Status
Not open for further replies.

alltimefun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Hey, any tricks and tips to help keep down there clean and fresh when wearing for long periods

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Shave, use lotion before wearing, and clean off with flushable wipes.

I wear a ConfiDry 24/7 to work each day and normally stay in the same brief for 8 to 10 hrs, so I've given this a lot of thought.

Here's what I've learned along the way: 1) use a good product that works well for you in terms of absorbency and comfort. 2) shave. It makes everything easier. Hair can retain odor. 3) lots of baby powder at each change and 4) use some cologne. I even keep some with me because all day can be a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to add, shave, when ever possible clean skin with damp wash cloth, soap and water, much better than just wipes. Powder is great, but at the 1 sign of a rash, discontinue using and just use a rash cream like desitine, and change more frequently

Also, if you use powder, use only a cornstarch based powder because talc can contain traces of asbestos. Especially dangerous for women.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I forgot to add, drink water. Stay well hudrated

change enough

Shower often, keep it shaved, use a good cream that works for you(I'm an Aquaphor guy), and plenty of baby powder.

- - - Updated - - -

trouble63 said:
I forgot to add, drink water. Stay well hudrated

Definitely seconded. If you drink plenty of water then you can almost avoid even having an odor for the most part with a decent diaper.

I get really sweaty... [emoji15] any ey I can help this? Makes me really uncomfortable [emoji21]

I trim my hair, and stay well hydrated. I also only use co fidry or northshore supreme. I sometimes use powder, but it isn't actually necessary.

07gp6465 said:
I get really sweaty... [emoji15] any ey I can help this? Makes me really uncomfortable [emoji21]

Yes I do as well - it makes diaper wear especially in summer really hard to cope with - so I add uses a ph neutral anti persperant to stop a sweaty rash as well

Downey935 said:
Also, if you use powder, use only a cornstarch based powder because talc can contain traces of asbestos. Especially dangerous for women.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Considering most baby powder comes from China it could have God only knows in it.

Also if powder builds up it can lock wetness against you and cake.
Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Definately get a pack of disposable wet wipes o use molicare versions and they are the best. You'll feel so much cleaner between changes. I don't flush them but dispose of them with old diaper.

i make my own baby powder by combining bentonite clay with arrowroot powder, chamomile, lavender, and calendula

Sent from my SM-P555Y using Tapatalk

bunnyhabit said:
i make my own baby powder by combining bentonite clay with arrowroot powder, chamomile, lavender, and calendula

whoa, old-school ! you're like an apothecary / alchemist

bambinod said:
whoa, old-school ! you're like an apothecary / alchemist
is easy to do and i know what is going on my precious body area

Always wipe yourself down there with a wipe to get off the urine. Drink plenty of water to keep the urine smell down, use diaper rash cream each time you change to avoid getting rashes and to keep your skin from breaking out.

I also recommend using body wash instead of soap. It makes it much easier to get clean down there and dries out your skin less.

bunnyhabit said:

Much respect bunny , it's that can do , will do that has made us who we are .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

bunnyhabit said:

That's awesome. Where do you buy the raw ingredients? particularly the bentonite and arrowroot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back