and I attribute it to the fact that the tabs are tapered. I'll have to test this theory when my next shipment of Magnificos arrives, but I'm fairly certain that if I cut the sides of the tabs and make them parallel like they are on adhesive-taped diapers, this problem will go away.

Many baby diapers and a number of other Velcro-tabbed adult diapers have parallel-sided tabs, like the good ol' (but discontinued) cloth-backed Cushies from Old ABU. I haven't had a "cupping" problem with these other diapers. Hopefully Bambino refines the tabs on the Magnifico, but they're still quite good as-is, IMO. And the stretchy sides are downright awesome!

Cottontail said:
This has been my experience also, and I attribute it to the fact that the tabs are tapered. I'll have to test this theory when my next shipment of Magnificos arrives, but I'm fairly certain that if I cut the sides of the tabs and make them parallel like they are on adhesive-taped diapers, this problem will go away.

If you look at the shape of the tab, notice the whole tab is stretchable. (not just soft) So when you grab the middle of the end of the tape and pull it around, the diagonal distance from your finger to the sides of the tape are longer than from your finger to the middle of the tape. And with how the tabs are tapered, it's a lot more than it would be with a square tape. This makes the tape take on a curled shape as you tug on it. when you stick it down, it keeps that curl since there's no way to relieve the uneven stretch.

To reduce this effect, I try to hold the tape sideways with my finger, so I'm grabbing the entire width of the tape at the end. (or even grab it by the middle or root) - this seems to reduce or eliminate the curl when I have to move a tape.

On the two medium samples that I have worn, the lower left tapes delaminated. The first on I repaired with double-backed tape, the second with super glue. The super glue stiffened up the tab so that it does not distort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back