Does anyone remember what they usually wore as a baby or toddler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacques3

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm just curious because I have a lot of vivid memories of wearing nothing but pinned on cloth diapers and plastic pants. I can remember wearing a t shirt as well, but I can't remember wearing real pants over my diapers until I started school (I wore diapers until I was 6).

I wore pampers. And I wore until about 6 6 1/2. Sometimes with only a t-shirt. But I also had Rompers

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Mum used terry nappies on me, along with ordinary plastic pants. I can just about remember the feel and sensation of the pants although nothing really about being in nappies. What she did sometimes put on me, that fascinates me now but I don't consciously remember either, is a kind of PVC waterproof romper suit with shoulder straps that I can be seen wearing in some family pictures. There's a really cute one in the park with me running around with just this suit on and my lovely thick nappy showing through clearly. I wonder why these days I only like disposables?

I have no idea. I was born in 1997 so I'm not sure what the diapers were like back then. I know I either wore buggies or pampers but idk what the options where or what they were like. If someone knows what the to popular brands were back then I'd love to know.

I mean I remember wearing pull-ups at one point and I'm pretty sure they were blue. I've seen photos of me in Luvs as well.

Cloth and rubber pants for me.

BabyLink9 said:
I have no idea. I was born in 1997 so I'm not sure what the diapers were like back then. I know I either wore buggies or pampers but idk what the options where or what they were like. If someone knows what the to popular brands were back then I'd love to know.

Pampers Huggies and pics were all popular back then. Still plastic backed. Some of my favorite diapers to wear to this day

Probably not. I thought I wore Huggies, but my parents say it was Pampers (this I know from a story where a horse got caught in the barbed wire fence at the edge of our property, and they used Pampers as bandages until the owners came). I also know my brother wore cloths because disposables gave him an allergic reaction, and we keep them to use as rags.

babybobby said:
Pampers Huggies and pics were all popular back then. Still plastic backed. Some of my favorite diapers to wear to this day

Do you have any guess what I was exactly wearing? I'd love to find out. :D

Original white plastic Pampers.

9cb23b4579ac79adef3c71b04e5c9363.jpg

I can still remember the feel of the plastic and their smell

I can vaguely remember my mom telling me to stop squirming as she was trying to pin a cloth diaper on me. The rest I know through photographs, suck as a green and white stripped romper.

Due to the time period that I was growing up - I wore cloth diapers with rubber pants but I have absolutely no recollection of wearing.

weird. didn't pampers have a website in 1998? Archive.org only goes back to 2012. same for huggies.

BabyLink9 said:

What about Pull-Ups and GoodNites?

at some point pampers,

By the time my memory starts I was four and wore Pull-Ups day and night. That went on til I was five or six and was switched over to Goodnites.

Cloth nappies and plastic pants. Wore them until I was like 5 during the day and until I was about 9 or10 during the night. I can vividly remember waking and going to breakfast in just my nappy.

I have one memory of going to bed and lying there while my mom pinned on my cloth diaper--a Curity "Day/Night" prefold. The cloth diapers I wore as a baby were shared with my younger sister, and were kept around after she was done with them, so I got to know them very well. They were the first diapers I wore by choice, which I was doing as early as age 6. I have quite a few of those diapers in my stash even today, and recently had a bunch of them sewn together into something I could easily wear. Kinda fun to still be wearing the same diapers 40+ years later. (I do wear other kinds of diapers, though!)

Those old 1970's Curity gauze-weave prefolds are just so soft and squishy. I do like the modern twill prefolds also, but they're just not the same--not nearly as soft.

AnimeDude892 said:
What about Pull-Ups and GoodNites?

I actually don't remember wearing pull ups. I remember my sister and brother did when they were really little. But I don't remember a thing about wearing them when I was getting potty trained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back