Wetness indicators. Cheers or jeers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love them, its like an extra layer of embarrassment that you can't hide because you can't control yourself.
I'd hope that when I find a woman whose also into them would take advantage of them and treat me adequately.

BabyCorry said:
I personally don't understand the need for them. A wet diaper has a distinctly different look then a dry one. It expands and swells and looks yellow. I don't have a problem with my diapers having one, but I would prefer it if didn't.

I think it's a matter of being able to tell if someone is wet with just a quick look. The most reliable way of course is to feel the padding on the outside. For non-contact checking, some diapers are difficult to tell by sight because of the colorful print on the shell. And if you're well-hydrated like you ought to be, there's little to no yellow to look for.

And I'd imagine the need for your caregiver to "physically check your diaper to see if you're wet" is a plus for a lot of ABDLs.

I personally don't mind some of the "print disappears when wet" like the little paws, but I find the yellow-to-blue stripes and "blue microdot print smudges" wetness indicators somewhat detract from the looks of my diaper when wet. (and sometimes when dry... I really don't care for the blue or yellow stripes) Especially on an all-white diaper.

I've noticed if you've managed to stay in one long enough, sometimes just perspiration and our own body funk will create a false positive and make those lines appear.

philder74 said:
No real opinion when wearing alone or day-to-day, but can be fun in gatherings of like minded folk, especially when you're not changing yourself. Having a caretaker know that you're wet and use that information as a reason not to change you is enjoyable.

I also really agree with this. They are good for giving someone an idea of if you need changing or not.

For me it's the wider question of why some diapers have all the repeating patterns all over them, so that if you were to show someone accidentally (say your top rises or your pants slip down a little) instead of a plain white or colour undergarment showing there's a THISDIAPER L MAXI repeated over and over to dispel any doubt about your need for protection... obviously some might like that... but I'd prefer everything to be plain lol

I don't really care for wetness indicators.

I like the fade when wet indicators for my little side. The blue line works for me too but is more adult in design.

Tommycombs said:
I've noticed if you've managed to stay in one long enough, sometimes just perspiration and our own body funk will create a false positive and make those lines appear.

Yes, this happens with me especially in Summer.
Wetness indicators on adult diapers are just part of the diaper-wearing experience.
​Not a big deal with me.

I never cared for wetness indicators myself—the feeling itself's enough for me.

I'm semi against wetness indicators. First of all it's pretty easy to see if a diaper is wet and I don't need an indicator for that. Secondly I prefer an all white diaper. BUT I do like fade when wet designs.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I don't need a caregiver and can tell on my own when my diaper needs to be changed, so a wetness indicator is unnecessary for me. I prefer that my wife can't tell if my diaper's wet, so a plain diaper is preferable. Also, in addition to other benefits, plastic pants generally conceal the diaper so she can't see if it's wet.

I don't like the yellow that change to blue as just sweat with cause them to change color and look just annoying and I never likes the huge name and lot number versions but the blue lines I don't mind, I dribble during the day and have had times where I will go and use the bathroom and find the middle slightly wet, the line gone but not saturated to where I can feel it, I guess that gives me an idea of my IC and if I notice something odd I can mention that to my doctor but normally I don't need them, now the ones I like are the fade away prints on some ABDL brands, adds a little fun and make it less clinical, At one time I found a Chinese brand that had a blue Seagull bird design that fade away, that was kind of fun and I would some times blame a friend of mine for making my birdies disappear. They where the only clinical adult diaper at that time that had birds.

For personal use its not nessasary but if you have a carer it makes it easy for them to check the nappys' status.

Tommycombs said:

caitianx said:
Yes, this happens with me especially in Summer.
Wetness indicators on adult diapers are just part of the diaper-wearing experience.
​Not a big deal with me.

Ditto that. Overall, I like them, but they do not affect my purchasing.

I just wish I could mine ore with the birds from china, the fit well as an added plus

I don't need indicators and I don't particularly care whether it has them or not. I can tell by feel whether I need to change. I certainly wouldn't pay extra to specifically get a certain type or indicator (or a plain one without any).

I don't mind wetness indicators and I like Abena M4's but I prefer DC Amors over them so I would not go out of my way to get them though.

NightOwl said:
I'm quite impartial to them, I like the idea used on the ABU Space diapers. Fade when wet is more preferable to show when wet for me though. So overall I wouldn't miss them if they do go but I don't mind them being there. However I totally understand that a partner may not want to know if dry or not.
Exactly! As long as it has fun shapes I love it.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of cute, Pull-Up style wetness indicators - the kind that are on LittlePawz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back