Help hiding my diapers from my children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi. I'm a father on two ( 7 & 3). My wife in supportive, but wants to make sure our children don't find out. I only wear once they go to bed, but my young ones come in sometimes if they've had a bad dream or...

I'm also concerned about how to hide it as the get older.

Also, I have another question (sorry to unload). My wife has mild urinary incontinence as a result of having to have a hysterectomy at the age of 30. When she has to wear a heavy pad it kinda gets me excited. I feel really guilty about this. It is horribly inconvenient for her and I don't like feeling excited by her inconvenience. She is very supportive and has helped me more than I can say.

Sorry to ramble. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have no kids on my own, but my family has a lot of little snoopers around, If you want to hide them, do it somewhere kids can't have any access by any means, don't hide them in your bedroom unless its in a secret safe that only you have the key or combination for, only keep a few of them there and hide the full stash like I said somewhere your kids won't have any access ever, I wouldn't hide it at your work location unless you're the boss of the place and can have a private place there to hide the stuff and you have the key to open the building at any time.

For your 3yrs old, I wouldn't even risk it, they are much more smarter than we think, but you probably already know that by then, but if he accidentally find them, you could probably explain its for your grandma/grandpa or someone old in your family, don't explain anything more than that, especially if he's not fully potty trained right now. If he wants to try one, you can offer it to him, he will probably find it very very funny (especially if he's fully potty trained) I don't think it would cause any arm to him either, same thing for your 7 yrs old, it could work if one of your relatives wear them for real but for the oldest, you can explain things a little bit further as why some old people could start to need diapers again, but I'm not sure how I would do it so he would be able to understand it.

Just keep your bedroom locked.

MusicLover3889 said:
Just keep your bedroom locked.

Clearly you don't have kids of your own to suggest this one, especially little ones of the age he stated, the youngest could need to crawl into mommy and daddy bed at anytime.

I dont have kids either but could you try a cupboard/wardrobe out of their reach?

You're not going to be able to hide them forever, no matter how well concealed you keep them. My advice is to just keep them low key as you have been. Not if, but when, they find out just be honest. Do what you can to down play your diapers though, and don't make them into a big deal. It'll blow over before you know it, and they probably won't even care.

As for feeling excited, I kind of get that. By sharing the same need for diapers (even if for different reasons), then the two of you are kind of in the same boat. You'd think this would bring you closer too. Unfortunately it sounds like your wife just doesn't feel that way about diapers (or pads even). For now, the bst you can do for her is to keep being supportive. Help her come to terms with needing them, and help her realize they are not an inconvenience. Diapers and pads are the opposite of that, and help us get back out there and live our lives. Without diapers and pads we'd all be hermits living on nothing but a toilet. Now that would be inconvenient.

This is sort of the age old problem. Where do adults stash their private things? Guys have been trying to hide Playboys and Hustlers from the eyes of their kids for years. This is just like that. I have two kids as well but neither of them really goes in our room. I keep my main stash in a dresser drawer with a normal shirt covering it all, just in case they should pull open that drawer, which is always closed. But I'm not too worried since they don't snoop around (to my knowledge). I may even try getting a box that can fit underneath my bed with a lock on it. Maybe an old briefcase (no pun intended) or suitcase with a combination lock?

Tommycombs said:
This is sort of the age old problem. Where do adults stash their private things? Guys have been trying to hide Playboys and Hustlers from the eyes of their kids for years. This is just like that. I have two kids as well but neither of them really goes in our room. I keep my main stash in a dresser drawer with a normal shirt covering it all, just in case they should pull open that drawer, which is always closed. But I'm not too worried since they don't snoop around (to my knowledge). I may even try getting a box that can fit underneath my bed with a lock on it. Maybe an old briefcase (no pun intended) or suitcase with a combination lock?

Didn't you ever snoop when you were a kid, and your parents werent home? I know I did, as well as my siblings, as well as most kids who are normally inquisitive.

I knew about my dad's gun collection hidden deep under his bed and stashed behind a bunch of winter clothes. That were also wrapped up in a sheet (no locks either). And that was when I was about 10 years old.

Trust me, do not assume you will have them propery secured and hidden away. If they are locked away, they will try and guess the combination or look for the key too.

