Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi peeps,

Kinda stumbled onto a pic of the Netdiapers Dinosaur and thought I would take a look... did I miss the controversy?

So peeps preordered these and anyone ever get them?

Guessing they are theoretically a Fabine?

I am a bit shy of dealing with most retailers now but still like to stickynose.

Won't catch me ordering from them

They already refunded any preorders. I've ordered 3 cases of Fabines from them. Got all 3 cases.

NetDiapers is owned by the shady people that used to own AB Universe back when they had a ton of issues and lots of controversy.

Ta and yep not planning on ordering from unreliable people.

I do love dinosaurs and diapers though and actually saw someone on YouTube review them but guessing it was a prerelease?

I bought some of the QTTY Rawr diapers, and didn't care much for them. They remind me a bit of a much thinner revision 1 crinklz, with the very crinkly shell and the overprint problems. (where the patterened yet transparent tape panel goes over an already paterned diaper, making a visual mess) Quality is okay though, they're about on par with the mydiaper variety, though I had problems with the tapes popping moreso than on any mydiaper - that may have just been my bad luck.

A lot of the web searches I did on "Netdiapers Dinosaur" came up with a diaper that clearly had buntewindel written on it, that'd be a fabine design. Those are very similar to bambino but with a thicker core and typically a MUCH higher price tag. (and are rarely available in quantity outside europe) https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...864-d79d-411f-8d29-d7e84973b02a_1024x1024.JPG

I don't know which of the two is being referred to here. I though the QTTY were okay in that they were a nice novel approach (and I encourage and support innovation in abdl diapers wherever I can) but capacity wasn't anything special, and price was only okay. About on par with mydiaper in many regards. They DID have one nice innovation however, a micofoam cuff that went around the front of the waistband, making them extremely comfortable. Never seen that in a diaper before. Very stretchy too.

My thanks for all this info, those QTTY look kinda interesting too.

I got a QTTY as a sample just this week. They're pretty bad. Just an overall cheap feel.

NovaDL said:
I got a QTTY as a sample just this week. They're pretty bad. Just an overall cheap feel.

when compared with any ABDL premium diaper or high end regular IC diaper, yes. but otherwise they're okay. On the plus side, that does make them extra crinkly, if you like that.

I wouldn't say "cheap," it's a different feel. The performance is OK, and I kind of think the plastic feel is interesting.

I bought from them because they had a buy one get one half off case sale, plus an additional 50% off your order coupon. It worked out to I think around $1.40 a diaper for the Fabines. I did receive it and I do love the Fabines, but without the 50% off sale, they are more expensive than ABU LittlePawz/Space diapers.

Fabines are softer and swell really nicely, but ABU's are thicker and last longer. Long as the tape issue is resolved and prices don't rise, I'll go with ABU on my next order.

One thing NetDiapers does right that ABU doesn't, is not hide the shipping fees into the product. So if you buy three cases, the shipping is less than half of buying one case three times. That's how bulk shipping works. But ABU won't pass those savings onto you, and you might as well just buy one case at a time.

goten said:
One thing NetDiapers does right that ABU doesn't, is not hide the shipping fees into the product. So if you buy three cases, the shipping is less than half of buying one case three times. That's how bulk shipping works.

I'm having a little difficulty parsing that sentence, but if I'm reading you right you're against "shipping included" prices.

Not including shipping benefits the customer when there are several items that can be shipped at once, since most of the cost of shipping smaller items is overhead. It may cost $9 to ship each of four small items individually, but cost only $12 to put them all in a slightly larger box and ship together.

It doesn't work that way with larger packages such as cases of diapers. You might get a little savings on a bag or two, but not a whole case.

I personally prefer it when ebay bills shipping together, because often it doesn't auto discount combined shipping properly and I have to contact the seller AFTER having checked out. And then they don't actually have to refund me anything. (most do, especially repeat business sellers, but sometimes they just ignore me and I have to eat all that extra shipping)

But I prefer it when diapers are billed with shipping built-in. That makes it much easier for me to judge immediately what things cost, and to compare and calculate value. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to cart something up and go almost to the PAY NOW button to get a total on cost for a case of diapers, just because I wanted to know the total price. And then in many cases I get an email a week later reminding me that I've "forgotten something in my cart". No, I didn't, you wouldn't quote me shipping without carting it, and yes I forgot to remove it after getting the price. Also, I don't think they get any "bulk discount" by having several packages go to the same address. If they want a discount, they have to tape the cases together (xp medical and some others do this) so it's one larger package. It won't cost quite double, so they save a few dollars on shipping but it's not much.

Also, commercial shippers get their best discounts from shipping to commercial destinations. That's why when you go to ship a package there's a check box "this is commercial address?" Shipping is less to commercial addresses, probably because they expect they'll be driving out there with several packges and save a trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back