How you got your first diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiganDL89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I bought a package at Rite Aid after I moved out of my parents house. It was awesome!

Bought a pack of goodnites on my way back to college

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Went to the supermarket,and bought a package.
When went to cashier, I were so scared clerk asked me why bought diapers.
But now I think they hane no time to ask consumer .

In February 2002 I was commuting 1-hr to college every day. I got stranded in a freak snow storm. Stopped at Wal-Mart and bought some Depends and got a hotel room for the night. I was 18 and had thought about diapers at least every week for the last 15 years. Funny how vivid that memory is.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not counting all the times I took diapers from daycares, etc: The day I got my drivers license, I went to Walmart after school and got a pack of girls' Goodnites. Snuck them into the house in my backpack once I got home.

I've never actually bought adult diapers in person. As a teenager, I made my own with white plastic bags, paper towels, etc. When I got together with my wife, she actually went to the store and bought them for me! She used to do that all the time, actually. She had no issue doing it. Never embarrassed or nervous. I wish I could be like that. I'm working on it. Anyways, once these ABDL diapers started coming out, I started buying my own online. Every once and a while I'll talk my wife into picking up the plastic backed ones that I sometimes see in the thrift stores.

I was maybe 10, and went around collecting bottles and cans to return. Saved up enough, and bought a package of small depends. I was so nervous, and worried the cashier would ask questions, but got them no problem. Unfortunately I was only able to use one or two before my mom found them and threw the rest out. Grrr.

I bought my first diapers when my family was on vacation and I had the house to myself.
I drove to a store within a good distance form my hometown, so I wouldn't accidentally bump into someone I know.
Luckily the store was pretty empty but sadly they only had these pullup style adult diapers, but I got them anyways and went straight for the checkout.
The cashier was an old lady who, surprisingly, didn't even raise an eyebrow at my purchase.
Still my heart was racing like mad after I left the store, but I felt pretty happy, because I finally was able to wear diapers for the first time. (Well first adult time)

I guess as an advice I can say, go ahead and buy diapers in a store when you can't do it online, the cashiers don't really care what you are buying anyways :)

I got my first adult diapers when I took a few from a pack I found in my grandmas hall way closet. They were way too big for me since my grandma was a larger woman, but I wore them anyways. I was 13 I think.

The first time I bought diapers was when I was about 22. I was coming home from work and after years of thinking about it, I finally got the nerve to stop by Walmart and pick up a pack of Depends. I was so nervous to do it and went in and out of the adult diaper aisle a bunch of times and then chickening out. But I finally mustered up the courage, picked up the pack and made a beeline to the checkout register. I was so flustered and sweaty. I bet I looked super suspicious. Haha. 14 years later, I can easily walk in and by a pack without even batting an eye, but now I go to ABUniverse because my eyes were opened to the premium diapers a few years after buying my first Depends.

My first was a makeshift diaper made from an old pair of underpants and a plastic bag. It still put me over the top. Later I'd get baby diapers from my church nursery. It's funny how most of us have connived to get diapers when we were still kids.

I used to steal some of my nieces/ nephews that were laying around me. I also used to make my own using old towels and trash bags.

First time I bought was last November. I went to Walmart around midnight so it would be unlikely for me to bump into anybody I knew. Bought a package of depends and went through the self-checkout, and my heart was racing. I had the house to myself for a little over a week, so I bought my first ABDL diapers -- Bambino's, and I've still got them tucked away. :thumbsup:

dogboy said:
My first was a makeshift diaper made from an old pair of underpants and a plastic bag. It still put me over the top. Later I'd get baby diapers from my church nursery. It's funny how most of us have connived to get diapers when we were still kids.

I'm guilty of both of those myself! My first ones I got that actually fit were completely unexpected. When I was 12, my friend called a 1-800 number for free samples of Depends, claimed I was his grandpa who had an embarrassing accident, and got them to send me two of the original green Depends. Little did he know how much I appreciated that!

Mt first adult diapers I kinda boosted from my grand mother when I was about 14 but later got enough money to buy my first adult diapers, I was so nervus I passed around the drug store paced the store for what seemed like an hour, I did not want any one seeing that but finally got up the courage yo buy a pack of the older generation of Attends with the inner plastic liner but finally got a package and put them in a trash bag so no one would see the diapers on my pedal for the ride home and snuck them in at night, it felt like my heart was running a thousand beats a min and took some time to build up the courage to just grab them and act normal.
One time a friend of mine came into the same store and I had diapers in hand and almost went into a panic, I quickly came up with a story that I was getting them for my grandmother and that worked, we parted our ways after being at the store and that topic never came up again. I had a god send when I finally got a truck so I could hide them in my truck till I could get them inside

Skwuzzy said:
I'm guilty of both of those myself! My first ones I got that actually fit were completely unexpected. When I was 12, my friend called a 1-800 number for free samples of Depends, claimed I was his grandpa who had an embarrassing accident, and got them to send me two of the original green Depends. Little did he know how much I appreciated that!
When I turned 40 my sister (whom I don't speak with) gave me a sample pack of Depends as a gag gift. It was really one of their cruddy pullups. But the joke failed because I wore it and had fun!

They didn't have disposable adult diapers when I started. I started using old towels and making plastic pants out of trash bags. I poured over the medical sections of the Sears and Montgomery Wards catalogs. Then one day when I was searching around our local pharmacy for something I was dumbfounded to realize they had some of that same stuff in stock. This was right about the time I got my driver's license so I remember driving a couple of towns over and buying my first pair of "incontience pants."

About the time I started college they started listing the old single tape, rectangular (like the 1960's Pampers) adult briefs. Again, one day I was eating lunch at the pharmacy by the hospital (I was working in a non-clinical research setting) and saw they had them in stock. I waited until Saturday when I figured none of my coworkers would be around (it as a 9-5 M-F operation) and bought a box. After that, I started driving around checking medical supplies and larger pharmacies to see what they had.

Not counting the ones i took when my lil brother and sister were still in diapers. First diapers i bought were goodnights from CVS when i was 15/16. I walked 1.5 miles down the road to buy them and walked back home with them in hand. Very nerve racking experience.

I started borrowing my sister's (formerly my) cloth diapers when I was six and she was four. When sis was done with the diapers, they mostly ended up in boxes in the garage. I played with those diapers for years. When I was twelve, my mom resumed her career, which meant that my sister and I would come home from school to an empty house. This signaled opportunity, and so I started hiking to the supermarket after school and buying Pampers (and Luvs, and Huggies, and just about every diaper I could find!) with my allowance. My parents probably wondered at my eagerness to do chores!

Despite that my hiding places sucked, and my bedroom often smelled slightly of Pampers, I somehow managed to avoid parental wrath. In the decades since I moved out, I've come to the conclusion that they must have known about the diapers and simply decided to leave me alone. They were pretty hands-off, as long as bodily injury or poor grades weren't involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back