Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Variations on ADISC

Default Variations on ADISC

This could be a very touchy subject for some so it might be best, if you can't keep it neutral and avoid an emotional response, to not respond at all.

Just idle speculation at the moment but my scientific curiosity is making me wonder if there is some connection to all the variations we see on this site that *appear* to occur in higher numbers than what would be expected in the general population.

Aside from the variations among AB/DLs, what I'm referring to are things such as homosexuality, transgenderism, asexuality, bisexuality, sissy and furry tendencies, and also, I'm guessing here, more people affected by autism. All people experience a wide range of characteristics and emotions but what I'm saying is that the things I've mentioned seem to occur here at a higher rate than what would be expected in the overall population.

The special nature of this thread would attract people outside society's norm, but this doesn't explain why, for example, there may be a greater percentage of transexuals involved in AB/DL activity than the percentage of transexuals in the general population. (If that is actually the case.)

Does anyone else see it this way?

It could be that people are more open about these on this forum.

If I had to take a guess, I would say the connection lies in the idea of regression, as well as lingering negative emotions associated with our own perceptions of ourselves.

While society as a whole is not as accepting as many of the individuals you listed here, as we would like them to be, everyone accepts a baby.

Littles and babies are given more lee way, have less expected of them in the sense of social concepts.

so...Its understandable that regression, or embracing littler behavior would be a refuge?

Of not feeling as if there is a constant struggle against societal expectations.

Anyway, that is my guess

It's a little hard for me to phrase my opinion on this. I would say ''one thing leads to another,'' but that's not really correct. As ABDL's, let's face it, we're sort of like social deviants, and other things like autism and various sexualities could also be considered skirting the line of what has traditionally been seen as normal. So I kinda think if you're ''different'' in one way, you probably have a better chance of being ''different'' in another.

My other theory would be that people struggling with various life issues might be more likely to turn to ab/dl as a coping mechanism.

MarchinBunny

I will say it's certainly something I have noticed as well. Actually, I have often been surprised with how many other transgender people there are in the community. I never quite figured out why that might be.

It's a reasonable question. From a purely scientific perspective, it's also an interesting one: why do these seemingly disparate elements overlap? Or do they? Is it merely that, given the enclosed, incestuous nature of a forum such as this one, where we hear from the same people all the time in so many different ways, that they only seem to overlap? As a career high school teacher, I know that if one used any given school population as a focus group and attempted to extrapolate from them truths about the population as a whole, numbers would be way out of whack:

We would assume that the population attracted far more athletes than we would otherwise expect, far more theatre people, far more aspiring politicians, a heck of a lot more writers, way more people who respected teachers, among other things, and in many cases a much more left-leaning population. And we'd make these assumptions not because these things are true of all teens, but because these specific teens are stuck together all the time, constantly influencing each other.

Now, the variances you mention on this site, of course, are not caused or enhanced by interaction of influence. But what might be true is that, given a safe space to discuss these things with like-minded people, these variances become more public and thus appear to be more common.

OTOH: what if they actually are more common among ABDLs? What would that indicate? What if the population of people who are attracted to this specific fetish also happen to have overlarge contingents of gay, TG, asexual, bisexual, sissy, and furry elements? The next question would have to be: is there a link? Well, there might be one to Sissy in re: the little girl aspect, but otherwise it's lost on me. Maybe it IS, as other have suggested, that we compensate for our lack of societal acceptance by turning toward regression. There would have to be studies done. But you know what? I tend to think that the truth lies in my first hypothesis: that we only have the appearance of a greater percentage due to the closed community we maintain.

But that's just my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    This could be a very touchy subject for some so it might be best, if you can't keep it neutral and avoid an emotional response, to not respond at all.

Just idle speculation at the moment but my scientific curiosity is making me wonder if there is some connection to all the variations we see on this site that *appear* to occur in higher numbers than what would be expected in the general population.

Aside from the variations among AB/DLs, what I'm referring to are things such as homosexuality, transgenderism, asexuality, bisexuality, sissy and furry tendencies, and also, I'm guessing here, more people affected by autism. All people experience a wide range of characteristics and emotions but what I'm saying is that the things I've mentioned seem to occur here at a higher rate than what would be expected in the overall population.

The special nature of this thread would attract people outside society's norm, but this doesn't explain why, for example, there may be a greater percentage of transexuals involved in AB/DL activity than the percentage of transexuals in the general population. (If that is actually the case.)

Does anyone else see it this way?
    I'd say its more a sign of the times (lately it feels like people wanting to be open about everything with everyone but only if they don't think they are alone), certain groups coming together under an "umbrella group" in this case diaper wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaWolfNagihiko View Post
    My other theory would be that people struggling with various life issues might be more likely to turn to ab/dl as a coping mechanism.
    Yeah -- that's my best guess. I'm convinced that it's a coping mechanism for a lot of ABDLs.

Maybe people with atypical sexualities, gender identities, autism, etc. have had more stress (whether from internal or external forces), and so are more likely than average to develop psychological coping mechanisms to reduce this stress.

I think all the possibilities suggested so far are all possible. The discussion has made me think of myself when I was very young. I realized I wanted to wear diapers again by the age of 4. By the age of 6 I was acting on it and there was some sort of memorable sexual gratification. I also enjoyed dressing up as a girl which my mom allowed when I was young, and I felt that same strange feeling that we associate with pre-pubescent sexual stimulation. I also fantasized about being an animal and damned if I didn't experience the same feeling. By the time I was 15 or 16, I started to become sexually attracted to other guys my approximate age.

So just looking at the question from my early experiences, for me, it would seem like there is a crossover sexually related connection, which I suppose is very weird. My wife would say, yes dogboy, you are weird.

I would love to know why I have my dl tendencies, had them for as long as I can remember. I'm autistic too, and a little bit homo! I'm well out the norm but why my fascination with nappies, is it linked to my autism?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk