Duct tape on diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
sissybaby34 said:
You say tomato I say Tomato, you say potato I say potato........... I think the question was asking do you use 2" tape that usualy comes on a 50 m roll to reinforce the diaper tapes. My answer is yes. I have used duck, duct, gaffer and anything else you want to call it. At the moment I have several of these different patterns of Duck (TM) tape and rolls of black and rolls of white "gaffer" tape. View attachment 29513

Again no. I am in complete agreement that this is "duck" tape. And again, the OP is asking if anyone uses "duct" tape. He was actually quite clear on this.

Why does everyone keep getting these two confused? K and T are two different letters, they do not even look the same....

And for the love of what ever god you believe in, the OP wasn't asking if anyone uses gaffer (painters) tape either. Uuugh.

Gaffer as we know it in the UK is not painters tape. It is most commonly used in the entertainment industry and theatre for taping down cables etc. It is very much like Duck tape, which is very much like Duct tape, my point is, is it worth getting worked up over. If it works, it works.

Slomo said:
Check again. The link I gave says duck (with a "k"), both in the link and on the page it takes you to. The description for the tape usage does not say anything about metal duct work.

Check again :p The link you gave says "Duck Tape BRAND DUCT TAPE" on the packaging.

The manufacturers themselves are literally saying, "This Duck tape is duct tape".

I wouldn't put duct tape on diapers. If anything, I've heard duct tape actually ruins your cute diapers you've paid so much for. Yes, while I may agree that you can get cute designs on duct tape, I think it's better to use some clear tape instead. Clear tape won't ruin your diaper. But then wouldn't it be rather more like a pull-up then though? I mean, you couldn't possibly think to untape it if you need to use the potty, could you? But I guess if you really wanted to put duct tape with designs on them you could use the clear tape over it. The clear would make it look like it's part of the diaper actually. Just a thought though.

SparkleBunny said:
I wouldn't put duct tape on diapers. If anything, I've heard duct tape actually ruins your cute diapers you've paid so much for. Yes, while I may agree that you can get cute designs on duct tape, I think it's better to use some clear tape instead. Clear tape won't ruin your diaper. But then wouldn't it be rather more like a pull-up then though? I mean, you couldn't possibly think to untape it if you need to use the potty, could you? But I guess if you really wanted to put duct tape with designs on them you could use the clear tape over it. The clear would make it look like it's part of the diaper actually. Just a thought though.

Definitely use clear tape over anything if you are applying tape in the long run, just looks so out of place if its a solid color plus Sparkle is right got to consider untaping problems and the designs!

Noodle said:
Definitely use clear tape over anything if you are applying tape in the long run, just looks so out of place if its a solid color plus Sparkle is right got to consider untaping problems and the designs!

Yeah. Plus that one duct tape that isn't clear has some strange stickiness to it. Which is why I said to put clear tape over the designed duct tape, just don't put the designed one too close to the waist, you'll need some room for the clear one to go totally over it.

I've used duct tape on my diapers. I like to be sure that the tapes are going to stay stuck overnight while I'm rolling around and tossing and turning. I also like all white diapers (probably a generational thing) and this includes white tapes, so if my diaper has a colored tape I don't mind using white duct tape over it.

Now if I had a babyish diaper, with cute designs on it, that would be a different matter. If I felt I needed the extra strength of more tape I'd probably go with clear packing tape.

Since I have gone to stretch hook and loop diapers, there has been no need for tape of any kind. Also powder does not affect efficacy of this design.

bambinod said:
what people refer to as "duct tape" or "grey tape" was commonly known in the past as "100mph tape", it was originally used to patch bullet/flak holes in planes during ww2. It has nothing to do with ductwork. Ducts are sealed with tape that's more metallic and a resin'ish based adhesive that holds up better in humidity and high temps.
I thought it was originally made to seal ammunition cans

Experiment626 said:

That was gaffers tape.

Experiment626 said:

while it may work for that, I've never heard of it used for that.

Interesting.

bambinod said:
while it may work for that, I've never heard of it used for that.
there's more detail here,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

duck cloth makes duck tape.....works for me (i used to have loads of the original stuff for modding dispies).
that would leave us with 'ducktape' being muddled with 'ducttape' thanks to the same sounds used, and only then causing 'ruptions here because of a quirk in translating speech into text.

Whatever its name, I use a strong plastic sticky tape to strengthen the flimsy fastenings provided on diapers, and also to cover up any gaps down the sides, because I like lying on my side. I used the same tape recently to seal down the bumper edge on a friend's car after a minor accident, whilst the vehicle was awaiting repair. Effective on both counts, I notice!

For my diapers with tape problems. I used Scotch Duct Tape Star Struck and transparent duct tape works well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back