Status
Not open for further replies.

07gp6465

Geo_Wears_Nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wonder why I love sitting in just my nappy, in my house of course. Makes me feel so happy, comfortable and little. I love it so much I could actually cry! Why do I have these weird things, it's not right. Makes me uncomfortable when I snap out of my little space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably because you're a DL? Just a wild guess. ;) And so what if it's weird? Own it. Be who you are, every weird bit of it! I happen to think it's weird that others don't see the joy and pleasure in it that we do.

Tommycombs said:
Probably because you're a DL? Just a wild guess. ;) And so what if it's weird? Own it. Be who you are, every weird bit of it! I happen to think it's weird that others don't see the joy and pleasure in it that we do.

I absolutely am a DL! It's just so strange how it is... why am I a dl??

Who knows? It probably goes back to something you don't even remember. I suspect I am this way too. As a kid, I had the habit of combing and petting my soft hair. A comb was always like my security blanket but honestly, I would have preferred diapers as the earliest memories I have associated with them were happy. My brain must have crossed some wires but I think it was natural for me to develop it. My therapist explained to me that I am rather high on the scale as an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person). My young brain probably discovered an early coping mechanism to sooth the stresses that was discouraged as I got older. But those feelings of security never left me and I longed for it. Now I have it again!

Tommycombs said:
Who knows? It probably goes back to something you don't even remember. I suspect I am this way too. As a kid, I had the habit of combing and petting my soft hair. A comb was always like my security blanket but honestly, I would have preferred diapers as the earliest memories I have associated with them were happy. My brain must have crossed some wires but I think it was natural for me to develop it. My therapist explained to me that I am rather high on the scale as an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person). My young brain probably discovered an early coping mechanism to sooth the stresses that was discouraged as I got older. But those feelings of security never left me and I longed for it. Now I have it again!

Interesting though... I am on the autism spectrum and has a strange time as a kid, maybe it's something I've held onto. It just makes me feel safe, comfy and in my own world more. It's all related I'm sure, but 20 years on it's still clinging on to me even though I have a life, partner, career, my own property and everything else. But the one thing that just stays and if anything became stronger when I had to adult, was my nappies and blanket world. How strange.

It can be like a light switch sort of thing for me as well. Why we feel this way is probably complicated. I'm a believer in love mapping which you can find on Wikipedia if you type in Paraphelia Infantalism. Love mapping is making very early developmental associations with objects and pre-adolescent sexual associations.

A lot of us are with you. I'm a DL too, and I assume I am because I potty-trained late, somewhere between the ages of 4-5; I don't exactly know why I became one, I just did, but I suspect it had something to do with comfort. In reality, there might be a combination of reasons why I became a DL, and I think it's a case by case scenario for everybody; there isn't a definitive answer.

I don't know why I am an AB but that doesn't matter the youngest solid memory that I have where I remember that I liked diapers what when I was 6 and in my church's nursery because I was still in kindergarten and Sunday school didn't start until you where in 1st grade and I remember having to pre and the nursery teacher wouldn't open the gate so I could go down stairs and I ended up wetting my pants and she put me in a diaper and that's when I found out that I liked diapers. I also have a memory of possibly changing my own diaper around age 3 or 4

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DLC93 said:
A lot of us are with you. I'm a DL too, and I assume I am because I potty-trained late, somewhere between the ages of 4-5; I don't exactly know why I became one, I just did, but I suspect it had something to do with comfort. In reality, there might be a combination of reasons why I became a DL, and I think it's a case by case scenario for everybody; there isn't a definitive answer.

I'm with in being potty trained late, apparently I just wouldn't use the bog! I remember going shopping with my mam and getting pull ups instead of nappies to try, they were so exciting for me. How strange I remember it as a good memory!

