Thread: Hello from the Southern part of the Rocky Mountains!

Default Hello from the Southern part of the Rocky Mountains!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

My name is Aetrenox and I have been visiting the forums off and on for a couple of years. After being a silent guest for so I long, I figured it was finally time to create an account and join in on some of the discussion that takes place here.

So, like many, I am here because I have a love of diapers. Itís something that I have enjoyed ever since I was a kid and I have spent many years hiding the fact. The time for hiding, and not acknowledging my interests, is over. To make this brief (get it? ^-^), thereís just something about the smell, look, and feel of diapers that have always made me, well, happy.

As for other interests: I like to work on computers. In fact, I am currently building a collection of computers from each major x86 processor generation. I also am a fan of motorcycles (both on and off-road) and I really enjoy driving around in the hills near where I live. I used to really enjoy playing video games (on the PC where God intended them to be played), but I just find that I either donít have the time or dedication to play them much anymore.

Back to why Iím here: Because of upbringing, I have spent a lot of time shutting my personal interests out because they are outside the ďnorm.Ē Things like D&D, fantasy reading, creating concept art, and other things of the sort were highly discouraged as a kid and thus I have never really been involved in communities that share similar interests. Some of these interests I simply gave up on when I was young and am now just getting back into them. After reading many posts on this forum, I have realized that I am not the only one who has faced similar issues. I suppose my ultimate goal for being here is to be a more social person and to be more accepting of myself!

Iím looking forward to being part of a community that shares a common interest, but I am also very much looking forward to being part of a community that knows that there are things outside of this interest.

Thank you all for your time and see you around the forums!

- Aetrenox

Quote Originally Posted by Aetrenox View Post
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

My name is Aetrenox and I have been visiting the forums off and on for a couple of years. After being a silent guest for so I long, I figured it was finally time to create an account and join in on some of the discussion that takes place here.

So, like many, I am here because I have a love of diapers. It’s something that I have enjoyed ever since I was a kid and I have spent many years hiding the fact. The time for hiding, and not acknowledging my interests, is over. To make this brief (get it? ^-^), there’s just something about the smell, look, and feel of diapers that have always made me, well, happy.

As for other interests: I like to work on computers. In fact, I am currently building a collection of computers from each major x86 processor generation. I also am a fan of motorcycles (both on and off-road) and I really enjoy driving around in the hills near where I live. I used to really enjoy playing video games (on the PC where God intended them to be played), but I just find that I either don’t have the time or dedication to play them much anymore.

Back to why I’m here: Because of upbringing, I have spent a lot of time shutting my personal interests out because they are outside the “norm.” Things like D&D, fantasy reading, creating concept art, and other things of the sort were highly discouraged as a kid and thus I have never really been involved in communities that share similar interests. Some of these interests I simply gave up on when I was young and am now just getting back into them. After reading many posts on this forum, I have realized that I am not the only one who has faced similar issues. I suppose my ultimate goal for being here is to be a more social person and to be more accepting of myself!

I’m looking forward to being part of a community that shares a common interest, but I am also very much looking forward to being part of a community that knows that there are things outside of this interest.

Thank you all for your time and see you around the forums!

- Aetrenox
    Hello and welcome to the site. You've written a very good and informative intro. I used to play a lot of video games in the past, both on computer and game players, but then I started writing a book and it took all of my free time. Now I'm trying to learn a lot of the compositions Chopin wrote for piano and that takes up my spare time, that and doing all the chores that home ownership demands.

I live in the foothills of the Shenandoah Mountains, a lot lot smaller than the Rockies, but still beautiful. Instead of motor cycles, I ride my Trek bike. We have a really nice bike trail that was an old rail line and runs through the rocky hills. It's always a thrill to get out into the fresh hill and ride through the rocks, trees and across the creeks and streams.