Anyone pick up Mario Kart 8 for the Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshiDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm just wondering if any of the Switch owners on here have bought Mario Kart 8 yet and what your thoughts are. I got it Friday, and even though I have owned it since its original launch on the Wii U, I'm really enjoying playing it again. It's been really nice to take with me when I go places, especially since at anytime I can separate the controllers and play two player. I have even had a few people decide they are going to pick it up and a Switch because they like being able to always play two player no matter where they are.

Yup, I got it. I have to have a bunch of my friends over one day and play it again like we did when it first came out for the Wii U.

ClandestineWing said:
Yup, I got it. I have to have a bunch of my friends over one day and play it again like we did when it first came out for the Wii U.

Same, I was the only one of my friends with a Wii U so every time we got together I always brought Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. Now two of us have a Switch so the next time we're all together I'm sure we'll be playing Mario Kart. I have been taking the Switch to work with Mario Kart and been playing two player with people there on our lunches.

Yup, it's great!

Yes!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't know why, but I've never been a big fan of Mario Kart :sweatdrop:
I am planning to get a Switch someday though I don't know when. No rush.

ShippoFox said:
I don't know why, but I've never been a big fan of Mario Kart :sweatdrop:
I am planning to get a Switch someday though I don't know when. No rush.

There aren't really a lot of good games for it right now, but the console shows a lot of potential. I only have Mario Kart and Zelda. But I doubt the price for the system is going to drop soon, since the demand is still much much higher than the supply.

ClandestineWing said:
There aren't really a lot of good games for it right now, but the console shows a lot of potential. I only have Mario Kart and Zelda. But I doubt the price for the system is going to drop soon, since the demand is still much much higher than the supply.

I have a bunch of games to play right now for PC and other systems. I'm in no hurry... but I might give up and get a Switch if/when it gets more games.

ShippoFox said:
I have a bunch of games to play right now for PC and other systems. I'm in no hurry... but I might give up and get a Switch if/when it gets more games.

I would definitely recommend a Switch when you feel you're ready for one. I totally understand waiting until more games get released, it is a little sparse right now. Since being a college student and working, I have been amazed how much gaming time I can get in now. Before the Switch I was lucky to get more than a few hours a week some weeks, but now I can take the Switch and play it anywhere. I would say the biggest difference from the Switch vs. other handhelds is that it is a full console experience, so when you play it you're playing a full console game and when you get home and dock it, it becomes a full console on your TV. As gimmicky as the two joy-cons can look, it has been great to be in the break room at work and play some multiplayer games with other co workers as I always have two controllers with me.

Although this wasn't the question per se, I plan on buying a Nintendo Switch around Christmas at the latest - as a present for myself. :D And - to bridge the gap to this topic - my first game will definitely be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I really liked the first one a lot (probably my favourite part of the series since Mario Kart 64) and stuff like the new... old multiplayer mode, the reintroduction of carrying two items at once, the pre-installed DLCs and especially the new Splatoon drivers I've read about make it all the better in my opinion. Until that time and when I've finished MK8DX so far, the line-up for the Switch will also be a bit more diverse, I guess. ^^

Sepia said:
Although this wasn't the question per se, I plan on buying a Nintendo Switch around Christmas at the latest - as a present for myself. :D And - to bridge the gap to this topic - my first game will definitely be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I really liked the first one a lot (probably my favourite part of the series since Mario Kart 64) and stuff like the new... old multiplayer mode, the reintroduction of carrying two items at once, the pre-installed DLCs and especially the new Splatoon drivers I've read about make it all the better in my opinion. Until that time and when I've finished MK8DX so far, the line-up for the Switch will also be a bit more diverse, I guess. ^^

I think Christmas will be a great time to pickup a Switch. By that point there will be a decent library of games and hopefully a few console bundles. I am really looking forward to Splatoon 2 as well. Hopefully by Christmas there will be some sort of virtual console as I'm ready to replay so older classics on the go.

Im waiting at least a year till the switch is perfected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back