Also, I used to get excited when I could go to my friends for sleepovers as he was also interested like me in wearing nappies. He had a brother who was still in them and we used to "borrow" them. Also used to use all the toilet roll making out briefs into nappies. Embarrassed my self a few times actually wetting it! Didn't quite work like the real thing lol

DLC93 said:

But what is it you feel so strongly about when it comes to your dl side? I'm intrigued... trying to find out about mine.

i'm with the idea of "love mapping" myself and "taula rasa" or the blank slate theory which says that all babies are born with a blank slate to begin with and their ideas are "imprinted" on them by their parents and the world as they grow change and learn.

The only theory I'm aware of that is backed by actual research and evidence is pretty much in line with what ruebenjay is saying. We are imprinted in our youth with things that will determine our sexual orientation and gender identity along with other traits related to our personal and social identity. The process is known to be a part of normal human and animal development and is also known to occasionally produce strange results previously unexplainable in scientific or psychological terms. A baby bird that forms an attachment to a stick as if that stick was it's mother, or a dog that is sexually attracted to people, are examples of imprinted characteristics that can be routinely observed but not adequately explained by our old concepts of psychology or evolution.

Although the process is known to be a part of human development there are ethical restrictions on the kind of experiments we can do on children (oh darn) so fleshing out the details of how it works won't be easy. In other words, don't hold your breath waiting for a study to 'prove' your DL desires are imprinted. On the other hand, enough is known about the phenomenon to where we can say DL desires are proof that humans undergo an imprinting process similar to other animals.

Drifter said:
The only theory I'm aware of that is backed by actual research and evidence is pretty much in line with what ruebenjay is saying. We are imprinted in our youth with things that will determine our sexual orientation and gender identity along with other traits related to our personal and social identity. The process is known to be a part of normal human and animal development and is also known to occasionally produce strange results previously unexplainable in scientific or psychological terms. A baby bird that forms an attachment to a stick as if that stick was it's mother, or a dog that is sexually attracted to people, are examples of imprinted characteristics that can be routinely observed but not adequately explained by our old concepts of psychology or evolution.

Although the process is known to be a part of human development there are ethical restrictions on the kind of experiments we can do on children (oh darn) so fleshing out the details of how it works won't be easy. In other words, don't hold your breath waiting for a study to 'prove' your DL desires are imprinted. On the other hand, enough is known about the phenomenon to where we can say DL desires are proof that humans undergo an imprinting process similar to other animals.

Interesting, thank you [emoji4]

Drifter said:

Wow! And I spent YEARS in therapy with Not EVEN a clue. I moved far away, wish I still had contact with my therapist today. But I moved far away.
Erik DID SAVE MY LIFE though. I woulda been long dead W/O him. Thank you Erik K., where ever you are.

07gp6465 said:
But what is it you feel so strongly about when it comes to your dl side? I'm intrigued... trying to find out about mine.

Comfort and relaxing mostly I guess.

For me, its a coping measure. Life is pretty boring and otherwise not fun. I don't mean paying bills or going to work, no thats fine, its just that My family hurts me in many ways.
I wear diapers or play with my toys or stuffed animals in order to help cope with this stuff that I deal with. I don't like the taste of alcohol, doesn't help. being "little" helps me go back to a time when I actually mattered to someone.
I also really like the sensation and utility of a diaper, my toys aesthetically please me too. It's a combination of things I guess.

MickeyM said:
For me, its a coping measure.
I also really like the sensation and utility of a diaper, my toys aesthetically please me too. It's a combination of things I guess.

I fully understand that, very much the same thing for me x

DLC93 said:
Comfort and relaxing mostly I guess.

It is my ultimate unwind

07gp6465 said:
Interesting, thank you [emoji4]

You're welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Shmedlheimer said:
Wow! And I spent YEARS in therapy with Not EVEN a clue. I moved far away, wish I still had contact with my therapist today. But I moved far away.
Erik DID SAVE MY LIFE though. I woulda been long dead W/O him. Thank you Erik K., where ever you are.
Glad you're still in the land of the living. Therapy is definitely beneficial in dealing with the side effects of feelings and behaviors that are condemned by society. In the past couple of years there have been a few articles showing that imprinting is gaining greater acceptance in psychology as a rational explanation for those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back