Wetness indicators. Cheers or jeers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommycombs

Est. Contributor
I was just wondering what the consensus or preference was for diapers with wetness indicators?

Do you like having a visible stripe appear when wet? In the medical field these are obviously important for caretakers but outside of the IC part of it, do we still like them?

I know I'd prefer not to have any. I can tell without any stripes! And honestly, I doubt my wife would get any big kicks with a big, gross blue line staring at her when she wakes up!

I haven't been vocal in the ABDL crowd for long but I get the impression that you either love em or hate em.

I'm quite impartial to them, I like the idea used on the ABU Space diapers. Fade when wet is more preferable to show when wet for me though. So overall I wouldn't miss them if they do go but I don't mind them being there. However I totally understand that a partner may not want to know if dry or not.

I like the idea of them. I hope that someone brings that to more of the diapers I wear. "Abu preschool"

I guess I'm impartial. I think they're fun, but I don't really go out of my way to get diapers that have them.

I don't like the utilitiarin indicators, I do like the creative indicators like little paws and space though

Fine by me. I don't need them, though I probably should use them because I always try and use every last square centimeter of my diaper which is dumb.

pampers4U said:
I don't like the utilitiarin indicators, I do like the creative indicators like little paws and space though
True. But I can easily see that becoming an obnoxious trend. Keep it to little things like stars and safety pins. I don't need to see a blue mural of Washington crossing the Delaware! Although now I can't get that image out of my mind. LOL. That actually reminds me out a somewhat recent SNL skit for adult diapers for the older generation that feature their heroes, like John Wayne and Harry Truman. It was too funny.

I never liked the big stripe down the middle of diapers but do like the way ABU does it on Space and Lavenders.

If it had to be yes or no for every diaper everywhere I guess I would vote no as I can live without it.

It's in the approach, for me. I'm not half as hurt by my (theoretical) hearts disappearing, as some big medical, "Mwahahaha! I'm here now, and you're feeble, and you're stuck in me forever," line showing up. It's as if a kiddy print says, "just visiting."

Last edited:
i don't really have a preference I only like the diapering graphic wetness indicators

I love them personally.
Extremely fun in my opinion and really makes me feel as if I had an "accident"

I love wetness indicators. Whether they're a line on the front of the diaper, or a fade when wet design.

Impartial... I like them, but I wouldn't not get diapers that don't have them. In other words, it doesn't affect my purchase.

No real opinion when wearing alone or day-to-day, but can be fun in gatherings of like minded folk, especially when you're not changing yourself. Having a caretaker know that you're wet and use that information as a reason not to change you is enjoyable.

I prefer them, if I haven't had any obvious bladder spams where I soak the diaper, I'll still dribble slowly, and without the indicator it's tough to know how much the diaper has absorbed

I'm impartial to the wetness indicators. I nether avoid them or insist on them.

I personally don't understand the need for them. A wet diaper has a distinctly different look then a dry one. It expands and swells and looks yellow. I don't have a problem with my diapers having one, but I would prefer it if didn't.

My wife makes the occasional use of them. There's a time between a new diaper and a full void where I'm not entirely sure how much I've dribbled to that point, and if we have to go somewhere it's easy to check the indicator to see if I need to be changed first.

It's occasional but happens more than you might think.

They're OK but it's nothing I rely on to judge when my diaper might need changing. You can (or at least I can) tend to 'feel' when you're getting full and then I'd always do a physical check, the good old grab and shake to see if I think it can last any longer or if I'm going to have to find somewhere to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back