Cushies V1 Cloth Backed to ABU Preschool V2 idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
So I recently got a pack of some of the last cushies v1 cloth backed. I absolutly love the tapes of these diapers. The cut is a little strange sense I'm used to the preschool's Abu has now. The absorbancy isn't as good as well the diaper doesn't seem to swell up as much compared to the Preschool. So my idea has been. Preschool V2 with the old Velcro tapes from the cushie V1. I have spent a lot of time in one of those diapers and not once did I have a problem with the tapes. I love them so much more then the adhesive tapes that are on just about every adult diaper on the market these days. What do you guys think?

I am a big fan of ABUs Vintage style with the single tape per side.

I never did try the Cushies v1 or the cloth back Cushies but applaud your ingenuity to upgrading your Preschools to single tab.

Argent said:
I am a big fan of ABUs Vintage style with the single tape per side.

I never did try the Cushies v1 or the cloth back Cushies but applaud your ingenuity to upgrading your Preschools to single tab.

I did not actually create these diapers but it's just an idea I've thrown out to hopefully get discussion going on it. :) really been hoping someone, (Casey *wink wink*) , would jump on it.

I like the idea. Im one of the few of us who loves the cloth back. True, im eager to see more variety out there.eBig fan of the cloth preschools design but If it was ALSO thicker and had velcro, then dang. That'd be the cats ass. I just bought a half case of their simples to do my small part in clearing the shelves for new and exciting diplerage, so c'mon ABU!!! Lets see something astounding!! (Cough* stretchy sides, cough)

Jbdl said:
I like the idea. Im one of the few of us who loves the cloth back. True, im eager to see more variety out there.eBig fan of the cloth preschools design but If it was ALSO thicker and had velcro, then dang. That'd be the cats ass. I just bought a half case of their simples to do my small part in clearing the shelves for new and exciting diplerage, so c'mon ABU!!! Lets see something astounding!! (Cough* stretchy sides, cough)

Even if they made one without stretchy sides I'd be totally ok with it. Just the Velcro Tapes please. Its really nice to be able to re use a diaper if its not wet or dirty.

I liked the cloth backed cushies with the velcro tapes.
I've got a pack of little paws coming Tuesday. Will have to sit in my trunk until Wednesday though.

I'm not a fan of tape diapers, as I need to be able to get them off at any times notice, and thats why I liked the velcro.
Now, I guess I may have to resort to damaging the tapes to get the diaper off when I need to. Usually an unexpected situation in which I need to go out of my safe area (room)

The hybrid cloth backed but taping panel seemed a strange idea to me and I wondered why ABU didn't just make a new Vintage cloth backed or better still a modern cloth backed 2 tab diaper.

I understand though Preschools have their own fan following so probably was a good idea by ABU.

Certainly a good idea though to tell the good people at ABU what you want though as you never know when sharing your idea will be the pivotal comment that launches a new diaper!

The disappearance of cloth-backed Cushies continues to mystify me. When Old ABU came out with them, they seemed to be a hot seller. They quickly sold out, and the second batch became the subject of one of Old ABU's famously obnoxious pre-order schemes. Almost everybody on the forums who tried the cloth-backed Cushies seemed to like them, and for a number of us they were an instant favorite. When the new ownership swooped in, I was hopeful that the stock issues would be forever in the past, but instead the cloth-backed Cushies were discontinued. :frown:

And there's been no clear successor (IMO).

I did hear some lame, second-hand explanation--something about difficulties with the tapes? It made no sense to me. I mean, I'd never heard anybody complaining about the tapes on the cloth-backed Cushies. And if it was a production issue--gosh. Don't you try to fix those? Velcro and Velcro-like materials are everywhere, and it's not like diapers are rocket science.

So I'm not buying that explanation. Presumably the cloth-backed Cushies simply weren't the hot-selling item they appeared to be, and New ABU did what most businesses would do: They followed the money elsewhere. As a member of the cloth-backed-loving minority, I could accept that explanation while still being disappointed.

---

For me, the hole left by the cloth-backed Cushies has lately been filled by the Bambino Magnifico. It's not cloth-backed, of course, but the ginormous stretchy sides and Velcro tabs are another feature of modern baby diapers that I've long wished to have on ABDL diapers. My hope is that, sometime soon, Bambino or ABU will mate these sorts of stretchy sides and Velcro tabs with a one-tab-per-side, cloth-backed design. I'll make do with these silly "hybrid" diaper designs for a little while, but I expect better in the long term! :)

Yeah the cloth backed cushies going away made me a bit angry. I abstained from buying again until last week. Got my little paws in the trunk, snuck one in my carrying case. Will try it on tonight, it looks so cute and awesome, feels real nice to the touch. It's my first plastic backed diaper in about 14 years, all my other ones have been cloth and or velcro which also includes baby D' /toddler pull-ups /goodnites etc
I might warm up to these plastic backed/taped ones
As far as the tapes, I'll see how they go, the last ones/plastic backed I got which was when I was 18 and thats been, gosh darned 14 years now, can't believe it.

I liked how I could re velcro the diaper as many times as I needed to get it fit right, which was pretty snug to begin with. But really for if I needed to take it off for some reason like parents needing me for something outside of normal hours.
I'd get them again if they had them, but who knows if they'll make them again. Hopefully an even better product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back