Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyJacob98

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
When does the ABD" lifestyle becomes unhealthy? I don't mean a rash or too much cuddling... Can it prevent me from living my adulthood to the fullest?

What exactly is adulthood supposed to be full of? :)

It's definitely going to make your life unusual compared to normal people. (I deliberately did not use quotes around that word. Everyone knows what it means.)
It's your life. It's unique.

The line is if you obsess to the point where it gets in the way of you living your life or causes you to behave irresponsibly. Self inflicted incontinence, or falsely claiming disability for free diapers are what I would consider over the line.

Personally I dont care if you wear to the point where you become incontinent; just be responsible about it. Just because we're childish doesn't mean dont have responsibilities.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snivy
“Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be.” Eleanor Roosevelt.

I agree with Drifter about deciding for yourself what adulting is. I know grown men who still play and collect model trains. My best friend has a Star Wars memorabilia collection to rival Planet Hollywood. I collect retro video games. Adults do childish things all the time. Some may see it as recapturing their youth or being nostalgic, but however you view it many people look back to their glory days. They remember how happy these activities made them and how indulging in them now is an important part of who they are. I know from my own experience collecting and playing retro video games gives me a real sense of identity, it helps me be, well, me!

When it comes to ABDL lifestyle choices then managing the balance is key to finding happiness. Some wear 24/7 without worry, ask our Trevor! Some may find the compulsions taking over and need to take regular breaks from it all. As already mentioned, do not let it take over the day to day life that you have to get through. I think we have all been there when all we can think about is diapers and other paraphernalia. It consumes your mind and thoughts, it stops you functioning in the real world. Every little mention or sight of a diaper sends you into a whirl. Find the happy medium.

Another aspect that comes up regularly when discussing the balance is keeping things fun. If living the ABDL life stops being fun or relaxing then maybe it is time to take a break again, get back to wanting the experience. If it becomes mundane and unfulfilling then rediscovering the magic can be difficult. But at the end of it all you only have yourself and your happiness. What works for you, how much or how little, is a personal journey. Only by questioning yourself and your desires can you know how overbearing your indulgences are.

Drifter said:
What exactly is adulthood supposed to be full of?

That's exactly what I am asking myself ALL the time. Sooooo difficult to answer. I know we all are different and we can't be measured by the same ruler. I know that there is not a deffinition of a normal adulthood. However I'm worried it may prevent me from something, from some kind of a milestone in the future. I want to say: through our journey, we earn experience...abilities...skills...people. so to say- I will never experience 'something' because I'm AB-I will never be the best version of me. What if... the future holds something much better, if I had not been AB? Can this be considered as a weakness, therefore an unhealthy attribute of my personality. Or can it be seen as a rock sticked to my leg which slowes me down. What if I get hurt in the long run from momental indulging in AB lifestyle.
What the hell?! Does it make sense? I'm confused.

I've heard members on this site say they weren't going out with friends because they wanted to stay home so they could be diapered. Again, if it's interfering with the things you would normally do were diapers aren't involved, it becomes a problem.

dogboy said:
I've heard members on this site say they weren't going out with friends because they wanted to stay home so they could be diapered. Again, if it's interfering with the things you would normally do were diapers aren't involved, it becomes a problem.

There is always time for diapers when you get home guys! Or diaper up in a thinner diaper or in stealth!

That's what I do, I just live life like I would wearing ordinary underwear!

BabyJacob98 said:
That's exactly what I am asking myself ALL the time. Sooooo difficult to answer. I know we all are different and we can't be measured by the same ruler. I know that there is not a deffinition of a normal adulthood. However I'm worried it may prevent me from something, from some kind of a milestone in the future. I want to say: through our journey, we earn experience...abilities...skills...people. so to say- I will never experience 'something' because I'm AB-I will never be the best version of me. What if... the future holds something much better, if I had not been AB? Can this be considered as a weakness, therefore an unhealthy attribute of my personality. Or can it be seen as a rock sticked to my leg which slowes me down. What if I get hurt in the long run from momental indulging in AB lifestyle.
What the hell?! Does it make sense? I'm confused.
Seems like I should be able to offer some answers to your questions. Being confused myself I have plenty of experience with the phenomenon. :)

Actually there is a pretty good, practical, definition of "normal adulthood" but it is more intuitive than technical so it can't be put into words that everyone would agree with. "Normal" is a useful cultural convention and whatever your interpretation of that word is it is probably just fine.

It's true that if you spend a massive amount of time in a self induced infantile state you may miss out on hunting grizzlies in the Rockies, but that could be true of any activity you might engage in. You'll drive yourself crazy if you spend too much time dwelling on the thought "Gee, if I hadn't been doing this I could have been doing that". I could be wrong but I detect a sense of guilt in what you are saying. That's normal. One of society's main jobs is to make us feel guilty and it does that pretty effectively.

I'm going to jump to a conclusion here and say there are two levels to your questions: Practical and Spiritual.

On the practical side you are aware of expectations being imposed on you by society and also by your own feelings. You will make practical decisions on a daily basis and sometimes you will be troubled by the decisions you make. When you are troubled try to figure out if relief requires a change in attitude or a change in behavior. Go with your gut feeling and don't worry if you made the 'best' choice. Keep in mind that nothing is permanent and that life is a matter of trial and error. If you're not making mistakes you are doing something wrong. :) (I love these silly, philosophical, contradictions)

The practical side makes you want to meet self imposed and social obligations. You want to be self supporting to the best of your ability, within reason of course, and you also want to contribute to your relationships and to society in general. As a DL you enjoy wearing diapers, so enjoy it within the limits you set for yourself. As an AB embrace and enjoy the B when it surfaces, but do the same for the A. There is nothing wrong with being practical. The greatest spiritual leaders of all time still had to eat, sleep, piss, and shit. (and enjoy a beer now and then, and maybe even a paid 'romance') :)

I can't give you any real advice on the spiritual side of your quest because I have not become enlightened myself. I'm trying but I'm struggling with laziness. To me, your concern that you may not be "the best version of me" definitely goes beyond mere practical considerations and enters the realm of existential or spiritual wonder. Philosophy and religion deal with this matter but my advice here is - explore these things but don't take philosophical or religious words as an answer. This is based on my personal belief that you will never find the answer in words because, in some way, you are the answer.

Reactions: LifeGoesOn223
I got heard. Thank you.

I'm in this club a lot of time. But (indeferent if or not ABDL) inmature people generate more problems than adult and responsable part. What I see irresposable ? - Ignoring general rules, like way traffic law for example. You can't imagine how many people gets me angry because are using phone when driving etc.

I can't share anything with someone who lives 24/7/365 (IC not counts here - that's anther case) for and because diapres.

I like to use some babish stuff, but when I've to be adult, so I'm adult. But exist a lot of people which phisically are adults, but mentall part of them is babish - and there problem starts.

We can have some rights, but also we've lot of responsabilities.

I'm not 24/7/365 in baby mode. Barely an hour a week. Just making it clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back