Thread: Thought Networking platform from Primal Fusion

Default Thought Networking platform from Primal Fusion

Seeing how my friend from high school used to own this domain I thought I'd check up on it and guess what it is. It's a company developing a Thought Networking platform. What it does is you enter what you're thinking and it does the work for you and pulls related information (burbs) about the thought. Very good for research papers, etc. Anyways, the domain he used to own were primalfusion.com and .net. So, in a way I'm related to a new technology, or rather know it lols, or something.

Anyways, I just talked with the Founder of it and he says they'd be happy to provide me with the base engine in order to get a more specific niche version of it on the net. So, now I'm planning the very first gaming and technology related thought networking service.

So, I'm also thinking rather or not I should get some extra people to help with this project. If I do I would be needing people to help find good, reliable sources to pull information from and stuff like that. Also, anyone here a graphics designer?

Note: I know I'm risking giving away my project idea and all, but I trust this place to not back stab me, but I also know it's the nature of the internet so, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Seeing how my friend from high school used to own this domain I thought I'd check up on it and guess what it is. It's a company developing a Thought Networking platform. What it does is you enter what you're thinking and it does the work for you and pulls related information (burbs) about the thought. Very good for research papers, etc. Anyways, the domain he used to own were primalfusion.com and .net. So, in a way I'm related to a new technology, or rather know it lols, or something.

Anyways, I just talked with the Founder of it and he says they'd be happy to provide me with the base engine in order to get a more specific niche version of it on the net. So, now I'm planning the very first gaming and technology related thought networking service.

So, I'm also thinking rather or not I should get some extra people to help with this project. If I do I would be needing people to help find good, reliable sources to pull information from and stuff like that. Also, anyone here a graphics designer?

Note: I know I'm risking giving away my project idea and all, but I trust this place to not back stab me, but I also know it's the nature of the internet so, meh.
    The semantic web (and more local thought- or mind-mapping installations) is not a new thing.

Before thinking about graphics design, perhaps you should first focus on the core engine. For example, let's look at Google: the core is still the search engine, and this core has not outwardly changed since its inception. And it works best this way: it has a very clean (spartan, even) interface that moves the user right to the "important bit" of the product - the engine. Depending on how much fuzziness the engine permits, you may have a task of spoon-feeding or training it ahead of you. And this initial training period is much more useful than putting a smiley face on the site.

Damnit, ran down on my burst of happiness

But yea, I didn't mean to say that I'd focus on graphic design first, just throwing things out there. But yea, now I'm thinking there's already a thought network on gaming/tech related things Thanks for bursting my bubble

Damnit, ran down on my burst of happiness

But yea, I didn't mean to say that I'd focus on graphic design first, just throwing things out there. But yea, now I'm thinking there's already a thought network on gaming/tech related things Thanks for bursting my bubble
    No, I'm saying that the underlying concept is not new. Your proposed application may be entirely novel.

I think your steps here are clear Were I you, I'd go about it in this way:
    1. Search for prior art; decide to differentiate or fold depending on what you find.
    2. Work on and with the engine itself and carry out tuning.
    3. Closed beta-test to ~10 friends.
    4. Bugfix.
    5. Invite-only beta (50-500 users).
    6. Bugfix.
    7. Open beta.
    8. [Bugfix]
    9. Graphic design.
    10. ??? (Likely either ads or subscription fees)
    11. Profit!

That's sortof what I was thinking as well. At least I won't be starting from complete scratch though. I'll just need to tweak the base engine to do what I want it to do, which shouldn't be to hard if it's coded like I think it is.

That's sortof what I was thinking as well. At least I won't be starting from complete scratch though. I'll just need to tweak the base engine to do what I want it to do, which shouldn't be to hard if it's coded like I think it is.
    Right.

This means - and take note of this - that you have a business problem rather than a technical one.

Either can sink a company or idea as ably as the other.

You're not anywhere near "revenue" yet, but in the back of you mind, ask yourself a fundamental question: "who will use this thing once it's done?" If you cannot answer this question, it may be time to reconsider its viability, as the project should at least be able to pay its own bills!

If you choose to differentiate and go down the road, your beta-test feedback will become extremely important. After the open beta, you should be able to determine if it is commercially viable; if so, you'll definitely want to bring in a competent business manager to oversee operations 6 months or so in.

I hope you are able to move this forward to eventual fruition.

I wasn't looking to really make anything off of it. It's more of a 'I need a web project to do' and not as a business project. Still, I agree with tweaking the system first, adding things if/when needed and the doing closed-beta tests and open-beta tests.