Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wonder why?

Default I wonder why?

I wonder why I love sitting in just my nappy, in my house of course. Makes me feel so happy, comfortable and little. I love it so much I could actually cry! Why do I have these weird things, it's not right. Makes me uncomfortable when I snap out of my little space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably because you're a DL? Just a wild guess. And so what if it's weird? Own it. Be who you are, every weird bit of it! I happen to think it's weird that others don't see the joy and pleasure in it that we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycombs View Post
    Probably because you're a DL? Just a wild guess. And so what if it's weird? Own it. Be who you are, every weird bit of it! I happen to think it's weird that others don't see the joy and pleasure in it that we do.
    I absolutely am a DL! It's just so strange how it is... why am I a dl??

Who knows? It probably goes back to something you don't even remember. I suspect I am this way too. As a kid, I had the habit of combing and petting my soft hair. A comb was always like my security blanket but honestly, I would have preferred diapers as the earliest memories I have associated with them were happy. My brain must have crossed some wires but I think it was natural for me to develop it. My therapist explained to me that I am rather high on the scale as an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person). My young brain probably discovered an early coping mechanism to sooth the stresses that was discouraged as I got older. But those feelings of security never left me and I longed for it. Now I have it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycombs View Post
    Who knows? It probably goes back to something you don't even remember. I suspect I am this way too. As a kid, I had the habit of combing and petting my soft hair. A comb was always like my security blanket but honestly, I would have preferred diapers as the earliest memories I have associated with them were happy. My brain must have crossed some wires but I think it was natural for me to develop it. My therapist explained to me that I am rather high on the scale as an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person). My young brain probably discovered an early coping mechanism to sooth the stresses that was discouraged as I got older. But those feelings of security never left me and I longed for it. Now I have it again!
    Interesting though... I am on the autism spectrum and has a strange time as a kid, maybe it's something I've held onto. It just makes me feel safe, comfy and in my own world more. It's all related I'm sure, but 20 years on it's still clinging on to me even though I have a life, partner, career, my own property and everything else. But the one thing that just stays and if anything became stronger when I had to adult, was my nappies and blanket world. How strange.

It can be like a light switch sort of thing for me as well. Why we feel this way is probably complicated. I'm a believer in love mapping which you can find on Wikipedia if you type in Paraphelia Infantalism. Love mapping is making very early developmental associations with objects and pre-adolescent sexual associations.

A lot of us are with you. I'm a DL too, and I assume I am because I potty-trained late, somewhere between the ages of 4-5; I don't exactly know why I became one, I just did, but I suspect it had something to do with comfort. In reality, there might be a combination of reasons why I became a DL, and I think it's a case by case scenario for everybody; there isn't a definitive answer.

I don't know why I am an AB but that doesn't matter the youngest solid memory that I have where I remember that I liked diapers what when I was 6 and in my church's nursery because I was still in kindergarten and Sunday school didn't start until you where in 1st grade and I remember having to pre and the nursery teacher wouldn't open the gate so I could go down stairs and I ended up wetting my pants and she put me in a diaper and that's when I found out that I liked diapers. I also have a memory of possibly changing my own diaper around age 3 or 4

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DLC93 View Post
    A lot of us are with you. I'm a DL too, and I assume I am because I potty-trained late, somewhere between the ages of 4-5; I don't exactly know why I became one, I just did, but I suspect it had something to do with comfort. In reality, there might be a combination of reasons why I became a DL, and I think it's a case by case scenario for everybody; there isn't a definitive answer.
    I'm with in being potty trained late, apparently I just wouldn't use the bog! I remember going shopping with my mam and getting pull ups instead of nappies to try, they were so exciting for me. How strange I remember it as a good memory!

Also, I used to get excited when I could go to my friends for sleepovers as he was also interested like me in wearing nappies. He had a brother who was still in them and we used to "borrow" them. Also used to use all the toilet roll making out briefs into nappies. Embarrassed my self a few times actually wetting it! Didn't quite work like the real thing lol