Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm angry at society.

Default I'm angry at society.

Although I kind of lack empathy due to years of abuse and bullying, and having a bad father I'm very pissed off at society.

Now, these aren't related to abuse, or even related to me, but I'm so fucking sick of the injustice, hate, and suffering in this world.

Society in general likes to ignore real issues like people loosing there family and life's due to conflict (ie war, politics) innocent people we are talking about, getting killed due to there government or other governments.

You've got people dying of poor water, and starvation, you have little kids being molested, abused, kidnapped murdered and when I hear stories on the news of a missing kid, although I'm numb to it, it does make me hate society even more.

I feel like most of the human race, have become sick monsters, I know there are good people in the world, but it seems to be so few of them, even with myself the abuse I went though, all people did was stand back and watch, nobody does anything, and I can kind of feel empathy towards things like innocent people loosing there lifes in third world countries because I can relate to people not doing anything or caring enough about it.

Honestly, how does one stay happy in a world full of hate, suffering, illness death, of course I zone this out, but it seems like a lot of people give two shits what happens in other countries, all people care about is war, hate.

We live in a time where people are murdered because of what country they come from, murdered because of there gender or sexuality, what the fuck is wrong with the world.

People like to pretend in there heads it doesn't happen, but in some countries homosexuals are murdered by the government because of some irrational fear.

When will things change, I Don't know how a lot of people can sleep at night.

Mainstream media loves to hide the real issues from us. all it just seems to cover are pointless issues such as politics, the queen visiting etc. occasionally you get the occasional murderer on the run, etc, but nothing ever seems to reflect the outside world too much.

I grew up as a kind loving person, later on in life, just grew to hate the world.

I have similar sentiments. I consider myself a misanthrope and dislike the vast majority of humans but have nothing but love for humanity as a whole if that makes any sense.

Humans by nature are selfish creatures but there are those individuals who will give you the shirt off their back and not think twice but as you mentioned those types are far and few between.

As a result of this negative/pessimistic view I keep to myself and manage to keep most people at bay with the exception of a few close friends who are at least willing to tolerate my views and thoughts.

Its sad

it's pretty important to note, that the actual over all quality of life for the vast majority of people everywhere, whether in regards to: sexual freedom, monetary freedom, aesthetic freedom, religious freedom, availability of health care, education, travel and entertainment, have steadily gone up over the past 1200 years or so.

The world we live in today, the Issues that we face, are markedly less severe then the world of our ancestors.

If they could struggle on, and contribute light and kindness to their dark times, who are we to give up?

I'm not saying the problems don't exist in our world today, all I am saying, is that there is a clear and marked path of progress, and we are still on it, improving.

If you need hope, all you need do is look at the basic standard of living for individuals in history and the basic standard of living in today's society.

I would hazard that, if the people of previous generations, who went their entire lives in oppression of one kind of another (in our eyes at least) saw the basic resources available, and laws that exist in today's society, they would imagine everyone living in the lap of luxury (even though they would be wrong)

While the OP may be making a case that evil, hate, and apathy do exist in the world, IT is NOT the trend of human growth.

I hate society too. There are some nice people here and there in the world... but in general, humans suck. There's too much hate and greed. People walk all over others and just don't care. And hopefully we aren't on the verge of another world war!

I really hope there are alien races out there in the universe with more benevolence than humanity. If we're the best the universe has to offer (which I doubt), then that is just very disappointing...
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 27-Apr-2017 at 04:12.

I felt like that for a while when I was seriously depressed. Ignore the media's representation of reality for a bit.

Stop reading newspapers, watching TV reports, and going to news websites. I can almost guarantee you'll feel better for not hearing about all the bullshit that you can't do anything about anyway.

Focus on the people that are around you. Spark up small-talk with the cashier every time you buy something in a shop. Smile and say hi to random people more often.

If someone glares at you, smile back. Realise that they have their own problems, and if they glare at you, it's not because of anything you've done. Meet the same person enough times, and they'll almost certainly stop glaring and start smiling. And if they don't, you've got to pity the fact that they're so miserable.

Get out in nature -- go for a walk or a bike ride. Enjoy the peace of the birds, and trees, and clouds...

Do some exercise -- 30 or 60 minutes of activity will give a good rush of endorphins and make you feel better.