Oh, and suitcase and cheap bycicle locks will have the number wheels tight when wrong, but become a little bit loose when on the right number. It's so surprisingly simple to "break" the lock code on them. New or hardly used master locks are the same way. Just enough extra play when the number is right. Go slow and they're so easy to break even a kid can do it.

CodyBaby said:
Clearly you don't have kids of your own to suggest this one, especially little ones of the age he stated, the youngest could need to crawl into mommy and daddy bed at anytime.
Correct you are. I have no children yet.

Thank you for all of the comments.

Yes, it probably is inevitable, and I don't know how I'm going to explain it. I think I can keep it hidden for a few more years.

Any suggestions for discretion while wearing? At the moment, I think this might be my biggest risk.

I also really appreciate the feedback about my wife.

Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm going through exactly the same thing right now. I have a 7 year old and a 15 year old. Seems like there's really only two options, as you've discovered. Purge that side of you. Avoid using them or even having them around. Diaper abstinence. Nobody ever finds out that way. But of course we all know we can't suppress our ABDL side forever so that means the only other option is to participate discreetly. There's always going to be some risk of people finding out, which is the road of acceptance we have to make. I suggested in a similar thread, to come up with down to earth explanations on the chance they should discover. But at the same time, as a parent, you can raise them to be accepting of different people and interests. Show them how to examine others with understanding and compassion and teach them to look beyond those differences.

I started wearing discretely recently using advice from these very boards. I've got two pairs of baggy cargo pants, which are both noisy when I walk so that helps disguise any crinkle sounds. I also wear my vinyl pants over the diaper which also conceals noise but tends to make me sweat down there a bit more. I always wear a shirt that is plenty long enough to cover the front of my pants. There's quite a few good ideas on how to do the stealth thing. Heck, it's part of my new lifestyle so I have to get it right too!

Funny, this site used to be about teens hiding diapers from their parents.

So I have the same approach as Tommycombs. Good screen name by the way! I have a few options for pants that I feel hide things well. I use Seni Quatro and Seni SuperPlus cause they are soft and don't crinkle very much. I do like the plastic backed but I can't get over the noise issues as I want to be discreet. First, I always have boxers on over the diaper. I make sure the waistband is over the top of the diaper and above the belt line of the pants. I do this even when not wearing. I have some cargo shorts and Tall T-shirts that make a great combo for summer. Jeans in winter work great. When lounging at night I have some fleece PJ bottoms that really hide bulges well, again with long t-shirt. With this strategy I have been able to fake even my wife many times. She is super sensitive to any possible crinkle noises as we both want to keep my DL thing a secret from my adult kids who live in the house for as long as possible. I know that my kids would be OK with my usage but still I don't want it to be obvious or annoying.

As for my stash, that is another story. I have a large Master Closet that I installed some IKEA shelves. I installed a good sized door on one section. Behind this door is my stash and other non ABDL toys. We have always promoted privacy with our kids but I do not have a lock on the door. So if they go into the closet for something and start to poke around they will see. I used to poke around a lot in my parents room. They were pretty much never home so I had the house to myself at 11 years old until after 6PM. That is not the case for me now. My wife doesn't work and runs the household. So the kids don't really get the time to go snooping. If they need something they ask.

I think I have come to grips with my DL side thanks to this forum and some heart-to-heart talks with my wife. We have been through a lot together and managed our demons placed there from our parents. We have had to cut off communication with both of our parents so that is a lot to cope with. I'm really grateful for the open-minded, accepting nature of the participants on this forum.

wait til the kids are in bed, don't wear when they are up.

NMDL said:
Hi. I'm a father on two ( 7 & 3). My wife in supportive, but wants to make sure our children don't find out. I only wear once they go to bed, but my young ones come in sometimes if they've had a bad dream or...

I'm also concerned about how to hide it as the get older.

Well, as a father of three and my youngest now old enough to be driving a car, I have been through all of this and continue to do so. I think that gives me at least some experience in this matter.

For me, I ordered a 5F743DYPR safe that is hidden behind a false front bookshelf that when you press on the hidden button at the top of the bookcase it slides open, revealing the safe behind. It is then secured with a biometric scanner that scans my retina and fingerprints both, then activated with a voice recognition and secret code word. Just to be safe, I placed an internal combustion device that if the incorrect password is stated more than twice it will incinerate the contents inside, rendering no possible recognition of its contents.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

Of course I am joking about the safe and all of this. But the question that you shared is actually not a joking matter... It is something that I personally have been very careful about and both have a locking bedroom as well as keep my diapers and little things very much secured away from both little and older prying eyes.

