Thread: Massive gas leak evacuation

Default Massive gas leak evacuation

There was a loud explosion heard in downtown a few hours ago, not that far from me. It was caused by a massive gas leakduring some construction work being done by the city of Ottawa.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/o...tawa-1.4095670

Initially, four large buildings were evacuated, but the perimieter was pushed back to a four block radius. If it is pushed further back, my area will have to evacuate as well. Apparently, people can actually hear the hissing of the leak from several blocks away.

There's a strong smell of gas throughout the downtown core, but at least my building is south of it and the wind is not blowing it in our direction. Emergency crews and the gas company are still working on trying to isolate the leak.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Not nervous a bit!

Never a dull moment in the nations capital.

Gtfo, carbon monoxide can be deadly, the reason you may be smelling it stems from the additive in the natural gas.

Was there an explosion and was anyone hurt? We've had some horrible gas explosions in the U. S. with the explosions leveling buildings and killing people.

There was a huge leak of escaping gas in Washington D. C. today, but it was just our President and congress.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Was there an explosion and was anyone hurt? We've had some horrible gas explosions in the U. S. with the explosions leveling buildings and killing people.

There was a huge leak of escaping gas in Washington D. C. today, but it was just our President and congress.
    I thought that was just hot air. Or the smell of manure.

Well, everyone survived, and the streets are back to normal today. It was total chaos. The four-block radius is primarily an intensive business area with thousands of people in high rise buildings. Evacuation alarms were going throughout the buildings while police, firefighters, paramedics were going into every restaurant or store telling people to get out out. It wasn't until the end of the day that people were able to return and get to their cars. The buses were rerouted but nobody knew where to get them, so there was mass confusion on the streets, but no one was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post

I thought he just gives people gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner View Post
    Well, everyone survived, and the streets are back to normal today. It was total chaos. The four-block radius is primarily an intensive business area with thousands of people in high rise buildings. Evacuation alarms were going throughout the buildings while police, firefighters, paramedics were going into every restaurant or store telling people to get out out. It wasn't until the end of the day that people were able to return and get to their cars. The buses were rerouted but nobody knew where to get them, so there was mass confusion on the streets, but no one was hurt.

I thought he just gives people gas.
    It sounds horrible and dangerous for a lot of people. I'm glad no one was killed. I hope no one was seriously injured.

As for Trump, I'm afraid he gives me more than just gas. Now he's fooling around with the "pre-existing clause regarding health insurance.