How do you put on your diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually do it standing as I seem to get better results. I pull my diaper between my legs and position the back where it needs to be and then use the wall to hold it while position the front and get rid of the slack and then I do top tapes then bottom tapes in a z pattern with top tapes positioned slightly downward to pull the back of the diaper close and the bottom tapes I try to keep around midway up so as not to restrict my leg movement yet no so high that the back tries to ride up my hips.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I put them on standing up, I open up the diaper and make sure the inner leak guards are up and the leg gathers are correct then hold in in between my legs and tape one bottom tape on one side then move to the other bottom tape then can tape the rest for a snug but not too tight of a fit, on depends I keep the tapes close to each other, I usually set the back a little higher and then have the top front elastic folds over a bit, that way the back elastic keeps it stretchy and the front folded a bit so it's comfortable. on Depends I don't always use all 6 tapes some times I only use 4 so it fits more like a kids diaper then granny pants but there is some lot number variation with Depends so some lot batches don't work using only 2 tapes preside, I separate the lot numbers out so the ones I can use 2 tapes a side I save for use at home.

I don't pre-tape because I want a good exact fit each time and if I am out and about I would need to take my pants off in a public rest room and that is something I don't like to ever do. I find that my weight can vary during the week both up and down and fixed tapes won't be ideal for me. But If I want to wear a vintage diaper I will tape it up and slide it off and give the glue in the tapes some time to set, a 20 year old depends the tape's adhesive is some times a bit weak so pre-taping works great for them.
I guess for Diapers I am OCD lol

I wear pull ups and plastic diaper cover at work. But when I get home my mommy gives me a bath and changes me into a cloth diaper and a clean diaper cover which I wear until the next morning.

wackoreese said:
I can never get the tapes to center even when I try to hold the wing in place.

That's why you need to memorize where the tapes go once you do have them adjusted correctly. So next time you won't have to guess and fight the tapes.

Majority of the time its laying down, occasionally its standing up with my butt to the wall, I like laying down because its easier to put powder on. As far as taping, yes knowing ahead of time how the diaper sits on your body (everyone is different) and where the tapes land help quite a bit.

Lying on my back in bed. I keep both the back and front the same height, I try to get the nappy as tight as possible while still being comfortable. Then put my high waist plastic pants on (and maybe even my locking plastic pants.

I had tried a number of times to diaper up while standing. Well it never worked out. Except tonight with your pointers and a cold bed as incentive (it's snowing here) I got it done.!!! It's not perfect but I am padded and warming up in my footed PJs. I did not want to lay down naked on a cold bed.

I just want to thank everyone who took the time to reply to my post. It is so so amazing have people to talk too about what I like and who I am. And to discuss things I would never share. Thank you to each and every one of you for your time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On cold days I love my footed PJ's, I normally just wear a shirt and diaper at home but trying to save money on heating costs I got the footed PJ's,

Taping up while standing takes some practice to get nailed down right

Slomo said:
That's why you need to memorize where the tapes go once you do have them adjusted correctly. So next time you won't have to guess and fight the tapes.

Even if you know where they're supposed to go, sometimes diapers just don't quite cooperate when changing. Angles get weird. Creases are a constant problem. Factory fold landmarks become difficult or impossible to see. Leak guards are much more difficult to spot off from. Powder and lotion have already been gotten out and may be on your hands or outside of diaper, possibly fouling a tape or two. That's why I'm a big fan of pretaping - it solves all of those problems, in addition to making changing my diaper MUCH quicker.

Despite all that, probably my biggest issue is the second lower tape. When I do the first, I tend to go for the right snugness. But when I go to do the second one, I often find the diaper has shifted to the side of the other tape when I snugged it in to tape it down, and now the second tape can't fit in as far (symmetrically) without being too tight. So I have to tape it down just a bit too snug, and then move the other tape out a bit. And then hopefully they're symmetrical and the right fit. So I have to remember to apply the first lower tape slightly looser than I should, because the second tape will take up the slack.

So I try to pretape whenever possible.

I lay down on my bed and tape the bottom tapes then stand up and tape up the top tapes and I love a snug fit. I also try to get the back ad the font even before taping up.

I tape up pretty dang tightly (I'm AMAB so if I don't tape up tightly there's the risk that I'll point upward and wet everywhere while sleeping).

bambinod said:
Even if you know where they're supposed to go, sometimes diapers just don't quite cooperate when changing. Angles get weird. Creases are a constant problem. Factory fold landmarks become difficult or impossible to see. Leak guards are much more difficult to spot off from. Powder and lotion have already been gotten out and may be on your hands or outside of diaper, possibly fouling a tape or two. That's why I'm a big fan of pretaping - it solves all of those problems, in addition to making changing my diaper MUCH quicker.

Despite all that, probably my biggest issue is the second lower tape. When I do the first, I tend to go for the right snugness. But when I go to do the second one, I often find the diaper has shifted to the side of the other tape when I snugged it in to tape it down, and now the second tape can't fit in as far (symmetrically) without being too tight. So I have to tape it down just a bit too snug, and then move the other tape out a bit. And then hopefully they're symmetrical and the right fit. So I have to remember to apply the first lower tape slightly looser than I should, because the second tape will take up the slack.

So I try to pretape whenever possible.

when I do pre tape a diaper I do it while wearing it, then slide it off so the adhesive can set, but I only do that on my vintage collection.
Do you do this for ones you intend to wear out and about or just for home use?

I like to stand against a wall by pushing against the back part and bringing the front up through my legs.

DracoAmericanus said:
when I do pre tape a diaper I do it while wearing it, then slide it off so the adhesive can set, but I only do that on my vintage collection.
Do you do this for ones you intend to wear out and about or just for home use?

When getting ready for work in the morning, I open up and set out a fresh new preschool in front of the diaper cabinet and stand over it (like a dropcloth) while I lay down a fairly heavy combination of talc and cornstarch. Then I grab the preschool I prefolded/taped the previous morning out the cabinet and pull it up. Then I dump a bit mroe powder down the left and right hips. (otherwise lotsa pimples!) Then I pick up the dropcloth diaper and set it on the dresser and pretape it, fold it, and set it in the cabinet for the next morning.

If I'm running late, I can skip getting out the new diaper and just dump on powder, pull up, more power, and grab the rest of my clothes and run. I'll deal with the powder on the wood floor and pretaping up tomorrow's diaper when I get home from work. Either way, I get a perfect fit every morning, even when I'm rushed for time.

In the evening though, I take it a bit slower, I don't usually have any diapers taked in advance. But when it's time to change, I'll still pull out a fresh one from the cabinet and lay it on the dresser and pretape it before pulling it on, again to make sure I get a perfect fit. Sometimes I lay it open on the floor when powdering before taping it, other times I just put my feet through it after taping and it sits below me open up as I rub on powder (the open diaper catches most of it) before pulling it up.

Laying down.

I leaned against something and I put the diaper on and I pull it up between my legs while leaning against something and I tape one side starting at the bottom and then do the top and then I stop leaning against something and I do the other side.

i wear cloth diapers i position the diaper on the toilet seat sit on the diaper, apply baby powder then fasten my diaper with pins then pull up my plastic pants, DONE

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back