alcohol....scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
With family?

Don't.

Family is forever; they can't be replaced.

Or perhaps do a 'token' amount to acknowledge 'being of age'.

Perhaps ask family what they drink?

Figure out alcohol with those your own age, on your own time, away from family.

Right, wrong, or whatever; family is not the time to go 'fishing in uncharted waters'.

The results, even if not planned, can 'taint' relationships for life.

pd8615 said:
With family?

Don't.

Family is forever; they can't be replaced.

Or perhaps do a 'token' amount to acknowledge 'being of age'.

Perhaps ask family what they drink?

Figure out alcohol with those your own age, on your own time, away from family.

Right, wrong, or whatever; family is not the time to go 'fishing in uncharted waters'.

The results, even if not planned, can 'taint' relationships for life.

Don't most people have their first drink with their parents? It's not a bad idea to have your parents around you when you start drinking, just to make sure you don't overdo it.

I imaging your family are going to be less interested in getting you blind drunk than your mates (or your mates' mates) might be...

tiny said:
Don't most people have their first drink with their parents? It's not a bad idea to have your parents around you when you start drinking, just to make sure you don't overdo it.

I imaging your family are going to be less interested in getting you blind drunk than your mates (or your mates' mates) might be...

It's pretty region-dependent I'd guess. I didn't have my first drink with my parents and honestly it probably would have been quite uncomfortable. In the states I think most people just go off to college and get hammered.

Of course, the first drink my parents think I've had is some champagne I had with them on Christmas. But they don't have to know the truth.

Also for OP: Don't get wasted, just have a few. Don't be like one of my friends who at a party last week had 15 shots in 2 hours. It's not worth it.

If you do not want to drink - for any reason - don't. I have only had 1/3 of a Planter's Punch at age 21, but nothing since. Others should respect your wishes.

Don't do this, friend of my niece is 6ft under because of theses stupid binge drinking games, she was turning 18 when it happened late in 2011...

You'll be fine and drinking in a social setting can be a fun thing. Try to guide the conversation and stay in big groups. Just be responsible and stay hydrated. I recommend having gatorade, bananas, or orange juice to maintain potassium and avoid hangovers.

paddedone said:
Just be responsible and stay hydrated. I recommend having gatorade, bananas, or orange juice to maintain potassium and avoid hangovers.

Ha ha! It's not ecstasy! :)

But yeah -- drinking water is a good idea if you're battered.

Seriously, though, anyone asking about alcohol isn't an experienced drinker... So they're not going to get off their face the first time they sip a bit of alcohol are they? (Well... I hope not!) "Going out on the piss" is something you build up to... so you know you can handle yourself; not something you do on a whim, when a drop of alcohol has hitherto ne'er passed your lips.

There's no need to go "binge drinking" (especially if you're not much of a drinker), and you definitely should not take any drug to excess the first time you try it. You need to use it in moderation first, to know how your body handles it (mentally, physically, and with hindsight). And to do so amongst people you trust (parents, close friends, etc.) so that you are safe.

Recreational drugs can be useful tools in breaking down psychological or social barriers and improving relationships. They can also cause addiction, isolation and ill health. So use drugs sensibly -- don't go overboard. Take precautions, and stay in control.

If you stay in control, there's no danger of you blurting out your "great big ABDL secret" to anyone.

Just... take it easy :)

Eat snacks and exercise a bunch, and you won't get drunk as easily.

If you have no desire to spill the beans, you won't! It's still you when you drink, you don't lose complete control!

tiny said:
It's 5 years old at home. On licensed premises, it's 16 years old for beer, wine or cider with a meal, 18 for everything else.

I wouldn't worry about revealing your secrets when you're drunk, unless you're the kind of person that ends up highly emotional after drinking (in which case, take it easy or don't drink).
i have never been drunk before I normally have a few shots of vodka

Hahahahaha. Fair enough. Some of the effects come from dehydration, so mitigating is fine if the person is nervous (though they'll be frequenting the potty quite often). They could always go the abdl method of drinking pedialite before or after.

icklespace said:
i have never been drunk before I normally have a few shots of vodka

No; that usually happens after you've had a few shots of vodka, whether you have them normally or not! :tongueout:

Ive been extra baked and schwasted and never spilled anything. I think u r good.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Alcohol is a bladder irritant so diapers will be on your mind, and not on your waist pace yourself .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Whose idea was it to go get drunk on your special day anyway? It sounds like it was their idea not yours to begin with. I'd saw your best course of action is "put your foot down" and say no. Be firm and make them plan something else. You shouldn't be required to get drunk or have any alchohol against your will just because you've just become of age. If it was someone else's party and you had a social obligation to attend I'd say something like "Try to have as little alchohol as possible" or "Try to drink responsibly" or something. However its YOUR party. If you don't want to spend it drinking, don't let them make you. Don't let peer pressure make you do something you'll regret later or even waste your birthday part because they said you should.

Personally I will NEVER get drunk and won't even touch alchohol unless its a ceremonial sip or two as part of a very important ritual for someone I feel an obligation to please. My parents drink responsible amounts of wine every night so I know people can drink responsibly but they respect my decision to not touch achohol as any decent person should.

Sorry if that sounded like a rant.

I hope you will err on the side of caution. From reading the posts of various members' experience and advice here, it is patently obvious that people react in many different ways to alcohol.
I react in different ways depending on mood and circumstance, sometimes remaining in grim control, sometimes, when with a congenial friend, with careless abandon of tongue. Once I was fairly far gone along with a close associate, and almost rambled into my secret zone, rather daring myself into brinkmanship. Afterwards I was VERY thankful that some kind of automatic brake in my psyche halted my tongue at the last moment, and I rambled onto something else out of the danger area. Unfortunately this particular friend had a very loose tongue, and tended to behave in the community as a kind of 'town crier', so I was quite sure any secret told him would soon be common gossip throughout the district. This could have hurt me, but would also have been devastating to any other friends caught up in the story!

Now you are an adult (at least under British law) you and only you are responsible for your actions, which includes your drinking People are far more likely to respect you for declaring your limits than if you give way to their persuasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back