Term popularity in search: "Incontinence Brief" vs. "abdl diaper" vs. "adult diaper" vs. "abdl" vs. "incontinence"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Term popularity in search: "Incontinence Brief" vs. "abdl diaper" vs. "adult diaper" vs. "abdl" vs. "incontinence"

This is an interesting search that I did out of curiosity for terms relating to our community. The terms in the title are in order of popularity, and the graphs shown on the image provided show that "abdl" receives about half as many searches as "incontinence", which is huge in theory, since many ABDL's bring in searches for incontinence as part of their curiosity, so we're more popular than we think.

As you can see in the image, searches for "incontinence brief" are so low they don't even compare to even "abdl diaper" which is only just trailing "adult diaper" in search popularity and is actually accelerating upwards while 'adult diaper' remains relatively constant.

Thoughts? Opinions? Let me know down below.33960d157c2d7b691ef37389274b27f3.jpg

I'd say that's really good news. Maybe people are starting to realise briefs and underwear are nowhere near the same as actual diapers.

It sounds like a lot more people are becoming abdl aware too. That could be a huge boost for our entire community.

I find it interesting that for every visible dip in incontinence, there is a corresponding peak in abdl. Hmmm

It does seem to hint that our numbers may be much larger than we thought. It's hard to get an accurate idea of how many of us there are since so many of us don't exactly make it public knowledge. Years back, before the internet, I thought I was an abomination. A freak. Why would I be into something like this? This just goes to show that if I AM a freak, I'm not. Because if so many others are also like me it sort of defeats the definition of the word, "freak".

plasticsounds said:
I find it interesting that for every visible dip in incontinence, there is a corresponding peak in abdl. Hmmm
I noticed that too. Digging a bit deeper it looks like each spike occurs in late December. I'd hazard a guess that many search terms spike up or down around this time for obvious reasons. Christmas, an increase in disposable income, and busier schedules are likely our lurking variables.

Your findings as definitely interesting. I don't know if there is that much to read into, but the statistics definitely suggest a larger community and or awareness for the community as previously though. There have been discussions in the past about the community size and others have suggested that possibly 1 in 100 are in some form or another linked to the community. We'll never know the numbers for sure as there is a very real possibility that there are a lot of others with similar desires living in denial or avoidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Tommycombs said:
Years back, before the internet, I thought I was an abomination. A freak. Why would I be into something like this?

I used to think the same way. I'd be laying in bed thinking "What the hell is wrong with me." Them I got my first computer are realized I wasn't alone, but still felt we were few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back