Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Floods, rain and snow

Default Floods, rain and snow

So how's the weather with everyone? Al we've been getting here in Ottawa is excessive rain the point where our neighbouring municipality has declared a state of emergency. Here in Ottawa, a number of people have had to evacuate their homes.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/o...ay-8-1.4104909

Not only that, it just gets soooo depressing when seeing the sun is a very rare occassion. And then, to top it off we got some snow this morning!!! This should all be illegal.

My area is fine. The only problem is that my running route is along a path with grass and soil right up to the edge. Every day I go running, I have to try and avoid all those worms that come out and crawl along my pathway. I'm glad worms don't have vocal cords because I can only imagine how many of them would be heard screaming as I stomped them to death. It's that bad.

Hope it all ends soon.

Where I live, it's pretty nice right now - sunny and not too warm, not too cold. I'd like it a bit better if it were slightly cooler, though.

On an entirely off-topic note, I'm really tempted to edit the title to add an Oxford comma ... >.> Very silly pet peeve of mine.

Default Floods, rain and snow

Send some of that rain our way. Where I live is on fire right now. literally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by littleboy904; 09-May-2017 at 03:43.

Good grief! You're in the northern hemisphere! You should be gearing up for summer! That certainly should be illegal!

I'm freezing here in England where it's down to 6 C tonight. No rain or snow, but... I was not built for these temperatures! I'm tempted to emigrate... and by the sounds of it, I should probably cross Canada off my shortlist?

Quote Originally Posted by HogansHeroes View Post
    On an entirely off-topic note, I'm really tempted to edit the title to add an Oxford comma ... >.> Very silly pet peeve of mine.
    Ha ha -- that always confused me. At school we were taught not to use the Oxford comma... but if we did, it wouldn't necessarily be incorrect. I avoided using it... until I came across so many cases where it just makes more sense or "looks better".

I'm afraid you're getting our rain, Starrunner. We had it last weekend and got 3 inches of rain. Now the temperature has dropped and will be 10 degrees below normal for the month of May. They're predicting another 3" of rain for this weekend, right on top of Liberty U.'s graduation, the one where Pres. Trump will be the commencement speaker. Perhaps the rain is God weeping. (teehee.....)

Here in the North West, we are getting sun. It has been long time coming and from the looks of it we will be back to rain on Thursday, and still not seeing any definite trends one way or the other after that at this time.

Dry and sunny here now. The end of April beginning of May we were a little over 12" deep in snow. That's the first time even the older generations had ever seen anything like it, We were in t-shirts a few days before and a few days after. Hope we never see anything like it again.

Quote Originally Posted by HogansHeroes View Post
    Where I live, it's pretty nice right now - sunny and not too warm, not too cold. I'd like it a bit better if it were slightly cooler, though.
    I hate you right now!

Quote Originally Posted by littleboy904 View Post
    Send some of that rain our way. Where I live is on fire right now. literally.
    I saw from your profile you are in Florida, with a plague of wildfires. My thoughts are with you. If I could send you all this rain, believe me, I would. Stay safe.

https://patch.com/florida/southtampa...ildfire-season

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Good grief! You're in the northern hemisphere! You should be gearing up for summer! That certainly should be illegal!

I'm freezing here in England where it's down to 6 C tonight. No rain or snow, but... I was not built for these temperatures! I'm tempted to emigrate... and by the sounds of it, I should probably cross Canada off my shortlist?

Ha ha -- that always confused me. At school we were taught not to use the Oxford comma... but if we did, it wouldn't necessarily be incorrect. I avoided using it... until I came across so many cases where it just makes more sense or "looks better".
    It was minus 2 C this morning, tiny. MINUS!!! Apologies to everyone who struggled with the Comma Conundrum. I cranked the post out quickly and I now see several typos in it. I'm too lazy to correct them.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I'm afraid you're getting our rain, Starrunner. We had it last weekend and got 3 inches of rain. Now the temperature has dropped and will be 10 degrees below normal for the month of May. They're predicting another 3" of rain for this weekend, right on top of Liberty U.'s graduation, the one where Pres. Trump will be the commencement speaker. Perhaps the rain is God weeping. (teehee.....)
    I knew it!!! I knew that somehow this all had to be Trump's fault!

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Here in the North West, we are getting sun. It has been long time coming and from the looks of it we will be back to rain on Thursday, and still not seeing any definite trends one way or the other after that at this time.
    Sun? I forget what that looks like. There's no rain today so it feels like civilization again.

Quote Originally Posted by remington1911 View Post
    Dry and sunny here now. The end of April beginning of May we were a little over 12" deep in snow. That's the first time even the older generations had ever seen anything like it, We were in t-shirts a few days before and a few days after. Hope we never see anything like it again.
    It rained here pretty much all of April. The rain we received in the first week of May already exceeded the average monthly rainfall. Seeing snow yesterday was a real slap in the face.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 09-May-2017 at 17:23.

Jacksonville FL (north-east florida) is also dry, in the 80's, and with scattered smoke and ash fallout as well.

Yeah I'm in Macclenny, from what I've seen and been told, the west Mims fire was about 20 miles away, not sure about now. As long as it doesn't jump the Saint Mary's river, we're safe from it, other than the smoke at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk