• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi! Long time no see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

downtide

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I originally joined ADISC in 2012 but I've been inactive here since 2014, with various other things keeping my attention, so most of you probably won't remember me. I just remembered ADISC the other day and remembered how much I had enjoyed it here so I decided to come back.

I'm not AB but I am IC, diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder in 2013. I have retention/overflow incontinence which I mostly manage with intermittent catheters, though my bladder still tends to be a bit unpredictable sometimes, so I still wear diapers or large pads as a precaution, particularly if I'm out for an extended time. Originally my doctor thought that it was caused by a severe infection, then they thought it might be MS (for which I tested negative) and the latest theory from my urologist is that it is probably a result of a back injury I had years ago. I have bowel issues too but again it's more a retention problem.

I am a trans man (female to male transsexual), I've been on hormones for 6 years and had top surgery in 2013. As I don't plan on any further surgery I consider my transition complete. I'm also involved with my local trans and LGB communities.

Work - I'm still at the same company I was at in 2012; I work in the back office of a major UK call-centre. Not the most exciting job in the world but I like it.

My main hobby is writing, mainly fantasy fiction and related genres. Since I last posted here, I've completed the first drafts of three novels, though they all need some hefty revision before I can consider them publishable. I also do a fair bit of walking; I live in a large city in England but I'm just a few miles away from some of the most beautiful scenery in the country.

I also play Second Life (since 2007) where I now run a cosy little jazz club speciallising in Swing era (1935-1945). If you're not sure what Swing is, my favourite example is this:
[video=youtube;TIoTpeM6o2A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIoTpeM6o2A[/video]
My club is all done out in black and white, just like those old movies.

The dog in my userpic is Xena, my half-labrador dog who passed away in late 2012. I will probably update that soon but I will leave it for now in case someone remembers it.

So, hello again to those who remember me, and just hello to those who don't.

Hello and welcome back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Trouble :)

Hey, and welcome back. I do remember you. Hope you enjoy hanging round as much as you used to. I visit regularly but I'm not as active as I was a while back.

Thanks Ozbub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back