The world is too big for anyone to wrap his/her head round. Worrying about it doesn't change anything and makes you feel worse. So... don't worry so much. Let it go. Focus your energies on things you can change.

You can't fix everything in the world, so... just be a good person yourself. Make the right choices; show others how to live a "good" life. Maybe the world is fucked, but you can't help that. All you can do is find a way that allows you to... live with yourself. Small acts of kindness allow you to look back and feel a sense of pride in the way that you have conducted yourself. Maybe it's just me, but there's nothing more rewarding than that glint in the eye that people have when they smile at you... even if all you did was smile at them first.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I felt like that for a while when I was seriously depressed. Ignore the media's representation of reality for a bit.

Stop reading newspapers, watching TV reports, and going to news websites. I can almost guarantee you'll feel better for not hearing about all the bullshit that you can't do anything about anyway.

Focus on the people that are around you. Spark up small-talk with the cashier every time you buy something in a shop. Smile and say hi to random people more often.

If someone glares at you, smile back. Realise that they have their own problems, and if they glare at you, it's not because of anything you've done. Meet the same person enough times, and they'll almost certainly stop glaring and start smiling. And if they don't, you've got to pity the fact that they're so miserable.
    You expect too much from me. I'm too shy and socially anxious. I do try to be nice, and not a jerk, but I avoid people a lot.

I'm not going to ignore the news. I couldn't if I wanted to.

Get out in nature -- go for a walk or a bike ride. Enjoy the peace of the birds, and trees, and clouds...

Do some exercise -- 30 or 60 minutes of activity will give a good rush of endorphins and make you feel better.
    I do go for long walks often. I don't know how much that counts as nature, but it's outside.

The world is too big for anyone to wrap his/her head round. Worrying about it doesn't change anything and makes you feel worse. So... don't worry so much. Let it go. Focus your energies on things you can change.

You can't fix everything in the world, so... just be a good person yourself. Make the right choices; show others how to live a "good" life. Maybe the world is fucked, but you can't help that. All you can do is find a way that allows you to... live with yourself. Small acts of kindness allow you to look back and feel a sense of pride in the way that you have conducted yourself. Maybe it's just me, but there's nothing more rewarding than that glint in the eye that people have when they smile at you... even if all you did was smile at them first.
    I can't really change anything. There are a lot of no-win situations. A or B.... which crappy option do I prefer? There's too much of that.
    I'm not saying there's nothing good in life, but there's waaaaaaay too much bad.

Get some sushi grab a margarita and visit a beach once in awhile it helps =P

The world has always been made up of both the good and the bad. How we live tends to reflect on how we see the world. I've worked hard all my life. I've tried to follow the rules of society, something which wasn't always easy because society is made of both good and bad. I've spent most of my life working one full time job and two part time jobs. Getting a college education gave me certain skills and placed me in a better part of society. So most of my life has been predictable and ordered, something I'm glad for. Even so, life has not been easy as my wife is diabetic, something which has now caught up with her. Even in an ordered life where you try to do the right thing, bad things happen.

My world, though full of problems, has been more ordered than some others. Because I was born in the U. S., I've benefited from all that this country has to offer. I did nothing on my own that makes me deserve that, but it makes my world more orderly and certainly safer than half of the world.

I agree that sometimes you just have to have some of your favorite food, a good drink and a day at the beach or what ever your favorite place is, because bad things are gong to happen in the world, and there is little to nothing you can do about it.

Sadly, the newspapers do report on much of the bad. In my neighborhood, just a couple weeks ago, a high school 17 year old was found murdered in the street. His throat had been slashed and both of his hands cut off by a gang called MS 13, a cartel from El Salvador. When I taught at my junior high school, one of my students was shot and killed in a drive by shooting close to the school.

There are terrible things happening in the world and close to home all the time. I can only speak for myself, but I don't intend to give up or give in to bad people. It's important to believe that good conquers over evil, at least more than evil over good. One reaps what they sew and there is a sense of Karma in the world. Eventually the bad get their just rewards because there are the laws of the land, and those who seek either justice or vengeance.

Being a good person and doing good has its own rewards as well. They don't get press coverage and sometimes they are overlooked, but if you do good things, you have nothing to feel bad or sorry for.

Quote Originally Posted by CreamTheRabbit View Post
    Get some sushi grab a margarita and visit a beach once in awhile it helps =P
    beaches are like a billion miles away

Then a drive out in the country and a subway sandwich