While I cannot be 100% certain that my children have never found these things nor know of my ABDL interests, it has not been something that has come up or has been of a concern. I also do wear diapers occasionally under my clothes discreetly around the house, at work, and in public. And never have I gotten so much as a second look that I have seen. I usually wear a shirt that is of crinkly type fabric that helps mask the sound and while I don't go to lengths on end to disguise it, I am cognizant of what I wear and careful not to wear clothes that would be revealing of my diaper underneath.

For me, my wearing of diapers and being ABDL is not something that I feel I should share with my children. If, despite my precautions, this was discovered and I was approached about it. I would be honest about it.

:detective3
Having shared this, I have also experienced something very unique and not probably very common. At least I haven;t heard of others who have had this happen.

A few years back, I found evidence that led me to suppose that my youngest son may also have had an interest in diapers. I found this "evidence" in the trash in the form of used training pull ups in the trash (and they weren't mine). I also found on the internet history some searches and sites that had been visited to this nature that were not something I had visited. Hence, it was obvious there was some exploring going on.

I pondered about this quite a bit and eventually approached my son about what I had found. This was done in kind of a special setting, out in the fields and in a neutral setting. While at first he just kind of kept his head held low, as I shared with him that I knew that others also had this interest and it was not something that made him weird or so different, and also that I loved him, he acknowledged this with me. I did not tell him that I shared in this interest. I thought quite a bit about that beforehand and also have done so since that time. And I believe that while there may have been some benefit to him knowing that his dad also had this interest, I felt strongly that it was not appropriate for me to share that with him at that time. Rather, I expressed my love for him and told him that I understood why he had these feelings and let him kind of lead the way in what he was willing to share. He didn't share a lot, but as we talked I felt him open up and when we were finished, I let him know that if he ever needed to talk about it, that I was there.

Since that time, and a few years have now passed, there hasn't been much more conversation about this, other than upon a couple of occasions he has in passing made a very slight comment that he is not having any troubles or concerns with this.

I cannot say for certain, but based on the relationship that I have with my son now, I believe this was the right thing to do. I wish I could have actually had this kind of conversation with my own parents when I was younger, as I thought I was the only one and just some sort of freak. If someone had just talked with me then and let me know that others had this interest and it didn't make me a bad person... well.. that would have been a good thing.

NMDL said:
Also, I have another question (sorry to unload). My wife has mild urinary incontinence as a result of having to have a hysterectomy at the age of 30. When she has to wear a heavy pad it kinda gets me excited. I feel really guilty about this. It is horribly inconvenient for her and I don't like feeling excited by her inconvenience. She is very supportive and has helped me more than I can say.

Sorry to ramble. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you!

So, your wife is your wife and as such I would hope that you might have a relationship where lots of things about her get you excited. Having some sort of arousal or interest in her wearing incontinence products that is related to your own feelings of wanting to wear is not something I think is a bad thing or something you should be ashamed of. You are indeed fortunate that she is supportive of you in your ABDL interests. Perhaps this might be something that you might find a way to be something to build in your relationship as you share intimate things about yourself and she with you. But I certainly wouldn't force or pressure the issue. It is entirely possible that if she has mild urinary incontinence that she could be uncomfortable with the thought of this being something to be excited about. Go with your instincts and be cognizant of what her needs are.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck in this. As for my own relationship with my spouse, there is much deeper stories to be shared, but it is not a relationship that has worked out, diapers and other ABDL things aside, and has been a very painful experience for me.

But... back to your questions...

I wish you the most of happiness in what you do. Don't stress about whether your children will find out. You don't need to purchase the model 5F743DYPR safe that I spoke of. I think there are other ways to handle this where you can be successful in not having your children know of your ABDL interests, but also being prepared if it might come out.

Thank you for your post and sharing of your concerns. You are not the only one who has experienced these questions and you are not alone. I admire you for thinking of these things and also the concern about your family. I sincerely wish you the best with this.

:detective3 Teddy Bear Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back