Acceptable excuses in the following scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elohim

Est. Contributor
Say you were to get caught wearing a diaper by someone, but you don't actually need to wear them 24/7 and instead you wear them for fun, comfort and/or security. What can you say that will make that person be okay with their discovery while also covering the fact that that same person may encounter you not wearing at some other point? So if they'd encounter you in normal undies next week, they would not find that weird.

This has to do with my main concern of wearing outdoors. If I get caught and need to explain myself, it's probably gonna be weird if they would see me wearing normal underwear after that.

This is a most likely a temporary plumbing issue that I would rather not discuss please respect that .just know my doctor is working the issue! Thank you for your concern.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

About three years ago I had a bad kidney stone. Part of the treatment was a stent. The stent caused spasms which caused me to wet.

Every since this it has been my default excuse.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

"I have to wear diapers when my medical condition is flaring up."

That is what I tell people. In my case though it isn't an excuse, I just wear 24/7 so I don't have to stress about if I'll have a flare up or not. I can usually predict what flares me up, but I've been pretty shocked at times as well.

How about not showing people your underwear on a regular basis when you are out and about?

Last edited:
I would think going with saying it's a temporary condition would work, but I would imagine most people outside of people who know you well would never say a word, or they would just let you know your diaper is showing or something along those lines.

Something medical - you're recovering from medical treatment, some sort of infection

unless they bring it up, let them think whatever they want.

Step 1 is obviously not getting caught in the first place, but of course life can throw a curve ball at any time. My problem is that I don't know what people think, because autism, hence the reason I asked. It definitely makes me less anxious about possibly wearing all the time, because I can apparently back off in the eyes of others. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Assuming this is someone I know and not a stranger, I honestly am not sure what sort of excuse I'd give. I personally feel very uncomfortable with the idea of lying and saying I have a medical condition I don't actually have. I'd probably just awkwardly ask for them to please not mention that since I can't think of an actual reason that isn't the truth, which I don't want to tell. Luckily, this has never happened and hopefully no-one would notice.

He'll that right there is a reason I have plenty of friends on the spectrum who wear for "insurance" my little brother is on the spectrum but I know he hates diapers , he uses a wheelchair also and hates when he is in the hospital because they make him wear them , we just joked on the phone about getting a yellow fall risk tattoo instead of the scratchy bracelets , I told him to get the allergy red one I would do the yellow fall because my allergies makes war and peace look like a menu for take out,so honestly play to the audience as they say ,people know I wear but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know "I am a broken toy" ,if i get any smaller my next wheelchair will be a pediatric chair,my current chair is 15 3/4 inch and is the smallest "adult" they make .

I have only rarely ask why I wear when some plastic may peak out, my one boss knows I am autistic and he has never asked why I wear but many years ago before I wore I went 24/7 a friend found a dry one on my sofa under a pillow, at first he did not understand and I think I said that I some times wear them but over all unless it's some one you are close to they don't seem to care or even want to know so I don't say anything I just try to wear long shirts and avoid making it obvious, I one time I was more open to telling people but that was a mistake and had some negative backlash, it's a private mater and it's just no ones business to why you wear, just cover up and don't say anything unless asked questions by the other person and just say for medical reasons and that covers both mental and physical needs, there is no reason to volunteer info some one does not need to know.

even if " for medical reasons" is lie for you it's easer for people to quantify " medical reasons" unless they are a close and trusted friend never say it's for AB/DL, people are not ready for that at this point in time, most people seem to be unable or unwilling to accept that you would like wearing a diaper. Some times honesty is not the best policy

He'll that right there is a reason I have plenty of friends on the spectrum who wear for "insurance
I don't have the obvious kinda autism though. I have the "this kid is different but I can't quite put my finger on the reason why" kind of Asperger's. I have full bladder and bowel control and no disabilities, so I don't think that'd boat well.

even if " for medical reasons" is lie for you it's easer for people to quantify " medical reasons" unless they are a close and trusted friend
When it's a close friend, I'd find it hard to say medical reasons because of the possible "I thought you wore diapers" scenario that may occur later. i always think everyone has the same thoughts I do. I can't fathom what other people may think of something from their reference point with their brain and prior experiences and all that.

Last edited:
I would explain it as you've had stomach issues for a day or two, and it hits you suddenly and urgently. I've certainly had plenty of times where my stomach was upset and I was literally seconds from disaster as I make it to the bathroom, and one occasion where I was not fast enough. Those are the times I actually need the diaper.

Just own it if you get caught. I dont have the option of not wearing. In over a decade, Ive been caught/called out zero times. Just be smart, and you wont get caught. If you do, its unlikely others will say anything to you. I wouldn't lie though. Just admit you like wearing diapers sometimes, that it makes you feel safe.

Its absurd but this brand of exchange has gotten me through potential awkwardness on many assorted life moments

A:"Are ... are you wearing a diaper"?

B:"You mean... you arent? . Buddy, you are missing out"

A:"Fair 'nuff..."

One cant simply pull the confidence out of any oriface at will but if you can fake it, you're set. When i brought it up with my girlfriend i had time to prepare but the gyst was that i sincerely acted like i was in a place of perplexedness myself and was essentially bringing her in on the scheme so that if she felt that she just didnt get it, it was alright! Because i didnt either. So i figure, if and when im busted by someone im close to i can probaby blunder through a completely honest explanation withought getting too explicit and come out the other end with both of us nodding/shaking our heads at the shared oddness of it.

Most anti depressants & anti psychotic meds do have that as adverse effect.but who and why Is not known, so its a great temporary shelter.unless you want it long term and then you just "keep taking it , because how much better you feel".

simple. two possible scenarios:

Someone you know/see frequently: tell them its just your thing that youve just always liked wearing. You could give an example like: just like how some people wear different styles of underwear. Then just confirm to them that you know its kinda weird and youd really appreciate it if they kept quiet about it.

Strangers/people you dont see often: whatever you feel most comfortable saying. It doesnt really matter what you say in this scenario because they have nothing to do with you. Just say something reasonable that leaves you feeling at ease when you part ways.

I see a lot of people mentioning that you could make up some medical mishap excuse but this is risky imo. If its your parents than obviously don't use this, theyll worry about it and get nosy, no matter how old you are. Might be an ok idea to use on a buddy or friend though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back