Parents Out of Town Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
So I've discussed this before but I'm about a month away from putting my plan into action. My parents are going to be gone for 10 days. I'm not sure when my exact window is yet. However the point of this is I'm going to be going full 24/7 for this time to see what it's like. I'm going to buy a half case (40 Diapers) of Abu preschool and have it sent to my house hopefully timed so that it's delivered as after my parents leave. Originally I was going to get 20 but I have a few coupons thag will pretty much lower the price to the point were I would get another 20 for just 7 dollars so Its cost effective for me to get 40.

Only problems I see is doing this is disposal of dirty diapers and how many I have after I'm done for the 10 days. I'm moving off to college soon and need to clear out my stash before I move into the dorms. So I can hopefully use 30 of them, then have 10 to just play with over the course of a month and a half. The other problem is I will be working most likely and probably will not wear during any of that so I might have a lot of left over diapers from that.

Supplies wise I'll be perfect. Got baby powder, baby wipes, bags to throw away dirty or wet ones, and a place to store all of it.

So really when it comes down to it, I'm worried about having more diapers then I can actually use on a normal schedule. 40 is quite a large number for me. I've never had that many at one time. Guess it depends on how many diaper changes I'll be doing, and that I can't wear during long work shifts. I work in retail and I really don't wanna have to deal with diapers while also dealing with customers all day. Sounds like it could lead to some awkward moments. So I might actually request work off for that week, save up, have some time to myself.

Edit: The last part I need to plan out for is hoping Abu isn't out of stock on there medium diapers when I try and get the preschools. They just got instock for them and there is no way I'm getting 40 diapers into the house until they are gone. So I can't order them until I know it's safe for them to be delievered.

I've disscused this once before but I wanna know what people think, any suggestions on what I should do? I wanna blog about my experiences each day too. It's not gonna happen for awhile but I'm so excited to be able to try this.

I would think the biggest part of that you need to plan out is how to store all of those diapers. With 40 you're going to need a decent amount of room, and you also need figure out how do store and dispose of all the used ones. If it were me I would figure out where I can store all of the clean diapers in case you get a surprise visit from someone, I would also figure out how to manage the odor and dispose of the used diapers quickly and effectively so you don't have to worry about getting caught.

yoshiDL said:
I would think the biggest part of that you need to plan out is how to store all of those diapers. With 40 you're going to need a decent amount of room, and you also need figure out how do store and dispose of all the used ones. If it were me I would figure out where I can store all of the clean diapers in case you get a surprise visit from someone, I would also figure out how to manage the odor and dispose of the used diapers quickly and effectively so you don't have to worry about getting caught.

I got that all planned out pretty well. Trash day is Thursday night so I need to just make sure I've cleaned everything up by then. I also have a good amount of space in my closet for all the diapers. Only thing is using a good amount of the 40 before their trip is over.

you could set up a blogger blog on google, those are easy to set up and write up each day and the experience, seen other people do that with diaper wearing activities.

yeah 40 is excessive for a week, (6/day) but you're probably going to want to hang onto at least a small amount for later. Figure out what you can store. Plan on 4-5/day and just change frequently. Change for bed, change when you get up, that's two more changes during the day. Excessive for full use, but if you're active then they diapers will be physically wearing out a bit anyway and you'll enjoy being able to shift into a fresh clean diaper several times a day.

Diapers consume 2-3x the space to dispose of than they come in, and wet diapers can be heavy. This weight really adds up too. Just find a publicly accessible dumpster nearby. Some places are sensitive about random people filling their dumpster though, so consider your options and be discrete. What I'm saying is don't be surprised if you drive over to an apartment building nearby, get out, pull a bag out of your trunk and get ready to toss it in their dumpster and have someone come running out of the building yelling at you. Some places have had problems with "non-members" filling their dumpster and their tennants running out of space, so it can be a justified response.

†ry to have at least 5 diapers left to hang onto when your party's over. Otherwise you're going to be seriously regretting cold-turkey after a week of splurging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back