Not open for further replies.

DLMelissa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Does anyone have any tips on shaving? I am MtF Transgender, and I see so many people have flawlessly looking shave-jobs, which might have been waxed or lasered, but I am way to nervous to shave with anything more than a trimmer.

Shaving only gets you so far. Sure, for a night it will look immaculate and amazing. I say so because I did so yesterday...Thennn the next day comes and the itchies start. Even though I shaved using the right technique, moisturized afterwards, and did everything I can to prevent irritation, it's inevitable. But doing it right will minimize the irritation. Taking your time and doing it right will result in a pretty good look and feel, at least for a day. If done right, the next few days shouldn't be so bad. When it really starts coming back (assuming you don't re-shave), it'll be prickly, but if done correctly, no ingrown hairs, irritation, or pimply things won't show up.

Just like regular shaving, starting out with very warm water, to open the pores, will help. While shaving, keeping the area lubricated with cream/gel and using tepid water will help reduce irritation from the blades. I would highly recommend Skintimates shaving cream and a very girly razor. Believe it or not, these products were designed be comfortable for that sensitive skin and to get to those hard-to-reach spots. Limbering up before shaving these areas would help a lot. It's gonna take a good 10-15 minutes or more depending on how long the hair is, so it would be wise to stretch a bit before-hand.

Afterwards, rinsing with less-than-room-temperature water (cool-ish...not cold, that's just uncomfortable) will help close the pores, reducing the introduction of bacteria to the area and, in the end, a reduction in irritation. A good moisturizer after you pat the area dry with a soft, fluffy towel will keep the skin supple, and less prone to in-grown hairs. Aloe is also good. A good slathering of the magic plant's essence will do you some good. And keeping the area moisturized will help a lot, so keep using lotion. Not too much to where it's gooey and slick, but enough that it's comfy. Nothing is fool-proof, and it may get itchy no matter what you do...

As you can tell, this whole process is about keeping the skin in a calm and non-irritated state. So take it slow, and be deliberate in the orientation of the razor's blades. I shaved in a hurry once, and even though I had the best intentions, I had terrible razor burns right where I typically sit on my bum. The week following was not so fun. So, basically, get in the zone. Feel those feminine emotions inside of you, and use that energy to keep calm and you'll know what should feel good and what doesn't.

Anyways, I hope I helped. Be careful and continue feeling as feminine as you can :)

Good Lord, I've been shaving my front parts for decades, with very little irritations. I do it when I shower, and I mostly use surgical scrub (Hibiclens, BetaSept, etc), and a multi-blade (Harry's) razor, and sometimes some Dr. Bonner's peppermint with the scrub. It takes a total of about 20 seconds, and it's good for 2-3 days in between shaves. I'm probably the only goof who does this, but, I've been tucking the head of my dick back in upon itself, for "littleness" in my diaper/pullup, and that tends to keep my most sensitive part in a soft & warm place. When I pee, it's usually towards the front of my diaper/pullup, and it feels "very small", like an uncircumcised baby penis might. Erections are uncomfortable at first, but that goes away soon, and you're just reminded that little boys in diapers do get their erections, like big boys do, but they're not big enough to poke out of their little hidey-hole. When it comes to sex, he grows right back to normal size, so no worries there. And, if you are laying on your back, you can untuck, and lay him over your sac, to use the back of your diaper/pullup.

DLMelissa said:
Does anyone have any tips on shaving? I am MtF Transgender, and I see so many people have flawlessly looking shave-jobs, which might have been waxed or lasered, but I am way to nervous to shave with anything more than a trimmer.

Hello DLMelissa. Don't be nervous about shaving any part of your body sweetheart. Just be aware that shaving your pubic hair will itch a fair bit and you will suffer from shaving burn for some time. You can reduce this by shaving down with the grain until your skin adjusts to being shaved, and then shaving against the grain for a truly close shave is possible. OhHeyThere and Jamieboy have given you the essential advice on shaving properly but I will insist that you use a quality multiblade razor and never a disposable regardless of the cost (eat less if you must but never use a cheap razor to shave your pubic hair or underarms) Also, do no more than one pass initially and only attempt two passes when you know your skin can cope with it. The good news is that your very delicate pubis will eventually adjust to being shaved and when it does you will never regret going through the discomfort that allows you to be hair free 'down there'. Waxing is a whole different and very painful proposition, but if you can afford lease hair removal the one place I would get done is my pubic hair because I hate how 'male' and 'adult' it makes me feel. Yucky plus! Go for it DLM and enjoy your very first night totally hair free down there which is yummy, sexy, and so smooth and feminine in a girly sort of way. But then you will have to wait until your skin recovers before you can shave again, but you will I promise you because pubic hair sux and once you know how lovely a hair free pussy is there is no going back to having a bush (bush lovers excepted of course)

- - - Updated - - -

Jamieboy said:
... I'm probably the only goof who does this, but, I've been tucking the head of my dick back in upon itself, for "littleness" in my diaper/pullup, and that tends to keep my most sensitive part in a soft & warm place. When I pee, it's usually towards the front of my diaper/pullup, and it feels "very small", like an uncircumcised baby penis might. Erections are uncomfortable at first, but that goes away soon, and you're just reminded that little boys in diapers do get their erections, like big boys do, but they're not big enough to poke out of their little hidey-hole. When it comes to sex, he grows right back to normal size, so no worries there. And, if you are laying on your back, you can untuck, and lay him over your sac, to use the back of your diaper/pullup.

Come on Jamieboy... do you really think that you are the only oneofus who does that with his cock because if you do you are just so adorable and no, you are definitely not a 'goof'. My cock its so small from lack of use and the oestrogen I take for self-sisification I can make it totally disappear into my scrotum (yuck) and if I had the nerve to put a few stitches where it pops out it would be, effectively, gone for good. Goodbye cock and good riddance to you I would say! And yes, that is how I use my symmetrical diapers during the day as well. My always limp cock wets the front fully first because it is centred so high above my crotch, and then I just reverse my nappy to use the dry back if lying down and lifting my bottom up isn't a convenient way to spread the load. Its just Nappy Use 101 jamieboy!

Last edited:
jamila said:
Hello DLMelissa. Don't be nervous about shaving any part of your body sweetheart. Just be aware that shaving your pubic hair will itch a fair bit and you will suffer from shaving burn for some time. You can reduce this by shaving down with the grain until your skin adjusts to being shaved, and then shaving against the grain for a truly close shave is possible. OhHeyThere and Jamieboy have given you the essential advice on shaving properly but I will insist that you use a quality multiblade razor and never a disposable regardless of the cost (eat less if you must but never use a cheap razor to shave your fanny) Also, do no more than one pass initially and only attempt two passes when you know your skin can cope with it. The good news is that your very delicate pubis will eventually adjust to being shaved and when it does you will never regret going through the discomfort that allows you to be hair free 'down there'.

thanks, i'm kinda in the same boat. i've been trying to shave everyday lately, and use an oatmeal baby lotion to reduce the itching, but right now this feels like an uphill battle...hopefully my skin adjusts soon.

every time i've tried in the past, i gave up after a few days, because of the itching.

also, how often should i replace the blade? it's been about a week this time around, and i heard that bacteria on the blade can cause the bumps.

I first shaved my fanny... (oh, in the US that's your bottom isn't it!) I'm from Australia and down here a fanny is your groin so that was what I was referring to.

I first shaved my pubic hair when I was 17 and that was 44 years ago so the only thing that I can really remember was how good it felt to be hair free and how bad the itching was. From memory it itched for two/three days at first and I remember that I didn't shave again until the area had completely healed. I can't remember how long it took for my skin to adjust but it does take some time I'm afraid. Someone younger should have a better idea about that, though it depends a lot on your skin type/sensitivity to. I would not recommend shaving every day at first SleepyTyrant. Let the area heal completely before you shave again, or it will get worse before it gets better. What you want to do is to train your skin to cope with being shaved over a long period rather than going for hair free from the word go. To be honest with you it is a bit of an uphill battle, but the effort is eventually worth it if having pubic hair is unacceptable to you. As for soothing lotions... I seem to remember that I switched to baby powder because that reduced the itching a bit more than lotion, but I didn't start using diapers until I was twenty-two and a wet diaper is bad for shaving rash especially when you first start. That being the case, I would suggest that you shave only when your skin is clear and don't wet your diaper until the itching has completely stopped. Failing that you would want to use a waterproof barrier cream like Am.o.Lin baby cream to protect the area until the hair follicle has rounded off and stops itching you.

The things we AB/DL's have to go through just to be ourselves.

jami

Last edited:
I thought about waxing but shaving is what I prefer. I like to have more control in that area. Rest of the body can be waxed but that part I need to be sure :)

Personally I would go for waxing as it tends to last longer then shaving

My biggest biggest tip is EXFOLIATE.
I will link you to a good cloth that gently exfoliates effectively (don't rub like crazy). You must incorporate this into your routine and do so at least every second day under a warm shower. The reason being that dead cells accumulate and can cause the blockage of follicles and therefore ingrown hairs. I am of indian decent and lets just say we have thick curly hair and it is a total bloody nightmare for us. This is literally the only way I have managed it.
Be mindful of the products you use too, ideally use something for sensitive skin and only on the outside. Afterwards make sure to moisturise and dry fully especially in this current heat. Shaving + diapers + heat can lead to rash city if you do not take proper care.

Salux Cloth

Or any of the Salux brand cloths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back